• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Klim opinions

Great gear but at a price. Just hope you never have a problem with it and need customer support. Plenty of reports of folks having to fight to get issues resolved, or not getting resolved.

Great gear but at a price. Just hope you never have a problem with it and need customer support. Plenty of reports of folks having to fight to get issues resolved, or not getting resolved.
Are you taking about the Klim or MSR gear?

My customer service interaction with Klim hasn't been great. At this point my $700 pants are marginally useful because of a broken zipper

I have had some Klim Badlands Pro gear for about 4 years. I had 1 pant leg tear and a zipper break. I washed the gear and sent it to Klim the fixed it great and sent it back very fast, super simple for me. Sorry to hear that others have had such a bad experience...

My Badlands Pro suit is 10 years old. I've never had any issues with it. Still my regular go to suit whenever I ride. So I've never had to deal with their customer support. I guess I am just lucky.

My Klim Induction gloves had a stich come loose and I had new gloves at the door in less than a week after submitting my warranty request.

I've been trying to find a Badlands / Latitude set used to complement my Induction jacket. I've tried probably 6-7 jackets of various brands. Returned or sold them all except my Klim gear. Too many little things wrong with other brands, plus I love the forearm pocket Klim uses.

Has anyone used the KLIM adv helmet? My Arai XD4 is getting old and needs replacing. I love the helmet except for the fact that the visor cannot be quickly removed for cleaning. I miss having a visor with the quick release like the Shoei helmets have.

That's sad that the XD4 doesn't have the same quick release of the other Arai helmets. That's the selling point for me, so much faster than Shoei and others.

That's sad that the XD4 doesn't have the same quick release of the other Arai helmets. That's the selling point for me, so much faster than Shoei and others.
You actually have to unscrew the two screws on each side that hold to visor bill to the helmet to remove the visor. A coin will work as a screw driver, but it is just a pain to have to do that any time you really want to clean the inside of the visor, which is difficult to do if the visor is not removed, or if you want to swap between a clear/tinted visor. Other than that, I love the fit of the helmet.

Has anyone used the KLIM adv helmet? My Arai XD4 is getting old and needs replacing. I love the helmet except for the fact that the visor cannot be quickly removed for cleaning. I miss having a visor with the quick release like the Shoei helmets have.
I’ve been wearing the Klim Krios Pro for almost a year now. I like it. It’s noticeably lighter than my XD4 with no buffeting at all. The photo gray shield along with the fid-lock latch on the strap took a little to get used to, but now I prefer these over the standard shields and d-rings.

Last edited:
I’ve been wearing the Klim Krios Pro for almost a year now. I like it. It’s noticeably lighter than my XD4 with no buffeting at all. The photo gray shield along with the fid-lock latch on the strap took a little to get used to, but now I prefer these over the standard shields and d-rings.
So the visor has a quick release?

The only reason I've still looked at them is their transitions shield seems to be pretty darn good. But I can't get over the sticker shock so I stick with my $250 Bell helmets that seem to fit me like a glove and have quick release shields. I just don't have the fancy ADV look.

Plus one on the Krios. The shield is wide enough that you can't see the sides. I still reach up to scratch my nose only to find the shield in my way. I love not messing with sunglasses and sunblock. I use it for all riding and the transition and UV block work perfectly. I can leave the visor attached for touring on the Duc without a problem. I did ride a loaner Street Triple with the visor on and that was a mistake.

I didn't expect to abandon my Shoei so completely, but it looks destined to be an artifact.

I've been using the Krios Pro the last few rides as it's gotten hotter instead of my Shoei RF1400. It's not as quiet as the Shoei at highway speeds but it has so much more airflow to keep my brain cool. The visor can easily be taken on or off in under a minute when I'm going slower and want to run goggles and as was mentioned above the field of view is amazing.
Also using their Baja S4 suit and love the airflow, features, and awesome protection. I can't pull off the full gore-tex gear no matter how many vents they have!

I just bought an $1100 KLim Baja suit cause its always hot in Texas, and sold my 25 YO Aerostich Roadcrafter 2 for $100. I guarantee you the Roadcrafter is 10x the protection, and feels way safer when touring. I feel pretty naked riding in the Klim but I'm probably gonna be cooler most of the year here in this desolate wasteland. I think its tolerable to about 94 degrees for me.

Good stuff but awful high priced. That said, the badlands pro jacket is built like a tank. If I had to pick one to tumble in...that'd be the one. But, other companies are making some first rate gear that comes without the brand price premium.
That is their top end model. No way I could wear that in the heat though. Everyone is different I guess.

I wear the Badlands year round on the roads. Its vents are excellent and combined with a LD Comfort base layer it’s hard to beat.

It’s not what I’d wear for slow off road stuff in the summer though.

I’ve called Klim customer service one time because I needed new cheek pads in my helmet and they sent a new pair for free no questions asked.

The Krios Pro is defintely louder than my Arai XD-4. At speeds of 50+ mph, I have a very hard time hearing the SENA 20S communicator. Of course, I've always wanted the communicator to be LOUDER. Even at max volume it is hard to hear. I wear ear plugs so that probably doesn't help, but I can't ride without them.

The Krios Pro is defintely louder than my Arai XD-4. At speeds of 50+ mph, I have a very hard time hearing the SENA 20S communicator. Of course, I've always wanted the communicator to be LOUDER. Even at max volume it is hard to hear. I wear ear plugs so that probably doesn't help, but I can't ride without them.
I switched from Sena 20s to Cardo Packtalk Edge and it fixed this problem. More volume than I can handle at all speeds.

I switched from Sena 20s to Cardo Packtalk Edge and it fixed this problem. More volume than I can handle at all speeds.

All my volume issues went away too when I switched to a Packtalk Bold from a Sena. The phone function is actually functional on the Cardo as well which is nice (sometimes).

I normally ride with my shield up so it really doesn’t matter how quiet my helmet is. 😅

Wow, those Cardos are pricey!

A single unit is $351. If you get the Duo set it is $628. That is a nice discount, but I would need three of them.

The listing is VERY unclear about what EXACTLY comes in the box. IF you buy the unit without a helmet kit, is it JUST the communicator with no speakers or a mic? Also, if you get the duo pack with helmet kit, it says 1 extra kit included, which seems odd if you are buying two units. Am I missing something here?

So there are the regular Cardo kits, Cardo kits w/ extra helmet kit (for if you have two helmets, but only want one Cardo), duo packs with two full Cardo kits, as well as a duo pack with two Cardo kits along with two extra helmet kits.

Back