• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Diagnosis: God wins (despite leukemia)

Thanks for the update Gary. We will still be praying. God is beyond medical statics. Praise the Lord.
God our Father is outside of time and stats, and is in NO way bound by either.
I too often forget that.
Thank you for your prayers - our conduit to the eternal, infinite, and unbound God the Father, Creator of All.

I thought you might enjoy this blog,

Tracker thank you for encouraging us with this courageous faith filled thread. Amen, God wins!
Gary we are standing in faith in the author and finisher of our faith. I love "His" quotation marks and know you do as well. :-D We have entered into eternal life when we were saved by the free gift of grace through faith in God's only begotten Son.
We believe the truth that Jesus spoke to Martha and she believed what he said too.
John 11:24-27
24 Martha said to Him, “I know that he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day.”

25 Jesus said to her,I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. 26 And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?

27 She said to Him, Yes, Lord, I believe that You are the Christ, the Son of God, who is to come into the world.

Thanks for the update on the blog Gary. I am praying for you every day.
I have to second Clay's statement above and say thank you for being an encouragement to me. I always thought that im dark times I couldn't encourage anyone but you have shown me that is not the case. Thank you.

Our pastor is preaching through 1st Peter and the passage stood out to me yesterday thinking about you when it says rejoice even in our dark times. Even when being tested by fire, rejoice in Jesus.

6 In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, 7 so that the tested genuineness of your faith-more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire-may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ. (1 Peter 1:6-7, ESV)

God bless you brother.

Still on our prayer list as well. It is obvious you have the joy that only a personal relationship with God can give. You are an encouragement to my wife and my self.

Grateful for the sunny, mild days this week before I jump in for 30 days 'o fun this Friday for the Stem-cell Bone Marrow Transplant.

1707326872989.png

And the eve is upon us. Thank you for taking us on your journey, it's been a real learning experience for us all!
I had NO idea what your are going through was so incredibly complicated, not to mention the long time spans!
We're all with you!!

I like the 3rd verse of that song. We do sing that one but it is slightly different.

3 Be Thou my Breastplate, my Sword for the fight; be Thou my whole Armor, be Thou my true Might; be Thou my soul’s Shelter, be Thou my strong Tow’r, O raise Thou me heav’nward, great Pow’r of my pow’r.

From the Trinity hymnal
3 Be thou my battle shield, sword for my fight;
be thou my dignity, thou my delight,
thou my soul's shelter, thou my high tow'r;
raise thou me heav'n-ward, O Pow'r of my pow'r.

UV room disenfectors. The side covers come off and there's about 4 foot UV lamps all the way around it. They use them on the transplant floor rooms when prepping a new patient room. You can pick up a used one on eBay for $6K.

View attachment 374228

View attachment 374229
It amazes me the knowledge and science that the medical system has today. A friend had bad circulation to his foot. Doctors ran a balloon down his leg to his foot and now he is doing well.
I know this is tuff and I also know you are and will be victorious .

UV room disenfectors. The side covers come off and there's about 4 foot UV lamps all the way around it. They use them on the transplant floor rooms when prepping a new patient room. You can pick up a used one on eBay for $6K.

View attachment 374228

View attachment 374229
Wow. What a strange looking contraption.

Just had this installed. Doing good so far

1708249825348.jpeg
just had one of my better 3.5 hour sleeps in quite awhile. tandem insulin pump

One of the hardest things about having a teenager is when something happens to one of their friends or classmates. Everyone may recall when my son's friend was killed in a car accident two years ago.

Well, unfortunately it has happened again. Fifteen year old Trevor Wyatt Parks was killed in a car accident on Saturday. Just like my son's friend, He was not wearing a seat belt And was ejected.

My heart absolutely aches for him and his family. All I can do is plead for parents to please teach their children to wear a seatbelt!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240218_184055_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240218_184055_Chrome.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 11
One of the hardest things about having a teenager is when something happens to one of their friends or classmates. Everyone may recall when my son's friend was killed in a car accident two years ago.

Well, unfortunately it has happened again. Fifteen year old Trevor Wyatt Parks was killed in a car accident on Saturday. Just like my son's friend, He was not wearing a seat belt And was ejected.

My heart absolutely aches for him and his family. All I can do is plead for parents to please teach their children to wear a seatbelt!
I'm sorry for your loss, CT. Losing a child at any age is tough. Praying the family will find comfort.

Flew down to Burnet yesterday to visit an elderly friend Shirley Archer, who was diagnosed with cancer recently. Dr says a week to ten days.

In her day, she was a pilot, supermodel and global jet setter!! She even modelled for Harley Davidson !!

I took her a stuffed weiner dog toy and she was really happy I came to see her! She has a weiner dog named Bubbles.

The flight was through lots of smoke from the panhandle fires. The last pic was taken over Lake Buchanan

Attachments

• 20240301_161422.jpg
    20240301_161422.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_9613(1).jpg
    IMG_9613(1).jpg
    271.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 20240301_182347.jpg
    20240301_182347.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 23
That is wonderful news Gary and thanking the Lord for healing so far. We will continue to pray.

Flew down to Burnet yesterday to visit an elderly friend Shirley Archer, who was diagnosed with cancer recently. Dr says a week to ten days.

In her day, she was a pilot, supermodel and global jet setter!! She even modelled for Harley Davidson !!

I took her a stuffed weiner dog toy and she was really happy I came to see her! She has a weiner dog named Bubbles.

The flight was through lots of smoke from the panhandle fires. The last pic was taken over Lake Buchanan
Thank you for visiting Shirley. Wow what a life she lives. There is no cancer in heaven. God bless you both.

I am very thankful and grateful to God Almighty that 15 days post-transplant my counts have been steadily climbing for the past five days, which means my bone marrow from stem cells translplant is working as it should. Now the battle will be watching out for graft versus host disease, GVHD, Managed with immunosuppressant drugs to find that perfect balance of letting my white blood cells grow to protect me and not attacking my own body.
Thank you all for your prayers and good thoughts.
Gary

Back