• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: Mini Moto/Hacks Camping ADV Ride 4/27-28

Do you plan to attend?

• Yes

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The current head count is five (one buddy attending isn't on here). I was hoping for a better turn out than that but I guess we will work with what we have haha.

My wife will be going with me on her own bike, so my one vote actually counts as two.
EDIT: Ok, she just voted.

Last edited:
I'm a route guy, so put these together for a suggestion, and for anyone who might want to use them.
Saturday: First leg is 76 miles to Bedias for quick break/top up. Second and third legs (two parts due to my Zumo XT limit) total 72 miles to Normangee for lunch/top up (anyone tried the Honey Brewed Cafe?). There is no way to accurately calculate travel time for a group, but Bedias would probably be too early for lunch, and Normangee might be a bit late. Not much other choices on the Cheeseburger though. Last leg is 30 miles to Marquez, just perfect to shake that lunch down, LOL.
Sunday: First leg is a short 36 miles for quick stop/top up in North Zulch. Second leg is another short one of 28 miles to Yankee's Tavern in Anderson for lunch. Maps shows there's a station there now, but there wasn't one the many moons ago that I last did this ride (thus the top up in North Zulch). Third leg is a short 20 miles to Anderson for possible quick stop/top up. Last leg is 31 miles back to Montgomery for end of ride.
Having never done this on a small bike, and with having my dirt-novice wife along, I figure shorter stints would be more agreeable as speeds will certainly be less than with the normal adventure bike.

GPX viewer
When going from Bedias to Normangee, if close to Iola, very good bbq there.

When at Yankees if needing gas 2 miles on 30 towards Bryan has gas.

When going from Bedias to Normangee, if close to Iola, very good bbq there.
If we were doing just the south loop, we would be, but with the combined route, we won't; great suggestion though!

When at Yankees if needing gas 2 miles on 30 towards Bryan has gas.
Good to know, thanks!

We have too many workplace and property clean up responsibilities to break away this weekend.
Thanks for organizing this small motorcycle ride. Sure sorry I can't tag along. :argh:

Be tough. Gotta pick up another member in S houston on the way and I’d still need to load up my bike prior

I am keeping an eye on the forecast, it's not looking so hot for Sunday at the moment. 80-95% chance of severe thunderstorms in both Marquez and Montgomery. We should see how this develops by tomorrow and make a decision on whether or not to proceed should this forecast worsen.

Yah, I'm seeing that too. I don't mind a little rain, but riding in a thunderstorm is not my cup of tea. If all agree, guess you could always shorten this to a Saturday, one-day ride if the forecast continues to look bad.

GPX viewer

Attachments

• 2024 Mini Moto-Short.gpx
    311.3 KB · Views: 10
Ok, but if so, you might want to make a decision soon. Several folks have hotels booked for Saturday (me included) so will need time to cancel. Mine can be done within 24hrs, so I'm good through midnight tonight.

Same here, I think I have to cancel my reservation by tomorrow afternoon. If the consensus is we should make it a day ride and just run the standard Cheeseburger Loop then I am ok making that decision now. Thoughts?

***First post has been updated to reflect the changes***

Well it's a 90% chance of Thunderstorms in the morning from Montgomery all the way up to Marquez for Sunday. Severe thunderstorms forecast for the entire area in the afternoon. I am going to make an executive decision here and go ahead and cancel the original two day ride and move this to a single day ride for Saturday only. We can run the official Cheeseburger Loop posted here and wrap it all in one day and we can shoot for a late lunch at Yankee's Tavern.

For those that have hotel reservations in Marquez I go ahead and cancel those now so that you aren't charged a full night or cancellation fee. This isn't the ride I had originally planned but it's a safe bet given the forecast and it'll still be a great ride, especially on little bikes. Should this change to the ride lead to your plans changing and you need to back out please let us know here. The same goes for anyone who would like to join us for the day now that it'll be a one day ride. I am looking forward to this and I'll see everyone Saturday morning.

Last edited:
I think it's a good call, and no worries; the wife and I are still in. I know what a **** putting these things together can be, so sure do appreciate the effort đź‘Ť

We'll be hitting a perfect window, LOL

1714132938326.png

Back