• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SHNF Trail Status

Was a good ride today. 5 riders with a mix of riding ability. Plus a lot more people on the trails then I've seen in a while.

Was a good ride today. 5 riders with a mix of riding ability. Plus a lot more people on the trails then I've seen in a while.
Yea I was out and about, hitting the trails I like and all the roads. Eastside was a zoo. Basically nowhere to park.

Attachments

• 20221228_144627.jpg
    20221228_144627.jpg
    485.2 KB · Views: 68
Short version: If the trails are closed, is the entire place a muddy mess? I realize that might be a yesnomaybe question.

Long version: My wrist isn’t quite up to Zar’s riding yet, I’m doing the Cabin Fever Shuffle, I know the trails are closed at SHNF, got almost packed to go over there this morning and just ride the forest roads, etc. Then it dawned on me the entire place might be mud.

I’ve bicycled, camped and hiked there, but never ridden a motorcycle. Plus I haven't been there in 7 years or so.

Short version: If the trails are closed, is the entire place a muddy mess? I realize that might be a yesnomaybe question.

Long version: My wrist isn’t quite up to Zar’s riding yet, I’m doing the Cabin Fever Shuffle, I know the trails are closed at SHNF, got almost packed to go over there this morning and just ride the forest roads, etc. Then it dawned on me the entire place might be mud.

I’ve bicycled, camped and hiked there, but never ridden a motorcycle. Plus I haven't been there in 7 years or so.
Roads will be fine, most trails would be. I wouldn't risk getting caught on the trails. If you're plated go enjoy the FS roads. Plus some dead-end hunter roads are open that are usually closed, equals more exploring.

Thanks. That's exactly the info I was looking for. Both my bikes have spark arrestors and OHV stickers, 1 bike is plated.

If the trails are closed you won't find me on them; I'm one of those rule-followers.

I usually like to get where I'm going on Tues or Wed so this week is blown. I may try for next week.

Hi all. Just got word from the FS that the Multi-use Trails are reopened. All the usual spots are still wet. Hopefully Saturday doesn't bring a lot of rain.
@DonS

New rear tire. Motoz Tractionator Adventure.
Just mounted one last week - on my T7. Ridden about 300 miles, mix of pavement, gravel, dirt, including some single track. Great tire, although not as good as the Rallz but hope it will last longer. Have the Dual Venture front, what did you pair it with?

New rear tire. Motoz Tractionator Adventure.

How many miles did it last for?

Just mounted one last week - on my T7. Ridden about 300 miles, mix of pavement, gravel, dirt, including some single track. Great tire, although not as good as the Rallz but hope it will last longer. Have the Dual Venture front, what did you pair it with?

I have an adventure rear and dual venture front in my garage as my next set of tires for the Twin. I'll be interested to hear how that works for you.

I have the Tractionator Adventure in the front but will try the Dual Venture when it wears out.

You want to go ride Friday? The T7 should take less dirt naps with the new rear tire.

Yes sir. I'm up for a big bike ride. Just let me know when and where. I put a tractionator rallz on the rear last week. My TKC 80 was starting to chunk a bit.

For anyone going out, trails are open and ridable. But definitely wetter than I expected. Just saying! I rode Eastside Thursday.

For anyone going out, trails are open and ridable. But definitely wetter than I expected. Just saying! I rode Eastside Thursday.

Yep. Shift_wr250r and I rode west side out of KP today. Was much wetter than I expected. Still had loads of fun. Just had to be a little more careful in some of the wet places.

Back