• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HONDA XR650L OWNER'S SIGN IN

Re: XR650L OWNERS SIGN IN

And with your riding style, I can understand why people would be firing 44 magnums at you!! :lol2:

Gary
Hah! You are all over this one, Thrash...but so far no one has hit the bull's eye! Also remember that out here where I ride, there aren't 10 people within 15 miles! My riding style, I admit, does need substantial improvement.

606s are noisier? With my helmet on and with the sound of the motor and the pipe, I couldn't hear a 44 magnum fired 50 feet behind me...of course my hearing isn't what it used to be.

Yea, my rear D606 starts to wine @ about 50 mph then quiets down again @ around 63-65+. Drives me crazy cause we always end up cruzing about 55-60 when we dump out on the pavement connecting the fire-roads. Funny thing is if I lean over to one side or the other (just enough to get it off the center row of knobs) it stops wining too. So my son or other riders always ask me later why I kept leaning over and looking down when we hit the road. :lol2:

Dont get me wrong, the Parrelli MT on the back of the DR does it too, just not as loud as the 606 and starts at about 58 mph on that bike. The DR is also about 50 lbs lighter than the CX (which is what is clad with the 606 at the moment)

But remember that is also at offroad pressures. I have found that it wines less @ above 25 psi. I suppose the tire shape on the contact patch is less at the higher pressure so the pitch changes.

For somebody that doesn't have to have a magic button this looks like a deal. Doubt if it will last long so better hurry.

http://houston.craigslist.org/mcy/2527000599.html
2002 Honda XR650R - $2200 (Missouri City, 77459)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------Date: 2011-08-02, 7:26PM CDT
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm selling my very well maintained 2002 Honda XR650R dirt bike. This bike is truely awesome and runs like a top. It's plated, street legal and comes complete with Texas title.

•Oil and Filters Changed Religiously
•Baja Designs Street Legal Kit
•Pro Taper CR-HI bars
•200 Watt Ricky Stator
•Acerbis Rally II Bark Busters
•New Plastics (fenders and side panels)
•TrailTech Endurance Computer
•FMF PowerCore 4 Exhaust
•Eibach Springs
•MotionPro Throttle Cables
•MotionPro Throttle Tube
•MotionPro Clutch Cable
•Pirelli MT-21 Tires
•Recent Oil and Filter Change
•Turner Billet Gas Cap
•Acerbis 3.2 Gallon Fuel Tank
•Original Tank
•XRs Only Gripper Seat Cover

I would slap a recluse clutch on there ride into the sunset...

Call him Rman. Then you will know him. Then we can know him. :mrgreen:

well i'm not from SA (haha)

RMAN what size is your CAMELBACK..? ( liter's)..? doe's the weight bother yer back any..?

If it helps, I have 2 camelpaks, they are both the 2 liter (almost 2 quarts) in size and I don't notice them. My wife has a 1 liter and you don't notice it either, but I empty it in about 5 minutes!! Someone of our size needs a minimum of 2 liters..

Gary

I have a 2 liter Kelty and I don't notice it when I'm wearing my riding jacket. I do miss it when it's not there. Academy in Houston had the Kelty Big Basin on clearance not too long. Around $20 as I recall.

If it helps, I have 2 camelpaks, they are both the 2 liter (almost 2 quarts) in size and I don't notice them. My wife has a 1 liter and you don't notice it either, but I empty it in about 5 minutes!! Someone of our size needs a minimum of 2 liters..

Gary
Yeah, if I was to guess I'd say mine was about 2 liters.

I have a 2 liter Kelty and I don't notice it when I'm wearing my riding jacket. I do miss it when it's not there. Academy in Houston had the Kelty Big Basin on clearance not too long. Around $20 as I recall.

thank's MERIDEN... i'll check ACADEMY.! that's my price range.:lol2:..

here i be. 93 xr650l. it was a beater. have done a lot of work to it. couldn't get the rear brake light to work, so it's been in the shop. getting it today. need to get her inspected and oh, the little detail of a license, and i'm good to go. really excited. i'm in the austin area (round rock specifically). thanks for calling me out bigman!

Well I look forward to riding with you (Just as soon as temps get down to double digits!), I am out near lake travis.. Let us know when you get it all sorted, we can show you a few trails .. :trust:

Gary

If you haven't dropped her lately, we can show you the spots...

Welcome!

Welcome!

Well Joel can't as he is working every hour that God gives him, but we can show you!! :clap:

Hope life gets back to normal for you soon Joel..

Gary

Welcome!

Oh yes, ask the Tom Hill fans. We can definitely show you where to drop your bike!! :lol2: :brainsnap :lol2:

27986_1297669078601_1136593255_30770702_1702572_n.jpg

27986_1297668758593_1136593255_30770696_2571801_n.jpg

315_rider_down.jpg

Tom, I thought you had destroyed all the photographic evidence!! :lol2:

Gary

thank's MERIDEN... i'll check ACADEMY.! that's my price range.:lol2:..

Lonnie, Walmart has a nice 2 liter one for under $20 also. Best thing about it is they also sell the replacement bladders for only $6. Keep one bladder for water and another for beer.:chug:

_

thanks fellas! looking forward to it (not the dropping bike part).

here i be. 93 xr650l. it was a beater. have done a lot of work to it. couldn't get the rear brake light to work, so it's been in the shop. getting it today. need to get her inspected and oh, the little detail of a license, and i'm good to go. really excited. i'm in the austin area (round rock specifically). thanks for calling me out bigman!
xr650_01.jpg

xr650_02.jpg

.... FiddyK :welcome: great another XR-650L PILOT:pilot:

Back