• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What did you do in the garage today?

Nice bike... Was it the fronk or bigger motor that made you make the move???
As a concerned person with a CB500X...
🤔
well, the frunk is really really handy (won't fit my shoei neotec 2) , 10 more hp is nice but it also makes almost as much torque as the transalp and it does it at 4700rpm
twist the gas and its a electric surge. but mainly because I was cursed with short legs and was tippy toes on the 500x, I loved mine it was rock solid very nimble but when you get into a position of needing to pas something doing 60 in a 70 zone you needed to plan it out. I have already tested the nc750x and twisting it on a 18 wheeler and from back of the truck to the front picked up 30mph. that torque makes it feel like more than 58hp.

Great progress in the garage, with finally most of the floor uncovered by crap and same for the benches.
I had a pile of things to go in the garage attic's new storage spots, and when I moved the hatch cover, FWOOOOSH! Down came the blast of heat!
It's only March and that insulation work is paying off!! :sun:

FINALLY...... got the new shelf idea mostly up in the garage. Those are 50+ year old scaffold boards that Dad and his brothers used for bricklaying, before they quit that in 1970. They were in the Iowa garage rafters until 2018.

DSCN9942.JPG

I have long wanted to display his old tools and stuff, but there's nowhere to do so in this glorified shotgun shack. So this inspiration while tearing out the old drywall was a real nice buzz.

Those ancient boards are likely ugly to most, but they're beautiful to me. A great man once walked upon them.

DSCN9943.JPG

Yes, those are heavy brackets and lag bolts sunk to studs.

Those arnt antiques , those are tools i use regularly , pipe wrenches and pipe cutter arnt daily tools but i dont need to look far when i need one , and i have pipe wrenches up to 48 inch , i bent the handle on it several years ago , had to get rough with it .

I'm proud for you Dave. That's great display.

What do we need to do to help you get better pictures posted?

It's got a long way to go. I just couldn't resist putting the easy to access stuff up there to get the ball rolling.
And I can get my car in the garage again!!

It was dark in the garage, I just needed to turn on some lights. I'll fix that next time.
Whenever that is. I don't have a day off until the last week of the month.

Whenever that is. I don't have a day off until the last week of the month.
After the past few years I'd say that's a "very good thing"! :-)

Rake it in while you can. I used to rag on my son for not taking all the overtime he could get, but he was more interested in sitting on the couch and playing video games.

I have NO intention of having my somewhat modern tool box or an ugly plastic shelf anywhere near my tribute wall of happy!
But, things have to move from the other side for now, so progress can start over there.
The shelf height was set by wanting it just a tic higher than my car, in case I needed to tuck it in close to the wall now and then. A total guess.
I looked at the tool box and went..... uhhhhh.......

DSCN9949.JPG

That is a total accident!!! I can not PLAN things that close!! LOL!!! Dad could, and I think he might have influenced bracket placement a bit. 😍

TOO FUNNY!!!!

DSCN9947.JPG

Greased the steering linkage and front driveshaft CV Pivot. Also swapped on the MTs for a 4 night trip to the Ouachitas with the kids. Then took the YJ and picked up something to add to the garage. Again, for the kids lol. An old Suzuki JR50.

429589696_10232935461954922_8051892651242080337_n.jpg

Not just today's work, but today I finally got everything done enough to do a proper trip with my kiddos in the camping trailer I've built for them. It started as an M1102, and besides the solar panels for roof, the AC unit, and a bit of white paint on the exterior, she's done.

20240307_114031.jpg

20240307_120145.jpg

20240307_120032.jpg

20240306_161224.jpg

20240306_161245.jpg

20240305_121630.jpg

20240305_115050.jpg

20240301_180901.jpg

I took a 2nd (this time successful) shot at installing a radiator guard on the Tracer. The first attempt found the right side guard tab blocked by a bracket on the radiator that secures an electronics cable.
IMG_4211.jpeg

There was no way to get around it and I’m not modifying anything on the bike to fit a $100 part.

My solution was to do some DIY garage engineering and saw off the guard tab
IMG_4228.jpeg
file it smooth and use zip ties to secure that side. It now fits securely in place.
IMG_4232.jpeg

Not a big job, but a satisfying one.

Last edited:
I recently pick up a used Kendon Single Ride up folding trailer. I want to also use this as sort of a mini-utility trailer so I fabricated up some removable rails. I decided to do the rails in 2 sections rather than one complete section to make removeable easier when no helpers are available. I still need to paint the rails to match but I think it will work out well.

1710176442952.png

1710176492723.png

1710176545968.png

Back