• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Klim opinions

Does yours have the long zipper down to the boot?
It does.
352031273_1488567721882048_2912367094197309702_n.jpg

Lucky, the new ones only go to the waist. I’m bummed I didn’t get a set before they changed the zipper configuration.
I'll be honest, I don't think that would bother me... I'd honestly probably would prefer it that way. I don't unzip my current one down past the legs. I still hop in them like a pair of pants. The only time it's nice is putting on boots.

So the kidney belt in my Badland Pro Jacket finally wore out. The stretch material finally lost its pull, so I ordered a replacement. The new one is much nicer than the original one. It is also adjustable. The original one was kind of one size fits all fat boys, so I was always pulling it to the max trying to get it snug and was running out of velcro because of how much the ends overlapped. The new one doesn't do that.

I got new Badland pants as well to replace my 10 year old Badland pants. The old ones have a big hole in the left lower leg for some reason and that kept snagging on the foot peg when I'd go to put my foot down. It was only a matter of time until it hung and I dropped the bike... Like the kidney belt, the new pair has much better waist adjustment with velcro straps. I might actually be able to wear these without the need for the suspenders. I buy them slightly large so I can wear base and mid layers under them, so when not wearing those inner layers, it is a little loose on me. So it is nice to be able to snug it with the velcro straps.

I am still wearing the Badlands jacket purchased in 2013. I think it still has a few more years left in it.

Can anyone recommend a place that will repair a zipper on my Badlands pants? Klim won't and have been pretty unresponsive.

Hi everyone. I was hoping there would be some folks who use Klim gear. I am waffling between buying the Carlsbad or the new Latitude.
Most of my riding is long distance on pavement (to get to the twisty parts)

Thoughts?
Here is a partial answer at least:

Regular suspenders or anything special? I'm having delightful issues with my riding pants since starting my diet/exercise last year.
KLIM suspsenders. One attach point center rear and one each side of front zipper. There are loops already in the pants for them.

Ahh well, guess that's out for me then.
I have some Klim suspenders you can have as my velcro waistband field mod now negates my need for them. Now where did I pit them? I'm traveling now and will know in a week or so.

I have some Klim suspenders you can have as my velcro waistband field mod now negates my need for them. Now where did I pit them? I'm traveling now and will know in a week or so.
Thanks for the offer, I said not for me because I don't have Klim pants and my RevIt pants wouldn't be compatible with them. Appreciate it though.

Tested my Latitude gear Friday in NWA. Get-off at unknown speed in 30mph left hander. It's dirty, smudged, but 100% intact. No tears, rips, pulled seams, etc, that I saw. I apparently hit a sign and went 30ish feet down a ravine. Burst fracture T7, small crack T5, four broken ribs, so the impact was significant. I don't know if it saved my life, but the recovery is going to be much more comfortable because of it.
I'm a believer.

Tested my Latitude gear Friday in NWA. Get-off at unknown speed in 30mph left hander. It's dirty, smudged, but 100% intact. No tears, rips, pulled seams, etc, that I saw. I apparently hit a sign and went 30ish feet down a ravine. Burst fracture T7, small crack T5, four broken ribs, so the impact was significant. I don't know if it saved my life, but the recovery is going to be much more comfortable because of it.
I'm a believer.
Been there, done that, and you're correct, that gear probably saved you from a lot of extra pain. It's only then you realize it's worth the money.

I hope you're recovery is swift and complete. Good luck brotha!

I'm a believer.
So are you in the hospital at the moment? When was your off?

No, I got home yesterday(Wednesday) morning. Occurred Friday afternoon. I was transported to Harrison, then transferred to trauma unit in Springfield MO.

Also, a HUGE thank you to my friend Mr2mch. He and another friend (non-rider) drove from Waco to MO to pick me up and drive my car/trailer back.

Another HUGE thank you to Mark "Gravel Guy". I had already planned to meet with him before the trip. When he found out, he made it his personal mission to do whatever was necessary to get me home. Also has offered to pick up and store bike if that comes up.

I have no words and get emotional when I start thinking about how awesome my support system is, I'm a lucky man.

It's times like this you realize you have friends you didn't even know you had. The MC community always comes through. Hats off to all you guys who jumped in and helped.

Did you go to Cox medical center? That's where they took me and those folks were awesome.

So did you get to hospital via land or air? If by helicopter prepare yourself for a doozie of an invoice.

Land. I heard them ordering the helo and told them I preferred ground transportation. Apparently I had done well enough with my protocols that they eventually agreed. They didn't want to, but I insisted, not sure how I managed that.

I went from Harrison to Mercy Hospital in Springfield. I have absolutely NO complaints, except for the food. It was worse than I expected. And I expected horrible. I assume that's standard and not a legit reason to complain.

Land. I heard them ordering the helo and told them I preferred ground transportation. Apparently I had done well enough with my protocols that they eventually agreed. They didn't want to, but I insisted, not sure how I managed that.

I went from Harrison to Mercy Hospital in Springfield. I have absolutely NO complaints, except for the food. It was worse than I expected. And I expected horrible. I assume that's standard and not a legit reason to complain.

I kept saying no helo, no helo but they said ignored me because of the collapsed lung. Honestly, I didn't realize the extent of my injuries so my input wasn't that valuable anyway.

The food is bad so that you don't want to stay too long. I can't even remember the food at Cox. I lost a ton of weight if that's a sign.

Love hearing it was not worse and that fellow TWT folks went out of their way to help! :thumb: :clap:

Back