• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Craigslist/Facebook

Those are some expensive wheel bearings.
Bearing ☹️

Sorry, my memory includes all expenses, excluding my time.
$824 actual repair
2 or 3 trips to Katy at 240mi/ea
Tolls
1x trailer rental

rear wheel bering 20200926_103745.jpg

Have never owned a BMW but $824 sounds beyond ridiculous. I have seen some equally ridiculous prices friends have paid for repairs on their BMW autos also.

Well if you count $150/hr for labor then everything I fix on any of my motorcycles costs $1000+.

I didn't realize @just Curtis was talking about the shop bill plus additional costs to have a bearing replaced. Sure, if you take the bike to the dealer, nearly everything can wind up costing $1000. I misinterpreted and thought he meant the BEARING cost $1000, like the actual part.

Well if you count $150/hr for labor then everything I fix on any of my motorcycles costs $1000+.

I didn't realize @just Curtis was talking about the shop bill plus additional costs to have a bearing replaced. Sure, if you take the bike to the dealer, nearly everything can wind up costing $1000. I misinterpreted and thought he meant the BEARING cost $1000, like the actual part.
There is good reason for the term "stealership".

There is good reason for the term "stealership".
The cost of running a good franchised dealership is very expensive. ISTA was $600/month four years ago. Light speed is a monthly cost per computer per month, utilities, employee cost, and insurance just name some costs. Then you have to figure in the occasional employee mostly that nobody understands. Put a small 2mm mark on a $4,000 wheel and suddenly a lot of money poof be gone.

Stupid money, loses all money in any industry. Incompetent employees, training practices, and hiring mgrs shouldn't come at the expense of the customer.

I get it guys but here's the deal ....
- I called 2 independent shops I learned about on TWT with positive recommendations and neither would do it because of the proprietary, expensive BMW tool required.
- Then I called 3 dealers in Houston and only Wildwest would touch it due to being >10yrs old so I was stuck between a rock and the junkyard. 🤬

I get it guys but here's the deal ....
I was stuck between a rock and the junkyard. 🤬

Yeah, that stinks, for sure. I am afraid my 12 and 18 year old Triumphs might end up with some of the same types of problems one day. My 2014 Stellauto is in one of those "you're on your own, there's not even parts available" kind of situations. It was free, like a puppy, as they say.

A friend is selling this to fund a commuter car. Not perfect, but he's honest and described it accurately. He's open to offers. I suggested he join here and list it.

2004 BMW r1150rt​

$3,000
Listed 2 days ago in New Braunfels

About This Vehicle​

Driven 73,000 miles

Manual transmission

Exterior color: Blue · Interior color:

Seller's Description​

2004 R1150RT. 73000 miles. Heated grips and electric windshield work perfect. Can’t get the brake light to work. ABS is deleted. One of the front rotors is just barely warped but it’s not to bad. Tires in great shape. Brake pads are new. All oils and fluids are new with Liqui Moly products. I’ve ridden it about 70 miles round trip to San Antonio and back several times and it runs and rides great. Gets about 40-45 mpg. New BS battery lithium battery two months old. New starter, valves are adjusted, replaced left side cam chain tensioner with updated tensioner. Couple of minor cosmetic defects noted in the pictures. Clean Tx title in my name. Will entertain reasonable offers. Might trade for a good little commuter car. Selling because I don’t ride very much and looking to get a car to drive as I sold my last vehicle.

1712329368249.png

Last edited:
A friend is selling this to fund a commuter car. Not perfect, but he's honest and described it accurately. He's open to offers. I suggested he join here and list it.

Wow - that is a really great ad. Wish all ads were that concise and complete.

Matter of fact, I'm stealing the format. I got 2-3 bikes I need to get rid of this year that don't get ridden and are surplus to other project bikes

Wish him luck with sale

https://sanantonio.craigslist.org/mcy/d/san-antonio-motorcycle-collection-for/7734422595.html

selling (all together or separately )
1. 74 norton commando 850 interstate, (5 gallon tank) excellent condition, new battery $10600
2. 93 Yamaha gts 1000 ! Rare bike!Corbin seat new factory bags made by krauser. Front wheel swing arm! Custom paint!$5500
3. 94 Kawasaki 1100 Zepher! Very clean , styling like vintage Kawasaki z-1 from 70’s $4200
4. 79 Yamaha xs11 w/ factory fairing and bags $2000
5. 08 suzuki b-king, ( naked hyabusa!)$7500
6. 74 bmw 750 cc $4950
7. 2005 c6 base corvette 120 k miles automatic ( daily driver)$17,000 all prices negotiable.
reason selling? can’t ride or get in vette anymore , all have good titles and haven’t been started in around a year but all ran good before hospitalization, may need batteries recharged , Ed, 210 863-6685 call and leave msg
Or I won’t answer (lots of scam calls) so leave msg if you want to talk!
All are OBO!

00c0c_4PyzcqgpJhE_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00x0x_h31AnIdgzfa_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00z0z_bwYGqqpJEfa_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00404_fKy440bXwWd_0lL0CI_600x450.jpg

00K0K_dzsu0EGcsRt_0lL0CI_600x450.jpg

00S0S_3nQzySUSZt9_0lL0CI_600x450.jpg

Back