• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What Happened in Pee Paw's Scooter Shop Today?

It's the weekend!?
I found a 2017 KTM 690 Duke that has been up on Marketplace for over 27 weeks. It has aftermarket fork cartridges, a Penske Triple Clicker rear shock, full exhaust, pc5 and other bits. Made an offer and will probably get it in a week. Too tired this week. Sweet little scooter should be fun, will race it around with the Vitpilen...

1709389028083.png

I found a 2017 KTM 690 Duke that has been up on Marketplace for over 27 weeks. It has aftermarket fork cartridges, a Penske Triple Clicker rear shock, full exhaust, pc5 and other bits. Made an offer and will probably get it in a week. Too tired this week. Sweet little scooter should be fun, will race it around with the Vitpilen...
Sweet. Looks fun.

ATTENTION ON THE DECK
That's why I started the line at 3:12AM...
Snooze and you loose 🫣...
DIBS DIBS DIBS DIBS
CARRY ON 😎
The line started earlier in the week. Special insider access. :D

If you have a higher bid, you might be able to jump in line. Apparently, what I offered was considered "Low low low balling," but Doug being Doug, has been known to let a bike go for pennies on the dollar from time to time, so you can't blame a guy for trying. :D

Probably the SV650S, but she seems to have some mild fueling issues, so I will pull the pump, clean everything and the tank, then put it all together. However before I try that I will pump as much gas as I can out of her, and see if the issue resolves itself with more fresh gas. She starves on top a bit, but I hadn't really leaned on her until today, so we shall see. I have only done about 90 miles on her, so there could still be lots of old gas in there and she stinks when she runs so it needs to be cleaned out of there.

I might just pull out the fuel pump to clean everything nicely and be sure there is no water in the gas. The cap has some odd corrosion on it as well, so another side adventure. I do have an old friend who is eyeballing it for his grandson so he can ride along with him. So, that one is spoken for unless something changes. Plus Jasen, Pete would probably pay asking price and come pick it up. So there's that...

. Plus Jasen, Pete would probably pay asking price and come pick it up. So there's that...
Okay now its been outed...
I've been waiting & trying for a certain scooter to come up in the rotation... The grandkids card has been played on that one sooooo...
As a wise man once said several times... "Now for the the rest of the story"...
Road trip to finally get my very own TW200...👍
Staying Humble😎

Road trip to finally get my very own TW200...👍
That one I'd pay asking price for and would come and get it most likely, depending on timing. Sadly, I've been given the backstory that this one isn't going on the chopping block for a long long time. It's the bike his granddaughter rides. And likely the younger ones in future years. We'll be waiting a while for that one, might as well play the market instead.

Well the SV ride revealed some fueling issues, got to the bottom of them. The fuel pump is dying, not a good thing, the pump has been changed once and the filter was a cheap one and split. So if you whack her full throttle she can't pump enough gas. I ordered a new fuel pump from Suzuki for....$777.16. That is a little more than half of what I have in the bike. So, I will have her fixed up soon. The tank looks mostly ok, I will used some evaporust on her and fill her with some ethanol free fuel soon just to get poo out of the tank.

IMG_3941(1).JPG

IMG_3942(1).JPG

IMG_3943(1).JPG

IMG_3945(1).JPG

IMG_3946(1).JPG

Back