• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What did you do in the garage today?

I recently pick up a used Kendon Single Ride up folding trailer. I want to also use this as sort of a mini-utility trailer so I fabricated up some removable rails. I decided to do the rails in 2 sections rather than one complete section to make removeable easier when no helpers are available. I still need to paint the rails to match but I think it will work out well.

View attachment 376192

View attachment 376193

View attachment 376194
Cool project! BTW, how ya liken your 230?

Cool project! BTW, how ya liken your 230?
I love it! It's a beast of a machine with a great duty cycle. I bought in 2019 and I'm still on the original tip and nozzle too. It typically gets used for at least a couple of hours each weekend. All of my welding/plasma gear is 220v.

I love it! It's a beast of a machine with a great duty cycle. I bought in 2019 and I'm still on the original tip and nozzle too. It typically gets used for at least a couple of hours each weekend. All of my welding/plasma gear is 220v.
Have the same setup, bought it from Cagiva 549. Yep, my TIG, MIG and plasma are all 240 except a 120 MIG I keep up at the lake for small jobs.

Today's project new to me TW200...
Known problem with speedo, disassembled that found some wiring that needed shrink wrap... Some headlight brkts in need of powder coating, while we're there replace headlight with better quality halogen bulb  and bucket...
Noticed rear fender matte black, front fender gloss black can't roll like that... Stripped the paint off... Fender bracket and rear rack needs some love also... Installed rivet nuts and drilled fender for well nuts
Just because it isn't broke doesn't mean you can't fix it...
OCD is a female 🐕...
Standing By 😎

20240311_164757.jpg

20240311_171145.jpg

Been SUPER busy at E30 lately!! Rebuilt the entire nose gear/strut assy of the C150 due excessive wear causing a shake during braking!!

Installed a 1/2" PVC air line across the hangar, after moving 3 work benches and pretty much everything else......

Start tomorrow on wiring in new electrical for the relocated workbenches, after I complete the air system!

Rewelded the hangar door tracks on the east hangar.

Also washed the AT 502 Sunday!

Attachments

• 20240304_183318.jpg
    20240304_183318.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 20240310_102007.jpg
    20240310_102007.jpg
    281.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 20240310_102630.jpg
    20240310_102630.jpg
    378.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 20240310_123355.jpg
    20240310_123355.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 23
  • 20240308_110101.jpg
    20240308_110101.jpg
    432.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 20240310_141137.jpg
    20240310_141137.jpg
    306.9 KB · Views: 23
Today's project new to me TW200...
Known problem with speedo, disassembled that found some wiring that needed shrink wrap... Some headlight brkts in need of powder coating, while we're there replace headlight with better quality halogen bulb  and bucket...
Noticed rear fender matte black, front fender gloss black can't roll like that... Stripped the paint off... Fender bracket and rear rack needs some love also... Installed rivet nuts and drilled fender for well nuts
Just because it isn't broke doesn't mean you can't fix it...
OCD is a female 🐕...
Standing By 😎

View attachment 376208

View attachment 376209
The brass hose barb on the gas tank could be an ouchie in a tank slapper. Maybe use a nylon/viton replacement and/or a barb angled 180 degrees away from the rider.

I finally upgraded to a proper dirt bike tire changer that will help with mousse changes. Trial run was tonight and it does make it quite a bit easier. I will say, this thing was packed better than any other piece of garage kit that I have ever bought. And it will never be that nice again! LOL

IMG_5557.jpeg

IMG_5558.jpeg

IMG_5553.jpeg

IMG_5554.jpeg

Tonight I finally didn't work late enough to stop me from working on the KTM. I got the new chain cut to length, got the new sprockets installed, put the wheel back on, set the chain slack, and tightened up the rear axle. Then and only then when I was spinning the wheel, did I notice that the bearings are on their way out. :( So now parts are ordered and back apart she comes. :shrug: :lol2:

Tonight I finally didn't work late enough to stop me from working on the KTM. I got the new chain cut to length, got the new sprockets installed, put the wheel back on, set the chain slack, and tightened up the rear axle. Then and only then when I was spinning the wheel, did I notice that the bearings are on their way out. :( So now parts are ordered and back apart she comes. :shrug: :lol2:

