• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HILL COUNTRY Pandale 700

Hey @Pinktrek, @LlanoRiverMan, and @JJTex, do y'all have helmet comms? If so, what flavor? I have a Sena and a Cardo, I want to bring whichever one is most compatible

I have a Sena and would have no idea how to use it for comms. I am a simple play my Barry Manilow playlist and ride kind of guy. Joking of course, we can sync up if you can help set it up

I have a Sena and would have no idea how to use it for comms. I am a simple play my Barry Manilow playlist and ride kind of guy. Joking of course, we can sync up if you can help set it up
Setup is really easy, although certainly not necessary. I have found having comms to be very handy, however. I'll bring my Sena and we'll see if we think it is worth the effort.

We are one week out. The weather is generally forecasted to be cool (low in the 40s, highs in the 50s and 60s) and dry. Fingers crossed that the forecast holds or improves.

Last edited:
Anyone….feel free to add me to their group…please. 1250GSA I will be riding up early morning to dripping springs from Houston. Also It looks like the Sena App makes it easy to add to your comm group….I have never used it but i did update my app, and firmware. Looks like you are able to scan or share like a barcode to each other?

Anyone….feel free to add me to their group…please. 1250GSA I will be riding up early morning to dripping springs from Houston. Also It looks like the Sena App makes it easy to add to your comm group….I have never used it but i did update my app, and firmware. Looks like you are able to scan or share like a barcode to each other?
Yes, bluetooth pairing via the app is incredibly easy - simply scan the other rider's QR code and you are paired. It works amazingly well. If you have a 50, mesh intercom works automatically and doesn't require pairing.

I'm planning on joining @Pinktrek, @LlanoRiverMan, and @JJTex at the Comfort @Chevron US87 & I10 at 1000 on Friday. @gixxerjasen and @peterm5365 seem like they're looking to make a group as well. It seems like you have options.

Hey! Late entry, but plans changed and we're in town for Thanksgiving and thus I'm able to make it. I'll be riding a Tiger 900 RP and have a Sena with open mesh.

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone and I'll see you guys soon!

It’s gonna be a cold son of a b Friday morning 🥶

It’s gonna be a cold son of a b Friday morning 🥶
Yes, it's going to be brisk.

Weather decision time: a week ago the forecast was looking grim. Rain on Saturday and Sunday with highs forecasted to be only in the 40s on Sunday. Today, the forecast looks much better. I have Buda, Del Rio, Junction, and Llano on my weather app and all three have similar forecasts - lows in the 40s, highs in the (low) 60s, no rain.

We can handle that with a little cold weather gear!

So, this ride is a go.

Looks like there is a remote chance we might get a little wet Saturday afternoon.
This is for Junction...........
1700666221750.png

Actually with 7 low water crossings late that afternoon, chances may be a bit higher than 'remote'.

Riders,

I am planning on having dinner at the Sirloin Stockade in Del Rio on Friday evening. It's next door to the Day's Inn, which is quite convenient.

I am planning on having dinner at the Cowboy Grill in Junction on Saturday evening. It's a short walk from the Rodeway Inn.

I am inviting all riders to join me for dinner both evenings at 6 pm. Of course, that means we will need to arrive in both Del Rio and Junction no later than 5 pm each day so that we can check in, get unpacked, and then walk over to the restaurant of the evening. If we get delayed, then we will adjust accordingly.

Riders,

I am planning on having dinner at the Sirloin Stockade in Del Rio on Friday evening. It's next door to the Day's Inn, which is quite convenient.

I am planning on having dinner at the Cowboy Grill in Junction on Saturday evening. It's a short walk from the Rodeway Inn.

I am inviting all riders to join me for dinner both evenings at 6 pm. Of course, that means we will need to arrive in both Del Rio and Junction no later than 5 pm each day so that we can check in, get unpacked, and then walk over to the restaurant of the evening. If we get delayed, then we will adjust accordingly.
Bueno! Thanks for the heads up.

Not feeling well today so I won’t make it out tomorrow. Have fun and ride safe everyone.

Back