• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HONDA XR650L OWNER'S SIGN IN

Re: XR650L OWNERS SIGN IN

just a lil crash pic of my buddy on his kdx 200. this guy goes about 100lbs wet and riding that kdx was a sight to see.LMFAO.

shadycrash.jpg

Anyone planning on coming up to Moscow on the 26th to the 28th? It looks like Agman and I will be staying in Livingston somewhere and driving in each morning.
The Super 8 hotel in Livingston is by far the cheapest place to stay at $56 per night. Livingston is a 15 minute drive to Moscow and has some good places to eat. We need to book lodging now to take advantage of a 20% discount for advance reservations. C'mon guys...now is the time to sign up. Those East Texas trails are waiting for us.

The phone for Super 8 is 936-327-2451.

Very nice!! We will definitely have to show you some trails/roads to ride that on.. Now you need to tidy up the rear light cluster and you are set!! :clap:

Gary

this heat dome were under suck's :sun: like the honda commercial say's.! I JUST WANNA RIDE.! :rider:.......

That makes two of us, I haven't ridden for 2 weeks now and am slowly going stir crazy!! Can't wait for it to get a bit cooler so I can join up with you lot..

Gary

this heat dome were under suck's :sun: like the honda commercial say's.! I JUST WANNA RIDE.! :rider:.......

That makes two of us, I haven't ridden for 2 weeks now and am slowly going stir crazy!! Can't wait for it to get a bit cooler so I can join up with you lot..

Then ride one of these. You won't care about how hot it is anymore after draining a few liters from the "fuel" tank.
http://houston.craigslist.org/mcy/2530427353.html

_

Attachments

• 3n23kf3o05Q45P55X5b8455ab776f369516c4.jpg
    3n23kf3o05Q45P55X5b8455ab776f369516c4.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 156

So general question for the collective. I have the oppurtunity to pick a 2003 KLR 650 with 3000 miles on it for $1200. I know it needs the gas cap re-keyed and the carb needs a "gasket" supposedly. The bike runs as far as i know Should I Check it out. Heres a pic
c1e86cc5.jpg

let me know what yall think

So general question for the collective. I have the oppurtunity to pick a 2003 KLR 650 with 3000 miles on it for $1200. I know it needs the gas cap re-keyed and the carb needs a "gasket" supposedly. The bike runs as far as i know Should I Check it out. Heres a pic
c1e86cc5.jpg

Looks nice, I like.

Get it. But it looks earlier than 03. Not that it matters .

anyone know of a "friendly" inspection place in austin or round rock? feel free to pm me. thanks!

Check it out, but ask yourself under what conditions you are going to choose to ride this over your XR650R. If you have a answer to that question that you are comfortable with, or $1200 is a steal for this model of KLR, then buy it.

I could never phathom the reason i would ride the KLR over the XR. I'm just thinking about getting it and flipping it for a profit. i know for sure its an '03 as per the title. i'm sure i could make some type of $$$$ off of it :):)

I could never phathom the reason i would ride the KLR over the XR. I'm just thinking about getting it and flipping it for a profit. i know for sure its an '03 as per the title. i'm sure i could make some type of $$$$ off of it :):)

If you dont want it, I will take it. :clap:

what are you waiting for Grasshopper, you better go get it before someone else does, :eat:

anyone know of a "friendly" inspection place in austin or round rock? feel free to pm me. thanks!

the JiffyLube in Round Rock next to WalMart has been easy the couple of times I have tried them. They can do a "green sheet" too if you need to tag a dirt bike.
John

Back