• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What did you do in the garage today?

The finished product of turning the Kendon into a utility trailer with removable rails. We drove to El Paso last week (drove in rain from outside of Weatherford to Midland) and the trailer functioned perfectly. It tracks along a 90mph as straight as an arrow.
1711372612473.png

1711372580652.png

Hasn't been time to do anything beyond look and imagine at the tribute wall in the garage on the way in and out of the house for weeks.
Funny, on the first full day off, a critical image the post office had lost for over a week showed up.

I think this is taking shape nicely.

DSCN9989.JPG

DSCN9999.JPG

DSCN9992.JPG

DSCN9994.JPG

DSCN9995.JPG

DSCN9996.JPG

Not a tool, you say? Dad ran the company with this adding machine and pencil spreadsheets. It still works and you can still read the print on the paper!

DSCN9997.JPG

And tools of relaxation. There's a picture of me somewhere sitting on that boat cushion around 1959.

DSCN9998.JPG

And just for Brian, here's the LaserDave obligatory out of focus picture for today.

DSCN9993.JPG

Feels really good to get to this point, although I don't think it will ever be done evolving.
Case in point, this last edition that will surely change for the better.

DSCN0001.JPG

Thanks Dad.

Hasn't been time to do anything beyond look and imagine at the tribute wall in the garage on the way in and out of the house for weeks.
Funny, on the first full day off, a critical image the post office had lost for over a week showed up.

I think this is taking shape nicely.

View attachment 377295

View attachment 377296

View attachment 377297

View attachment 377299

View attachment 377300

View attachment 377301

Not a tool, you say? Dad ran the company with this adding machine and pencil spreadsheets. It still works and you can still read the print on the paper!

View attachment 377302

And tools of relaxation. There's a picture of me somewhere sitting on that boat cushion around 1959.

View attachment 377303

And just for Brian, here's the LaserDave obligatory out of focus picture for today.

View attachment 377304

Feels really good to get to this point, although I don't think it will ever be done evolving.
Case in point, this last edition that will surely change for the better.

View attachment 377305

Thanks Dad.
Awesome bit of nostalgia.

I drive old stuff. My wife says I’m eccentric.

Anyway, doing some HVAC work on my truck and also installing a nice dash that I pulled from a salvage yard “up north” where their stuff rusts away before the sun kills it. It’s hard to find a mint condition dash for these old trucks in Texas.

IMG_8165.jpeg

I see the forum software is doing that rotate it sideways thing to my pictures again.

To this day, I have not heard a valid explanation of why the telephone keypad is "upside-down" as compared to the calculator number pad....
All of my calcs have been the same as a phone since the 70s. 0 at the bottom for the phone and 0 at the bottom for my HP-31E and 11C plus any TI graphing calc I've ever had.

Serviced my beater truck today , only ran 11,000 miles on that service , i did have to add a gallon of oil a few weeks ago . Not bad for a 416,000 mile motor . The dipstick goes into the side of the oil pan below the block , there is a o ring on a mounting flange inside the pan and a nut outside the pan to squeeze everything together . I have been fighting this leak since i bought the truck 13 years ago , ford says to pull the motor , remove the pan and replace the o ring from the inside , not happening . Guess i need to deal with it after the dodge gets back on the road . I have tightened the nut several times over the years and it stays dry for a while , last time was november and it was clean till a month ago when i noticed a drip on the ground . It can be changed in the truck but its a pain , whole lot less than doing it the way the book says to though . I worked on a fleet of IH trucks many years ago and replaced almost all of them with viton o rings and never saw them again . Guess its time to take care of my stuff .

WELL DONE SIR...

Still trying to figure out what recto-cranial infarction caused that oopsie.

Anyway, that dirty old flag does in fact tie into the display theme, as it was given to me by Dad's brother after they quit building. Joe bought a small farm, and he and Mom's sister (yep, double cousins) became winter Texans. They always brought back little gifts, although the ones we liked best were the valley grapefruit bags. So the flag was given to me in the early 70's. Little did I know........

I got lucky and scored a real deal on some used, but new, panniers last week on Marketplace.

IMG_8192.jpeg

So I got some mounting racks for them from Rockymountain ATV. Got those installed today.

IMG_8191.jpeg

Now to mount the boxes to the racks. I’ll wait till I have some help to do that so I get them positioned well for drilling the holes.

The replacement opener on the garage door only has one light facing the door. Once you pull forward of that and turn off the headlights at night, it's mighty dark in there! Got a socket plug and hung one of the uber cheap and bright led lights next to it. Boom!
Crao-O-Camera thinks it's being aimed at the sun.

DSCN0009.JPG

Performed one of my semiannual purgings on the garage. I still need to get into the attic and do some work up there. Just from the main floor of the garage I got about half my M416 trailer worth of stuff to toss into the recycling dumpster.

I replaced that wheel bearing hub last week, because I thought I heard a dry bearing sound from passenger front. The expensive FAG unit I put on 6-7 years ago didn't look bad, but needed repacked. And whaddya know... the sound is still there. :doh: So maybe it's the other side, or the carrier bearing, or.....
Anyway, the old FAG's are way better then the new ChiComCrap, so I tool it apart, gave it a few cycles in the ultrasonic hot tub with Dawn, lubed it up and will put it back on the car this weekend.

DSCN0011.JPG

DSCN0012.JPG

Shoot, I would have liked a few cycles in the hot tub with Dawn (Wells) myself! :-P

th-2396178196.jpg

Back