• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2022 Supercross bench racing!

I told someone about that race one time - that I have seen harder racing in the local MX 50cc class.:-) 7 figures you bet. And I don't think Dungey ever felt in danger from those low speed moves. But none the less, that race took away a bunch of Tomac fans. He's one of my favorite for sure. As is Dungey.
Remember the Osborne on Savatgy last turn blowout? Osborne went on to be a 450 champion & Savatgy still trying to find his stride.

safe_image.php.jpeg

I told someone about that race one time - that I have seen harder racing in the local MX 50cc class.
No doubt, definitely went the other way, see who go slow enough and not lose a position. Obviously there's different opinions, I didn't like then, don't now. Hey a hard pass fine, keep setting a guy up from in front then try and knock him off track, that's racing?

I don't see Webb repeating and Ken can't seem to get it done. So I say a blue bike wins, 3 or 14.

Watching qualifying on Peacock ch. 250 C group was 1st out.
Track looks soft for Anaheim & looks extra tough for a first rd. Deep whoops & steep jump faces.
I'm going with Tomac for the win.

I did away with Dish TV. I now have ROKU. I am unsure of how to watch it now. Does anyone know about a streaming channel?

WOW! I'm so mad I could spit! Peacock costs money, OK. I check our NBC Sports. Looks like no problem. Tonight, I get home from my activities and try to log on. No way. They want me to sign on with my TV cable supplier. I ain't got no supplier!! I hate new technology and the business teammate they have.

I don’t know if they are doing like last year, but NBC Sports would only show the 2nd Moto and you never knew when it would come on. Sometimes, it would be the same day; other times it may be the following weekend and still only highlights of moto 1 and then the actual Moto 2. That’s why I bit the bullet and paid for Peacock. Even though I paid the extra for no ads, I’m seeing them tonight.

Well................how about Jason Anderson winning! He's had a tough three years since his last success. I hope he does well. Currently tied for 2nd in points with Webb. He's a New Mexico guy!!

Great season so far. In the 450's we've had 4 races & 4 winners. I hope someone new will emerge this weekend. And next & next. Webb is due for sure. McElrath seems to be giving KTM most of it's exposure & it is cool to hear him giving Jamie Ellis (Twisted Development) props for their engines. Been knowing Jamie a long time. First racing MX with my son in the 90's & then as mechanic on the 2005 Houston based, Mastro Suzuki team.
I think we may be seeing the 3 title contenders emerge - Tomac, Sexton, & Anderson. Wanting to see Stewart on the box this weekend. Dylan Ferrandis has so much desire & willingness to do what it takes, he will be on the box soon & will likely have a win or 2 before season's end.

Yeah it's starting out to be an exciting season. Four races four different winners and three red plate holders. Still anybody's game.

Yep, I think this will be one of the greatest seasons so far(since the 70s!). There are a few I wouldn't mind winning. But, I'm still in it for Webb!

And the 250s! I'm looking for Craig to win it this year. He almost quit motocross a couple of years ago but his family and friends talked him back into it.

About 10 guys in the 450 class capable of pulling off a win at any round. It will be interesting to see if moving east next week makes much of an impact in the championship hunt. I still see the title going to one of the guys in the top 3 - Tomac, Sexton, Anderson. But any weekend one of these could take themselves out of the hunt (hope they don't) and for now we could still have Webb, Stewart, or Roczen start crawling into the hunt. Qualifiers on Peacock live today @ 3 & races start @ 9. Delayed broadcast tomorrow (Sunday) @ 11 on CNBC.
We'll see if Honda can keep it's momentum going in the 250 class. Had plenty drama last week allowing Hunter Lawrence to close in on Craig. Brand tactics?
Craig was lucky to escape that crash uninjured. Much less by the electrical cord. I heard Vince had somehow rigged it up during track walk. lol

Track looks awesome. A long start with a right turn makes for limited rear brake. Then the 1st over/under of the year. Can you say whoops? The 250 east guys are gonna have fun!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-02-24 at 8.45.46  AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-24 at 8.45.46 AM.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 125
  • Screen Shot 2022-02-24 at 8.48.03 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-24 at 8.48.03 AM.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 124
Geez, gonna be another night of carnage; these tracks are getting downright ridiculous! What is this, hard-enduro? It's not about racing each other anymore, it's about surviving the track. Guess it'll take them losing enough people to injuries before they go back to making it where the challenge becomes racing against the competition, rather than the track itself. This is why there is very little passing, and getting the hole-shot is all important. I'm not a fan of this trend I'm seeing.

Back