• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Fuel for you KTM haters.

I grew up playing with cheverolets , when it came time to go to work it had to be in a ford , ford service trucks from 1982 on and still going .

This guy is funny (and a good rider). A bit long, but I couldn't tear my self away from the action. The comments at the end are worth it too :lol2::

The old guys always told me it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

Dude was having a blast on that thing flat out.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1688859079589.jpg
    FB_IMG_1688859079589.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 58
My old Racing Buddy is a Mechanic at Bargers here in town for the last 35 years. He started this one for KTM’s back before any of the other nick names were started. Kant Take Much. We use to call that junk trail markers because they were broke down all around the track. But they have got the dirt bikes a lot better. But the street legal versions man they need some help. There fast for a short time they just won’t get you home.

"Anyone having problems with there 2023? I have a sxf 350 it's running like a bag of spanners. I thought it was the AIM ECU so I've put the ktm one back on and now its not starting. I changed the spark plug two times now. I'm thinking it's the ignition coil. 25 hours on it now"

From Facebook site, NOT mine. I have a KTM page with 7,000 members, some of it is entertaining. And these aren't haters, they're owners!

728C797D-F573-46EE-9A7F-AED10CB989DC.jpeg

BTW, on my site most of the riders are loving their bike and sharing ideas! Just a very few like the one above.

I had some friends riding KTM’s here in Arkansas last week, one crashed and one of the newer Dukes wouldn’t run right with only 1500 miles on it….😳
The wrecked rider will survive.

I just don't know why people hate KTMs while Moto Guzzi is still hanging on by a thread and with a little more community focus could be deservedly put out of its misery. Just saying...

I grew up playing with cheverolets , when it came time to go to work it had to be in a ford , ford service trucks from 1982 on and still going .
I think I have some condolence cards left over from an uncle's funeral that I can send you. I'll see if I can find them. :duck:

:lol2:

I will find out by the end of the year if this Russian made quality junk or Ural I’m riding is more reliable than a KTM. I should have over 10k by the end of the year. I’ve never known a KTM owner with 10k miles that hadn’t been in the shop four times.

I will find out by the end of the year if this Russian made quality junk or Ural I’m riding is more reliable than a KTM. I should have over 10k by the end of the year. I’ve never known a KTM owner with 10k miles that hadn’t been in the shop four times.
Got my Norden 901 on June 1st.

Not exactly a KTM, but close.

Had one trip to the shop for some hardware, two bolts missing from the radiator.

At 1,500 miles now and should be at 4,000 by the time I get back from Colorado on the 19th.

Guess I should be ready for another visit by then 😂

My 950 has 70,000 and in the shop for a water pump one time when new , not installed correctly at the factory . The last waterpump I replaced has 40,000 miles on it and still fine , minor modifications from the way KTM sells It .

My 950 has 70,000 and in the shop for a water pump one time when new , not installed correctly at the factory . The last waterpump I replaced has 40,000 miles on it and still fine , minor modifications from the way KTM sells It .

Dang that is some impressive miles and seems pretty good as far as issues for any bike.

I went ahead and ordered a kickstand bypass dongle just in case, because I hear trouble with that is a show stopper on a longer trip.

Never been a problem but if it is cut two wires and connect them together , takes less than a minuet . My last waterpump failure was over 15 years ago , woke up in Big Bend on a cold morning for a weekend ride and oil filter was plugged from coolant in the oil . Looked around to see if I could get a ride home for a bit then dumped the oil and pulled the filter , put in fresh oil and rode the rest of the weekend then home , no problem . That was when I cured that issue . Most of the issues I hear about are internet related , it’s the people that spend all their time bitching about them . I stayed busy riding mine and know several other people just like that . If you spend all your time internetting and listening to other people your going to have problems . My biggest *** bikes have all been Hondas along with mediocre ride and performance . I like bikes that can deliver serious grin factor . I did do all the warranty recall s myself , I bought from a good dealer and he took care of me except that stupid *** gas tank crossover that was totally unnecessary .with Proper routing of gas tank vent lines it works just fine

Roger yours played dead at 3k the whole motor went south but that’s another story. Roger was one of the only guys I know that was honest about KTM’s he said they have their problems. But the dirt bikes are good so they have that going for them.

Roger yours played dead at 3k the whole motor went south but that’s another story. Roger was one of the only guys I know that was honest about KTM’s he said they have their problems. But the dirt bikes are good so they have that going for them.
Thought that was Joe Finks?

No I think it was Rogers. Haven’t done any Friday lunch rides since my wreck. Everyone is going to miss Joe Fink not being there.

Fink's did crater on us up in Arkansas one time, and it wasn't that old at the time either. To be fair though, it ran like a champ when he let me ride it down in Big Bend. Had to lean it up when parking though, as the kickstand broke off the damned thing on the first day :lol2:. Problem was, there ain't much to lean up against in Big Bend! Yeah, I miss that guy.

Back