• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HONDA XR650L OWNER'S SIGN IN

Re: XR650L OWNERS SIGN IN

Not a bit, Gary. I too randomly (incessantly) peruse cL and Ebay for her, although I twisted the insurance company's arm hard enough for a decent check, so my sting is subsiding. I won't taint the thread with the news of my newly acquired f800gs, but I will say I am looking for a 250-450cc enduro for some kickaround fun and maybe a motard wheelset.:trust: Called a guy about a XR400R, but I think he is asking a bit too much. Anyways, let me know when the next ride is and you can all laugh when I drop my overpriced dirt bike. :mrgreen:

Yep, I will probably ride Bastrop on Sunday with the wife (Hope to see Joel there) then the following weekend I am with Meriden!! Hope to see you soon.
Rman, where are you riding?

Gary

Yep, I will probably ride Bastrop on Sunday with the wife (Hope to see Joel there) then the following weekend I am with Meriden!! Hope to see you soon.

Gary
Tomorrow it's me, Meriden and Joel. Were heading north from Winchester and...?????
The following weekend I'm also planning to ride E. Tex. with you, Agman, M and whoever else. Talked to M on the phone earlier and he mentioned meeting here again.

Gary

We're off to do the Thorndale back roads and catch the bridege from Second Hand Lions.

I may swing by Bastrop on Sunday as well.

I mentioned doing the second hand lion bridge to my wife and kids, they like the idea, but it would be on road bikes not DS!! They want to wait until it gets cooler and make a day out visiting the bridge and surrounding area!! Maybe see you Sunday at Bastrop!!

Gary

Not a bit, Gary. I too randomly (incessantly) peruse cL and Ebay for her, although I twisted the insurance company's arm hard enough for a decent check, so my sting is subsiding. I won't taint the thread with the news of my newly acquired f800gs, but I will say I am looking for a 250-450cc enduro for some kickaround fun and maybe a motard wheelset.:trust: Called a guy about a XR400R, but I think he is asking a bit too much. Anyways, let me know when the next ride is and you can all laugh when I drop my overpriced dirt bike. :mrgreen:

Ride the F800gs to the meeting place instead of hauling it there so at least your first drop will be in the dirt instead of in the pickup bed. haha I didn't forget that, dang ratchet straps!

_

Ride the F800gs to the meeting place instead of hauling it there so at least your first drop will be in the dirt instead of in the pickup bed. haha I didn't forget that, dang ratchet straps!

_

That's just nasty!! :lol2: Definitely below the belt..:rider:

Gary

Re: XR650L OWNERS SIGN IN 33 1/3rd

On today's ride we stopped by a field...

DSCN0927s.jpg

and a church...

DSCN0932s.jpg

and then a bridge...

DSCN0939s.jpg

and finally some place that looked sort of like Pompeii

DSCN0975s.jpg

Not too bad for 200 miles.

do you guys ever work???

thats what I was thinking :lol2:

Last edited:

I get paid by the piece, so time working does not matter: production does.

And baby, I produce with a quickness.

I aint mad either :trust: Just jealous :rider::rider: Wow , I spelled jealous right on the first try :eek2:

More from yesterday, we met up with Joel in Winchester and headed north.

CIMG4875Copy.jpg

About an hour out we figured this was as good of place as any to have a look at the map.

CIMG4876Copy.jpg

We were moving pretty fast so it was a rare moment that I could get far enough ahead for pics. Joel coming around the bend...

CIMG4881Copy.jpg

Found a few cool old structures along the road...

CIMG4890Copy.jpg

...amidst fields of cotton.

CIMG4892Copy.jpg

Finally made it to the Second Hand Lions Bridge outside of Coupland. Cool!! :cool2:I've been meaning to get over here for awhile.:clap:

CIMG4895Copy.jpg

Joel searching for treasure under the bridge.

CIMG4897Copy.jpg

O M G !!!!!!:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: Someones sense of humor appears to be aligned with mine. :rofl:

CIMG4899Copy.jpg

Railroad bridge at the Alcoa plant.

CIMG4900Copy.jpg

Interesting old family graveyard, the sign even read "Family Members Only!" Well... OK. :lol2:

CIMG4903Copy.jpg

Figured we'd better stop for gas. "Service!! Um excuse me, can we please have some service!!"

CIMG4905Copy.jpg

Guess not. :doh: Neat place though, apparently the owner up and died one day and the family threw a lock on the door and forgot about it. Judging by the run down condition it had obviously been many years since it'd been open but all the goods were still on the shelves exactly as they were the day he died. Kinda creepy. It'd be a neat place to fix up if someone were so inclined, make a heck of a beer joint!

CIMG4910Copy.jpg

Wound up at Charro's in Giddings for lunch :eat: where Joel had to take off back to Bastrop. Seeya next time Joel!!:wave: Be cool!:rider:

CIMG4911Copy.jpg

Meriden and I continued east. We rode so far east we somehow made it clear across the Atlantic Ocean and wound up at this Bavarian opera house! :brainsnap How'd that happen??:wary:

CIMG4912Copy.jpg

And as M stated above we figured since we were already in Europe we might as well stop by ancient Pompeii.:mrgreen:

CIMG4918Copy.jpg

CIMG4919Copy.jpg

CIMG4915Copy.jpg

As history has shown, those darn Roman's were way ahead of their time!:thumb:

CIMG4921Copy.jpg

Good ride y'all, next time!

R

It certainly looked like a lot of fun.. Hope to join you guys once this heat goes away!!

Gary

Back