• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What did you do in the garage today?

Yesterday: Installed a Mako 360 bar mount on my Husky FE501, hope this takes some of the vibes out. Will test ride soon. Also did the once a year oil change on my fast car. Cleaned up the garage.

IMG_8368.JPG

Last edited:
What is it? That's the problem in the shop I work at, NO airflow!
I ordered tese little remote control ceiling fans from Amazon. Seems like I paid very little for them on sale at half price!!

Wasn't sure what the quality would be so just ordered two. So far, I LOVE them!!

Attachments

• 20240317_161135.jpg
    20240317_161135.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 13
It is Best Buy Auto. Made by Tuxedo Auto Equipment in Alvarado, I think. Cost was right at $2K for a 1500 # capacity including side extenders and front wheel vice. I probably spent another $400 for stuff to lift it off of my trailer.

Drained the radiator on the E30. That's it, all I could muster after another brutal work week.
I'll TRY and actually swap the radiator tomorrow.

Decided to share this one. Got this while rebuilding the nose gear assembly on the 150.

I can't see with my left eye due to retina damage ans a cataract. I have surgery this coming Thursday to fix a retina bleed, then cataract surgery the following Thursday.

Didn't see the prop tip after Jerry rotated it, and got a good reminder it was right there!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240317_212244_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240317_212244_Gallery.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 21
Ouch!

Daughter bought her first street bike. We got one quick ride in before I gave it a good once over. Now we are learning about proper maintenance.

Attachments

• IMG_4297.jpeg
    IMG_4297.jpeg
    311.6 KB · Views: 45
Decided to share this one. Got this while rebuilding the nose gear assembly on the 150.

I can't see with my left eye due to retina damage ans a cataract. I have surgery this coming Thursday to fix a retina bleed, then cataract surgery the following Thursday.

Didn't see the prop tip after Jerry rotated it, and got a good reminder it was right there!!
Wow. Glad it's not worse than that.

Finished up the lift this morning. Man, it was heavy. Looked too scary to ride a motorcycle up there. ;-)

Don't see no motorcycle on there....

Ouch!

Daughter bought her first street bike. We got one quick ride in before I gave it a good once over. Now we are learning about proper maintenance.

Nice looks like a proper maintenance activity in progress!

So, slow rainy & cold day in the shed...
Installed Mosko heat shield on the muffler also got the Garmin GPS brkt. and wiring done... Fabbed up light weight plastic cutting board plate back up and managed a load of laundry...
Should be able to move along with the powder coating this weekend🙄...
Shed Engineering 😎

20240318_135836.jpg

20240318_135917.jpg

I’ve been resurrecting a beat down old KLR. Today I finally rolled it off the lift and put a few miles on it. Everything seems good so far.

IMG_8117.jpeg

IMG_8116.jpeg

Now I’ll put it back on the lift for a thorough check over front-to-rear to make sure no problems surfaced on the initial ride.

I’ve been resurrecting a beat down old KLR. Today I finally rolled it off the lift and put a few miles on it. Everything seems good so far.

View attachment 376957

View attachment 376958

Now I’ll put it back on the lift for a thorough check over front-to-rear to make sure no problems surfaced on the initial ride.
What technique did you use on the plastic. Looks great.

Back