When it rains, it pours. LOL. I am piecing together some stuff on the Duke 690, I keep finding little stuff to deal with as I go, I feel your pain, sir. Yesterday, I discovered the rear aluminum sprocket is past it's use by date, so to speak. The rear was up six teeth from stock. So I took the gentleman's way out and ordered one down, two up with Superlite steel sprockets from Sprocket Center with my beloved RK chain. Hopefully I will get the parts I need to get her inspected today and then we can move forward with blasting her around the twisty roads.

When it rains, it pours. LOL. I am piecing together some stuff on the Duke 690, I keep finding little stuff to deal with as I go, I feel your pain, sir. Yesterday, I discovered the rear aluminum sprocket is past it's use by date, so to speak. The rear was up six teeth from stock. So I took the gentleman's way out and ordered one down, two up with Superlite steel sprockets from Sprocket Center with my beloved RK chain. Hopefully I will get the parts I need to get her inspected today and then we can move forward with blasting her around the twisty roads.
I did SuperSpox and my beloved DID x-ring chain for this dirt bike. Probably the most money I've ever spent on a chain and sprocket set for a dirt bike... :giveup:

Started on getting a lift in the shop. Picked up in the rain this morning. Unload and setup tomorrow. Hopefully I've done my last laying in the floor oil change. The motorcycles aren't that bad, but the v-twin zero turn is a bear.

I am thinking of building a jig to hold my zero turn on my car lift. Wouldn't that be sweet? I do have a trike adapter for my B.O.B. lift, so I could try that for the zero turn....hmmmm

I am thinking of building a jig to hold my zero turn on my car lift. Wouldn't that be sweet? I do have a trike adapter for my B.O.B. lift, so I could try that for the zero turn....hmmmm
on my scag, floor jack works good for blade changes etc.

I have used the tractor front end loader and some chains to pick the whole thing up before

I have a lift for zero turns I use when messing with blades. mine was designed to have its oil changed and has a neat drain hose that perfectly goes over the edge and the filter is easy to reach.
fitted a windscreen mount for GPS device on new bike.
IMG_7391.JPG

IMG_7392.JPG

IMG_7393.JPG

Started on getting a lift in the shop. Picked up in the rain this morning. Unload and setup tomorrow. Hopefully I've done my last laying in the floor oil change. The motorcycles aren't that bad, but the v-twin zero turn is a bear.
View attachment 376619
I went for decades without a lift. Got a HF model last year ad now I’m wondering how I ever made it without one.

Did some work on the new-to-me DR200. Added a USB charger, new grips and a tail tidy. The throttle grip was a bear to get off. Ended up removing the throttle tube and putting a wire wheel on it to strip the grip off. Suzuki def doesn’t want those to be removed. The other side was real easy. As for the tail tidy, I’m finding there’s not a lot of aftermarket for the baby DR. I ended up with a kit for a DRZ400 that needed minimal modification to work. Next I need to see about a rear rack.

3C300E41-E909-4B71-8758-8679097130AE.jpeg

2A594BC4-E866-4730-9244-837181886FE0.jpeg

busy day today, performed break in service, nearly had to use cutting torch to get the primary filter off, no clue what Honda is thinking using impact to install the oil filter and dry at that. the secondary filter was piece of cake. adjusted and lubed the chain, installed the center stand, easy when you know the trick. also installed frunk light so I can see what's in there in the dark and also installed 1X1 riser/pull back for bars.

Attachments

• IMG_7396.JPG
    IMG_7396.JPG
    294.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_7398.JPG
    IMG_7398.JPG
    481.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_7399.JPG
    IMG_7399.JPG
    289.1 KB · Views: 19
Finished installing the little 23" ceiling fan in the pilot lounge! Even on the lowest setting, this tiny fan moves LOTS of air!!

I ordered 2 of these and will install the second one in my home shop!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240317_061521_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240317_061521_Gallery.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 24
Back