• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HONDA XR650L OWNER'S SIGN IN

Re: XR650L OWNERS SIGN IN

What is that stuff he is riding through :ponder::huh::shrug::confused::scratch:

hey AGMAN :wave: tail lite info fer ya.!
it's called WESTERN-POWER SPORT'S tail/lite
check www.procycles.us look under dual/sport conversion kit's..

they have alot of trick part's for dual/sport need's.:thumb:

IMG_0319.jpg

IMG_0320.jpg

IMG_0322.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

easy to install..! i can make ya a brackit like mine. no hole's drilled into the plastic fender.! very clean look.:clap: let me know steve ok....lonnie..

Last edited:

I'm not at work now, one of the rare days I requested off...I'm actually about to head to a truck meet up in Spring!

riding around my brother's property today.. picked up a good size branch in the back wheel.! which brought me to a quick stop. slow motion roll over :rofl:
tryed to get my short stubbie leg down fast .! but that didn't happin.!

the hard part was getting that BIG-RED-PIG back up.! had to get help (haha)
i bet that bike weigh's about 400 pound's.!:giveup: and yes the ACERBIS 5.8 tank was full.! anyway thought i'd let ya'll know i took a DIRT-NAP.:lol2::rofl:

i wish this heat-dome :sun:would go away..

YA'LL RIDE SAFE........:rider:.........

riding around my brother's property today.. picked up a good size branch in the back wheel.! which brought me to a quick stop. slow motion roll over :rofl:
tryed to get my short stubbie leg down fast .! but that didn't happin.!

i bet that bike weigh's about 400 pound's.!:giveup: and yes the ACERBIS 5.8 tank was full.! anyway thought i'd let ya'll know i took a DIRT-NAP.:lol2::rofl:

i wish this heat-dome :sun:would go away..

YA'LL RIDE SAFE........:rider:.........
you need to stop it with the naps and:rider::rider::rider::rofl::rofl::rofl:

YEAH I KNOW.! well how the heat treating ya down there.??

also did'ya see the new's about SHNF last week.??

forest ranger's found 1300 plant's growing there.! tucked back a way's off of the trail's......:eek2:......
WISH i would have found then???:clap::clap::clap: the heat is killing me. i may go for a ride in a few to PI and drink a few cold ones??:rider::rider:

i bet that bike weigh's about 400 pound's.!:giveup: and yes the ACERBIS 5.8 tank was full.!

Ya need to lift with your butt not your back. Don't think you're lacking for that, haha. But if help around then two people is sure easier.

Like this:

_

Some new saddlebags, not bad so far for 50$ junk. Comes with da rain bootys too!

Attachments

• DSCN0771.jpg
    DSCN0771.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 155
  • DSCN0773.jpg
    DSCN0773.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 149
  • DSCN0772.jpg
    DSCN0772.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 154
  • DSCN0770.jpg
    DSCN0770.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 144
One word of caution if you ever need to replace the bulb. The four screws on the back are not all the same length. 2 are slightly longer. At a glance, they are look the same length but when you go to put them in, if you put a long one in the short hole and then try to force it the rest of the way in, the head comes right off the screw. Ask me how I know. :argh: :argh: :argh:

IMG_0319.jpg

Just a update, I changed the plug and jetted the carb (Dave’s mod was already done) and the 650 sure runs a lot better, it’s a fun bike to ride :rider: now if it would cool off a little I could get some more time in the saddle…….Thanks Rob for your help and advise your suggestions sure did make a difference on the performance!

One word of caution if you ever need to replace the bulb. The four screws on the back are not all the same length. 2 are slightly longer. At a glance, they are look the same length but when you go to put them in, if you put a long one in the short hole and then try to force it the rest of the way in, the head comes right off the screw. Ask me how I know. :argh: :argh: :argh:

IMG_0319.jpg

hey tjrockit............thank's for the added info.!! also the bulb's look like 1157 bulb's.!!! but there a tad shorter i think......... i was told by iridered an 1157 will melt the plastic len's..:eek2:...........ride safe.!!!

Just a update, I changed the plug and jetted the carb (Dave’s mod was already done) and the 650 sure runs a lot better, it’s a fun bike to ride :rider: now if it would cool off a little I could get some more time in the saddle…….Thanks Rob for your help and advise your suggestions sure did make a difference on the performance!

FDM nice avitar pic (wheelie) i to wish it would kool off.:clap:

Back