• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Prayers for Poser

Glad you are home with your family now, Prayers sent your way, heal fast young Man, this makes me want to go back to trail riding and forget the street.

Jason,

Glad that you are back at home and with your family. Take it slow and heal up. What's the status of the FZ?

I know you are doing better at home, family is good for healing. Crashing sucks.
I have a recently wasted blue FZ thanks to a deer incident, maybe some evaluate and fix-em-up day is in order when we get back up to speed.
Good wishes and happy healing whatever your riding future brings.

the rash is healing really well, and hip feels good. being home has been great. though it kills me not being able to rough house with my son.

I know you are doing better at home, family is good for healing. Crashing sucks.
I have a recently wasted blue FZ thanks to a deer incident, maybe some evaluate and fix-em-up day is in order when we get back up to speed.
Good wishes and happy healing whatever your riding future brings.

yikes! do you at least get to eat bambi?
i'm thinking mine will be going up for sale once i'm confident in the brakes.

Man I get busy for a while and dont check in and this is what I see when I first get online. Good luck on the recovery poser. My 2 cents take it really really slow no matter how good you think you are healing.
I didnt say anything on hear but last summer I got busted up pretty good, 8 broken ribs, crushed clavical--plate and lots of screws, colapsed lung and a nasty concussion. Yes it is real hard on the wife. Mine was a real trooper and sounds like yours was also. I was in gear on dirt. I had several setbacks thinking I was healed up ok and rode, finally after a few lectures on age and healing from doc I slowed down and have healed pretty much. I can still feal the plate when I ride. I have started back my workouts full force and I am getting closer to my proper weight and conditioning.
Good luck and hope you have a full recovery.

the rash is healing really well, and hip feels good. being home has been great. though it kills me not being able to rough house with my son.
I hear ya there. My wife just had back surgery. The most painful part of it all hasn't been her back or the incision in her abdomen, it's the fact that she can't pick up our little boy for six weeks. It's killing her, and he's none too happy about it.

Hope you're healing up. Glad to see you're (mostly) in one piece.

yikes! do you at least get to eat bambi?
i'm thinking mine will be going up for sale once i'm confident in the brakes.

Was not prepared to harvest wildlife so no. Lucky to get off that hill alive.
If you need some FZ help later we'll be here. Get better Bro.

I've been just scanning the forums and I just saw this. I'm glad you're OK. Hope you heal well and fast,

update:
Just got back from my follow up with the surgeon. He seemed surprised and impressed with how well the rash was healing.
Got a real cast on the thumb, which should come off along with the pins in 3 weeks or so.
In 4 to 5 week I'll be able to start putting weight on the hip slowly, and maybe some therapy.
Likely out of work for another 10 weeks.

A few pics...

My orange cast. I'm going to have someone draw KTM on it for me :)

IMG00951-L.jpg

My hardware...

IMG00948-L.jpg

WARNING: Thee next few are linked because they may be a little graphic. And kids ALWAYS wear your gear, even if you're just going "around the block"

http://thebohacpage.smugmug.com/Motorcycle-Stuff/The-Crash-of-2011/i-5f8fx6W/0/L/IMG00934-L.jpg

http://thebohacpage.smugmug.com/Motorcycle-Stuff/The-Crash-of-2011/i-wS69RDm/0/L/IMG00933-L.jpg

http://thebohacpage.smugmug.com/Motorcycle-Stuff/The-Crash-of-2011/i-Hc5zNJ8/0/L/IMG00950-L.jpg

Wow, it's cool that they put in a zipper along with the pins. Easy access for the next service interval.

Wow, it's cool that they put in a zipper along with the pins. Easy access for the next service interval.

yeah I thought the zipper was cool :lol2:
I also had to do some *cough* editing to make it forum legal :eek2:

Jason, just came across this. It does sound like you were very lucky. One thing on your side is your youth/fitness. After reading some of the posts, it shows accidents can occur on the street and on dirt. I am a therapist, so was interested to read that it sounds like you are completely non weight bearing. Not even toe touch?
I wish you the very best in your recovery! If I were your wife, this would have shaken me up as well ;)

Toe touch for balance only but no weight.

Wow, I go off into the weeds for a month or so and stuff like this happens. Luckily my wife never reads the forum or attends Wednesday night bike nights. She already hates motorcycles enough without hearing about this.

Years ago, after being bikeless for a few years, I told her I was looking at bikes again. Hinting it would be a great gift idea for my 40th birthday. She told me she hated motorcycles and just wanted to be able to grow old with me. I told her that was fine, but I didn't want to sit around waiting on it to happen.

I received two new sports coats for my 40th birthday. I bought a new bike a couple years later.

When you get ready to take a ride on the street again give me a shout. You can borrow my GS and my Aerostitch.

I've been doing some research on hip fractures online, and there's not a lot out there for this type of injury in my age bracket.
One report I found lists three age groups: <64, 65 - 85, >85 :lol2:

And statistically, there's a good chance I'm going to die in a year or two. :eek2:

Then you had better make the next 2 years count!! Get out on that dirt bike ASAP!! and have some fun. :rider:

Gary

as soon as the doc says "go for it" I'm on it :rider:

Back