• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Craigslist/Facebook

The post has been deleted so i cant see the price but every time I see one come up i consider it. Iv owned bothe the yamaha and honda 500s back in the day. I had the chance to buy a nice clean one for $1000 last year but i was recovering from damage to the arch of my foot from kick starting a wr450. Id love one but im not kickstarting ever again. Lol
You only hope the cylinder decompression switch works on that kick cycle. Lol

First time I tried to kick start one of those was in a pecan orchard. I ended up twisting the throttle as I came down and the bike popped a wheelie, and took off with out me straight into a tree. I think I road a trail 70 the rest of the day.

Wow. I've had one...it was amazing. And half priced many years ago.

1707024641036.png

1990 Honda vfr 400 nc30​

$10,500
Listed a week ago in Arlington, TX

About This Vehicle​

Driven 10,700 miles

Manual transmission

Exterior color: White · Interior color:

Seller's Description​

1990 Honda NC30 · Driven 10,700 milesSome rideability mods like Nitron shock and quick action throttle. Lots of spare and hard-to-find parts. Not a museum piece, it's a rider.About 10,700 miles. Valve job has been performed by previous owner at ~10k milesAsking 12k for everything OBO. Open to offers and trades plus cash etc. Clean Texas title

Cool goldwing side car and bike.

Screenshot_2024-02-06-21-57-57-047.jpeg

Complete Moto Guzzi 850 T3. Details in link. Call or email if interested, I’m not in here much 682-301-3575 FrankV@monkeywrenchmotorcycles.com

Attachments

• IMG_4464.jpeg
    IMG_4464.jpeg
    480.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4459.jpeg
    IMG_4459.jpeg
    370.7 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_4460.jpeg
    IMG_4460.jpeg
    452.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_4461.jpeg
    IMG_4461.jpeg
    320.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4463.jpeg
    IMG_4463.jpeg
    383.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4462.jpeg
    IMG_4462.jpeg
    396.1 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_4465.jpeg
    IMG_4465.jpeg
    390.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4466.jpeg
    IMG_4466.jpeg
    319.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4467.jpeg
    IMG_4467.jpeg
    329 KB · Views: 27
As exciting as that ride might be i cant understand the need for the releif in the seat. Lol
Not sure if it’s the same reason, but I had seat concepts build my seat with a similar relief cut into the foam hidden by the cover to relieve tail bone pressure/pain. Ever since spinal fusion my tail bone is much more sensitive. Perhaps the same thing here just not hidden by the cover.

I’d like to ride one at least once to say I have. Always been curious how well they handle (or not).

Always wanted one of those.
Since 1960, the Trail-Breaker has set the standard for Rokon. Features include: Suspension – Patented AutoGrab Front Suspension makes for a smooth ride even in demanding terrain like mud, sand, or snow. Floatation – Hollow drum wheels can provide floatation or space for up to 2.5 gallons of extra fuel or water.

Several missionaries had these back in the 70s to navigate the trails in Papaua New Guinea. The red clay hills with 150+ inches of rain madenfor a very slippery and rutted trail system. The two wheel drive was the desired model with a large rack on the back for luggage. You were not going to be riding fast and most operators had little to no motorcycle experiance so they worked great but the ct90 took its place pretty quick with its high low range and better reliability.

I used an old Tote Gote as a pit bike when I was racing. Had ~7hp Briggs or Tecumseh I swapped with Honda. Drive system was cool. Used a Salsbury belt drive to turn series of jackshafts that acted like a 2-speed transmission of sorts.

The engine drove the Salsbury clutch and the adjustable pulley was attached to the first jackshaft (JS1).

JS2 was chain driven by JS1, BUT the cool thing was separate two chain drives of differing ratios between JS1 and JS2. The sprockets wer mounted via bearings on JS#2 and you would use a slider that floated on JS2 to select which sprocket drove JS2.

JS2 was a direct chain drive to the rear wheel.

Basically, you has a Salsbury drive with a Hi/Lo selector.

I once pulled my friend 5.0 Mustang from the end of the return road at HRP to the head of staging. Also have pulled another friends’ 71 SCJ mustang clone around LSRP when it was open.

I still have that one and a second one in pieces – maybe I need to get them running again.

Last edited:
I used an old Tote Gote as a pit bike when I was racing. Had ~7hp Briggs or Tecumseh I swapped with Honda. Drive system was cool. Used a Salsbury belt drive to turn series of jackshafts that acted like a 2-speed transmission of sorts.

The engine drove the Salsbury clutch and the adjustable pulley was attached to the first jackshaft (JS1).

JS2 was chain driven by JS1, BUT the cool thing was separate two chain drives of differing ratios between JS1 and JS2. The sprockets wer mounted via bearings on JS#2 and you would use a slider that floated on JS2 to select which sprocket drove JS2.

JS2 was a direct chain drive to the rear wheel.

Basically, you has a Salsbury drive with a Hi/Lo selector.

I once pulled my friend 5.0 Mustang from the end of the return road at HRP to the head of staging. Also have pulled another friends’ 71 SCJ mustang clone around LSRP when it was open.

I still have that one and a second one in pieces – maybe I need to get them running again.
hey I had one of those too... didnt speed shift very well though all these years i have never seen or heard of another til now.

Last edited:
Back