• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Who rode in today?

Of course I'm riding to work. It's the only riding I'm doing...9 miles per day. Keeps me sane at least. I need to get out more.
I'm in the same rut. I've only gone on one ride that wasn't work or errand related lately! I get about 13 miles a day commuting. Definitely need to get out, but can't right now.

Had to go to Eureka Springs for work, about 110 miles around the lake.
Strange day of riding, new bike speedometer showed a 71.3 mpg average when I left, and 72.1 mpg average when I got home! That’s different! 👍🏻

IMG_2349.jpeg

Had to go to Eureka Springs for work, about 110 miles around the lake.
Strange day of riding, new bike speedometer showed a 71.3 mpg average when I left, and 72.1 mpg average when I got home! That’s different! 👍🏻
Excellent riding areas, anywhere around there. I commute back and forth between Texas and Illinois several times per year, Eureka Springs and all of NW Arkansas and southern Missouri are on path just about every time.

No pictures but rode into work today. My kind of Temps, 73 this morning and 81 this afternoon.

My wife and I are on a 4 day ride down in the hill country. All paved roads. Temps have been perfect. We've had some strong winds and some rain but so far so good. Head home tomorrow.

My wife and I are on a 4 day ride down in the hill country. All paved roads. Temps have been perfect. We've had some strong winds and some rain but so far so good. Head home tomorrow.
Yep, the wind is crazy! Glad you're having a good ride.

Kind of a bum day for finding lots, one I looked was near a methhouse and another was down a very poorly maintained muddy road. But, I did get to ride there and back. At least 10 water crossings today. Scenic overlook is north of Berryville.
Thankful for every day. 155 miles today, NE of Eureka Springs.

IMG_2363.jpeg

IMG_2364.jpeg

IMG_2365.jpeg

IMG_2366.jpeg

IMG_2367.jpeg

IMG_2369.jpeg

Kind of a bum day for finding lots, one I looked was near a methhouse and another was down a very poorly maintained muddy road. But, I did get to ride there and back. At least 10 water crossings today. Scenic overlook is north of Berryville.
Thankful for every day. 155 miles today, NE of Eureka Springs.
I think I need to come up there and ride soon. Such beautiful country.

Thought I'd just float in today.

My front pond and front pasture are now one and the same. Cypress has had over 5 inches of rain in 36 hours ... we even had hail around 4 this morning.

Guess riding will have to wait for another day.

20240503_090851.jpg

Saw a guy riding in the rain this morning. Really nice bike too, with what looks like custom paint job and lots of chrome. I admire his persistence, but that's a hard no for me.

Another nice day after storms overnight. I’m sorry y’all are getting the (feast) of rain all at once! We’ve got potential flooding coming next couple of day….we’ll see what happens!
So about 110 easy miles today, getting checks to the bank and moving papers at the office. Closing in on a 1000 miles on the 300.
I bet that old barn has seen a thing or three!
IMG_2372.jpeg

IMG_2373.jpeg

IMG_2374.jpeg

IMG_2376.jpeg

Gorgeous @Gravel Guy! I'll be up there in a couple weeks for the Rally at the Rock the Razorback Riders are putting on. I'm really looking forward to it. You're not going to be there by chance, are you?

5.5.24 ….Four days of Great riding …Hillsboro down to Burnet and back up to Goldthwaite then hard east ….
Tried to stay on gravel dirt roads the whole way crisscrossing the map..
..676 miles 70 hours in the saddle about 30 water crossings was able to get thru all but five …..
Rained hard every night so little extra time to dry camp out..

Until….

Sat night..
Camp set up on the banks of the Colorado…but bugged out to high ground before dark ..
Seeing this wave of storm was going to bring it this time…
Good thing …10” rain by 2 am closed down everything ..main highways and back roads …
Some had 8 to 10 foot of flooding over the roadways looks like lots of damage ..hoping everyone safe and high and dry..
Took 4 try’s to find an open road back to Waco …

Good food, dirty bike, miles of good times…

I’d say normal ADVenture for me ….
Hazmat

IMG_4024.jpeg

IMG_4029.jpeg

IMG_4033.jpeg

IMG_4035.jpeg

IMG_4042.jpeg

IMG_4047.jpeg

IMG_4044.jpeg

IMG_4051.jpeg

IMG_4058.jpeg

IMG_4059.jpeg

IMG_4061.jpeg

IMG_4070.jpeg

IMG_4055.jpeg

IMG_4007.jpeg

IMG_4018.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4064.jpeg
    IMG_4064.jpeg
    362.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4070.jpeg
    IMG_4070.jpeg
    409.2 KB · Views: 9
@HAZMAT boy ya'll really got hammered! When my daughter was born, 10/17/98, there was a 500 year flood in NB and North San Antonio. Much of the time it's drought or flood in Texas. :nono:

Back