• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HONDA XR650L OWNER'S SIGN IN

Re: XR650L OWNERS SIGN IN

Interesting, my mill is an old Index Brand and my little lathe is a Southbend. But I'm always interested in more tools.

PM me the info (pics, price, etc), I may just make you cash happy for that new bike ;-)

Whats uo Enduro, is yours something like this.

IMG_1751.jpg

do you need 1 of the Horiizontal saw,

IMG_1900.jpg

press

IMG_1749.jpg

you cant ride the trails in the angy anymore, can you?? ive put many miles in around boykin springs and parker point. what you know? we hang out a caney creek sometimes. its to hot right now. i may plan a trip up that way in a couple of months when it cools off.

Well not legally!:-D

Stewart

GLOCKPOINTER what's up.? where ya been hiding.?

In the shadows my friend! Some guys are riding to Blanco and beyond tommorow, me and another inmate(bikejones) will tag along. I'm looking at Gary for the join-in. Come on Thrasher!

How is the rain treating you guys in H-Town?

yea,that was me. i was looking for your bike at the park but didnt see it. was gonna stop by and say HI!:rider:

Good I can still spot a BRP. I don't ride the pig to work. Are you still at the condos? Have not seen you out there lately. Finally dusted the webs off the pig and get a ride in now and then.

picture.php

Just got my new rack from cycleracks on. Now for some storage tubes like jthompson's and I will be almost ready for the New Mexico/Colorado trip next month.:rider:

97 xr650l
87 tw200

the skipper (marko) an his buddy giligan (kurt) will never leave the island :sun: ( the rock) there still trying to find ginger an mary ann :eek2: and the proffesor (big mike) is trying to perfect the coconut RADIO.!!! :haha::rofl::nana:............lonnie...

Well yesterday I had a Gilligan experience. You remember how he would always get stuck in quicksand? That was me yesterday on the dirt bike. One phone call and only 10 minutes later TWT's own Hancock was on the scene for the rescue. Saved me probably an hour of sweat and grunting. Thanks again Lonnie! Feel free to delete those photos you took haha.

_

picture.php

Just got my new rack from cycleracks on. Now for some storage tubes like jthompson's and I will be almost ready for the New Mexico/Colorado trip next month.:rider:

97 xr650l
87 tw200

Did they sell it to you black or did you paint it yourself? When I called cyclerack before I got mine, he wouldn't sell me a black one which ticked me off so I found a used one and painted it.

Well yesterday I had a Gilligan experience. You remember how he would always get stuck in quicksand? That was me yesterday on the dirt bike. One phone call and only 10 minutes later TWT's own Hancock was on the scene for the rescue. Saved me probably an hour of sweat and grunting. Thanks again Lonnie! Feel free to delete those photos you took haha.

_
PICS!!!!!!! :rofl: :lol2: :rofl: :photo: :haha:

_

the mighty JEEP to the RESCUE........

help i'm stuck dude.!!:giveup:

IMG_0367.jpg

SILVERBULLET tryed the grab strap..:thumbd: to latch on too..NO GO..!! so we strapped on to the tire an rim.. and just yanked it out an up the small cliff
IMG_0368.jpg

a view of the MUD hole..:nono:
IMG_0369.jpg

this was that slimey smelly kind of MUD..there was no way he could of yanked it out by him self..how ever team work got the job done..
IMG_0370.jpg

SILVERBULLET saying i swear it looked dry.!!:shrug:
IMG_0371.jpg

SB showing his son (allen) how it's done..:clap:
IMG_0372.jpg

right after i tugged it out... SB lookin it over..didn't even tweak the bar's
IMG_0373.jpg

KTM front wheel up close..and a little MUD :rofl:
IMG_0374.jpg

IMG_0375.jpg

the clutch side got some slime/mud..! not to bad how ever.!!!
IMG_0376.jpg

IMG_0377.jpg

IMG_0378.jpg

all OFF-ROADER's know it's good to have a 4x4 (JEEP) just in case..:clap:

Hey guy’s my name is Stewart Frank and I am a newbie to the world of dualsporting. I’ve been riding and racing offroad since the 80’s and I thought I’d try something different. I’m more of the 90% dirt and 10% dualsporter, dirt back roads and old pig trails. If anybody here like’s the same type of riding give me email or call. I live in Beaumont TX and know a lot of dirt roads and old trails around the Angelina forest around lake Sam Rayburn. I grew up riding in the Angelina forest and still know the place well. I found a 2006 XR650R that had 26mi on it! It was like brand new. I uncorked it and plated it and now I’m looking for some riding buddies to ride with. I can’t get my racing buddies now to get into it with me. Looking forward to doing some riding with you guys. :rider:

Stewart Frank
stuwbaby@aol.com
06XR650R
09CRF450R

hey STUMBABY a few pic's of my brother's XR650R.....:rider:
IMG_0094-2.jpg

SHNF007.jpg

SHNF008.jpg

SHNF009.jpg

SHNF001.jpg

WOW!! :eek2: It does look dry. Glad y'all got it out. Real glad it was close enough to the side to tie on, that could've been a real mess.

That's what I thought too! Imagine my surprise when I came over that ledge and hit the gas, haha I mean geez we haven't had but what 1/2" of rain the past 3 months. The surface was all parched and cracked, couldn't believe it was only a 4" crust and a two feet sink hole of muck underneath. I didn't get muddy when I fell over and weight spread out, as the surface crust would hold. Only when you tried to stand and all weight to your boots, then you'd sink slowly same as quicksand.

I laid there laughing for a minute waiting for my son to arrive, then laughed for another minute with him before getting up. :giveup:

_

picture.php

97 xr650l
87 tw200

Hi fire77, that's a good looking XRL. Here's mine fully loaded, piggy's third trip to Mexico. Perfect bike for the trip.
1214326664_LqozQ-XL.jpg

The best place to get the tubes is Agri Supply
tool tubes
$4.99 each, plus shipping.

:chug:

hey STUMBABY a few pic's of my brother's XR650R.....:rider:
IMG_0094-2.jpg

SHNF007.jpg

SHNF008.jpg

SHNF009.jpg

SHNF001.jpg

Man the bike looks great!:clap: I like the old school blue fork boots! What size tank is that? My poor bike just has the bare minimum for now, the problem is I have to quit spending so much on the 450 and spend a little on the 650.

Stewart

Back