• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Electric Okay or Die Hard ICE?

Will you keep your ICE bike once electric takes over?

• Yes

Votes: 81 91.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 9.0%

• Total voters
You should buy 3, SB.....such a steal!! :lol2:
The Air Force should buy up Hertz’s entire Tesla fleet.

A GBU-39 costs about $40,000.00. A used Hertz Tesla costs about $35,000.00. If the USAF were to buy all the used Teslas they could probably get a deal, maybe as little as $20,000.00 per car.

Since a flaming Tesla is nearly impossible to extinguish and will burn intensely for more than a day, they would make perfect weapons for say bombing Houthis’. Who knows, one Tesla might take out a Houthis command and control center saving a cargo ship full of EVs!

I’m not holding my breath on this. In 1974 I suggested a similar savings; that the Air Force buy up all Ford Pintos as munitions. It went nowhere.

Attachments

• IMG_0756.jpeg
    IMG_0756.jpeg
    266.8 KB · Views: 17
That's interesting, I wonder if that's a thing to try for these cars? Would it draw off the car battery and drain it down, or plug it in while charging consuming even more electricity?
I know the lithium ion battery on my ktm 890 would not crank the bike at 25 degrees. I just turned the highway lights on for a couple minutes to heat the battery up and it started fine. What i can't understand is why the teslas would not charge when they were obviously warm when they pulled up to the charger and charging warmes batteries up just like discharging them does. It seems like either the charging stations were down or there is some safty mechanism in the car that wont allow charging in cold temps either because of excess heat and fire or damage to the expencive batteries. Would be interesting to know.

The Air Force should buy up Hertz’s entire Tesla fleet.

A GBU-39 costs about $40,000.00. A used Hertz Tesla costs about $35,000.00. If the USAF were to buy all the used Teslas they could probably get a deal, maybe as little as $20,000.00 per car.

Since a flaming Tesla is nearly impossible to extinguish and will burn intensely for more than a day, they would make perfect weapons for say bombing Houthis’. Who knows, one Tesla might take out a Houthis command and control center saving a cargo ship full of EVs!

I’m not holding my breath on this. In 1974 I suggested a similar savings; that the Air Force buy up all Ford Pintos as munitions. It went nowhere.
Ya the pinto was a pretty good car. My wife had one when we were dating. A brown woody station wagon. One recently sold at auction for over 20,000$.

I know the lithium ion battery on my ktm 890 would not crank the bike at 25 degrees. I just turned the highway lights on for a couple minutes to heat the battery up and it started fine. What i can't understand is why the teslas would not charge when they were obviously warm when they pulled up to the charger and charging warmes batteries up just like discharging them does. It seems like either the charging stations were down or there is some safty mechanism in the car that wont allow charging in cold temps either because of excess heat and fire or damage to the expencive batteries. Would be interesting to know.
You're thinking like obiden and kerry, there was an hours long wait which let those idiotic vehicles cool just a tiny bit in that balmy weather. EVs suck, hertz is dumping all of theirs. Most of the charging stations were down which is becoming normal even in good weather.

The problem may not be the EV-charging stations or the EVs.

Having lived in Illinois for 35-years, I think we’re missing the elephant (and the donkey) in the room. Chicago-area charging stations are maintained, funded and overseen by Illinois state politicians. Illinois is one of, if not the most corrupt state governments in the country; remember Gov Blagojevich trying to sell Obama’s Illinois Senate seat, or Illinois State Representative Jesse Jackson Jr. trying to buy it? Over 70 Illinois politicians and at least four Illinois governors have gone to jail.

Granted EVs are not cold weather vehicles but using Chicago’s fiasco as evidence is only part of the story.

I wonder how the EV-truckers justify the additional SF6-emissions for which they are responsible?

If the whole point were about environmental impacts there would be no advantage . If i had to travel the same 20 miles every day and the weather were perfect every day my E bike would get lots of use . But since every day is different it only gets occasional use . It simply is not the right choice for a lot more days than it is the right choice .

It's funny how so many EV cucks think it's ok to screw EVERYONE over so a few buffoons can have a fancy golf cart that will ultimately burst into flames and possibly destroy entire parking garages full of other people's hard earned property and endanger the lives of firefighters(!)...all the while not able to see how POISONOUS these EV's AND HYBRIDS are to the planet and EVERYONE's finances. The only "green" to them is sucking it out of ALL of our pockets. Such a stupid scam...

Zinc batteries look promising

Zinc batteries look promising

Sounds great. Now hands off my ICE bikes! Any great technology that develops should gain demand on its own, without tax-funded subsidies or it's DOA.

Sounds great. Now hands off my ICE bikes! Any great technology that develops should gain demand on its own, without tax-funded subsidies or it's DOA.
Absolutely. And any existing technology that has been getting tax funded subsidies should stand on its own or be DOA as well. Let the chips fall where they may without any thumb on the scale.

Absolutely. And any existing technology that has been getting tax funded subsidies should stand on its own or be DOA as well. Let the chips fall where they may without any thumb on the scale.
+100, don't you wish windmills and solar panels were the same?

IMO the tax rebate is to push people into electric at a faster pace. Will it have the desired impact some people think it will? Only time will tell.

+100, don't you wish windmills and solar panels were the same?

I'm pretty sure I remember seeing some rebates or incentives on solar panels a few years ago.

Our current electric grid is WOEFULLY inadequate for charging ALL the ALREADY existing EV's during inclement weather in Texas alone!...largely because of the windmills and solar panels that don't work when needed the most!

Boondoggles abound and the fact that they are COSTING so much MORE than legacy power generation that was at least reliable on the high demand events is really raping the taxpayers once again.

The circle completes...the experiment in EV's has nearly run fill circle and people are realizing they were lied to by virtually everyone connected to this scam!

Back