• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2022 Supercross bench racing!

This Saturday @ Indy, Ferrandis is out but the other DNFers from last weekend, Webb, Anderson, Sexton, are in so far.
I don't look for Tomac to change anything at all. He's really not been taking unnecessary chances so far that I've seen. I hope he keeps pushing for good starts though, because Webb & Anderson will no doubt be trying to get into Tomac's head. Barcia has always raced Tomac that way. He has done the aggressive repass on Tomac so many times.

I don't look for Tomac to change anything at all. He's really not been taking unnecessary chances so far that I've seen.
Weege pointed out a very interesting statistic in one of his recent videos: Tomac has missed ONE super cross race since 2015(!). And when he bombs a race, it's usually something like 7th place - not a catastrophic DNF or the likes. That points toward a pretty good outlook for him for the rest of this season.

All the stars seem lined up to me for Malcolm Stewart to get his first win @ Indy this weekend. PB44 back on the box in the 250's.

Stewart
Tomac
Sexton

Very interesting.
1994 Jeff Stanton team Honda retired @ 26. Even though he was just off leader's pace (mostly Larocco) that season, he was done mentally & physically.
Ken Roczen 27 Team Honda, does he have another comeback in him? Outdoors 35 min., is nothing short of brutal. With Kenny's character success will follow him, as it did Stanton off the bike whenever that time comes.

Some interesting comments from some riders here:

Track is going to be rutted big time. Same as always. I think Tomac is my favorite but he's not going to take any chances.
26-27 laps is brutal. Whoops might get destroyed by 2nd motor.

Last edited:
My picks 450
Mookie
Anderson
Tomac
Webb
Barcia

If Mcadoo can get a start then it should be a good race!

Well another interesting evening of Supercross last night, I will not post up about any winners incase someone has not watched yet.

Great racing in both classes, amazing duels between riders, big come from behinds and some teammate high tensions

Yeah, as RC commented, a couple guys will be visiting the principal’s office.

Tracks for the most part this season have been above par in my opinion. Most weeks the riders in each main are dealing with & commenting about the very gnarly tracks. It should be a real barn burner for the runner up spot in the 450's.

Am I the only one who thinks the televised coverage really stinks?! They zoom in and focus on one rider for three, four, five laps at a time, while you're hearing the crowd roaring in the background, and you have no idea what's going on. These "man crushes" they have on certain guys are ridiculous; if I wanted to look at anyone that long, I'd just go buy a dang poster! I watch to see RACING! Sure hope it gets better soon, or I'll probably not waste my money on Peacock anymore, and just wait for the replays later. And yeah, the 250 West has been over for awhile with Craig, and the 450s as well with Tomac. Jet vs Craig will be fun when they have the E/W shootout though.

Saw an article online saying Christian Craig is going to Rockstar Husky next year.

Would not surprise me at all on Craig. I sure hope so.
In the 450's Tomac is on his way to earning this championship. But anything can happen at anytime & they all know it. The battle for 2nd is tight with some real bangers. Stewart, Barcia, Anderson & even Webb. 2nd earns a nice bonus but if Tomac goes down in the next couple of weeks (I sure hope not) the next guy up becomes the champion. St Louis coming up normally some of the best dirt on the circuit.

Webb took one heck of a hit in practice. Hope he can come back and get a win this year.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-05 at 3.24.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-05 at 3.24.50 PM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 115
Looks like one of the most WICKED tracks Ever! They are taming it down but still WICKED!
Hope its not a mudder! Will be some incredible crashes. This track is Scary!

Max sure can throw a whip! I'm still dreaming of getting better!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 12.13.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 12.13.20 PM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 100
Back in the late 80s, there was a track in Alvin, just south of the college, and they had a jump right after a 90 degree turn. You could dive down on the inside of the corner, hit the jump at speed, and lay the bike over similar to the photo. Everybody in the stands would get a view of the underside of your bike. Don’t think I’ll ever be in shape to do that again.

Vohland is laying it over for sure! SX has not been kind to this young factory KTM rider. I hope he is a solid guy outdoors.
Talking about Skeeter? I was racing over 30 @ Skeeter in the late 80's. I'm still going to Ultimate which is right next to where Skeeter used to be. Pretty fun, easy laidback track.

Vohland is laying it over for sure! SX has not been kind to this young factory KTM rider. I hope he is a solid guy outdoors.
Talking about Skeeter? I was racing over 30 @ Skeeter in the late 80's. I'm still going to Ultimate which is right next to where Skeeter used to be. Pretty fun, easy laidback track.
Not Skeeter, it was called Mustang and was just about a mile from the college off of 35. You turned down a road right by ACC to get there. Skeeter wasn't open at that time, but did open later on and pretty much caused Mustang to shutdown due to everyone going to Skeeter. Mustang wasn't much of a track; really just dirt piled up in a field. They did have a long straight section that ran parallel to the paved road and it had a fairly tall jump at the end. Cool thing about it was, when you hit the jump at speed, you could look over at the telephone poles next to the road and realize you were as high in the air as the poles were tall. Yeah, Glen will probably keep Ultimate open as long as he can. I've known him for years and I know he misses his racing days. Every now and then, I'll hear a rumor that Skeeter is going to reopen or mesh in with Ultimate, but haven't seen it happen.

Still a bunch on the line for the final rd.
E/W shootout. Should be good. I hope Craig wraps it up with a solid ride.
The champ Tomac is not riding & Anderson just has a little on everyone right now. But Stewart, Barcia, & Musquin will decide 3rd, 4th, & 5th in the points. With those 4 dudes in the mix it should be a battle.

Yep Tomac wisely choosing to heal the knee up for outdoors.

Should be interesting Dungey making a 2 round comeback commitment Carolli coming over
for 2 rounds. Webb confirming he will sit out the outdoors. Marvin had a Supercross only contract

Seen the track layout? Different for sure.

Jett had a pretty good get-off in practice and is sitting this last round out. Anderson is pulling some incredible ones out there today. Hope Craig can hold on for the win.

Back