• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2022 Supercross bench racing!

Anderson is rolling for sure. Love his style. Last week was brutal to Sexton. But on the flip side Webb may have put himself in the hunt. He could be about the only one capable (2 time champ) of challenging Anderson & Tomac to the end. On another note: wanted to give a mention of Houston based 450 rider Vann Martin. Last week he was riding incredible in qualifying & went down hard. Was (is?) in the hospital busted up pretty bad, had some surgeries etc.. Not sure of his current status, but I think my son is in touch with him though. He is such a good guy from a great family. Hoping for a speedy recovery for Vann 421.

Anderson is rolling for sure. Love his style. Last week was brutal to Sexton. But on the flip side Webb may have put himself in the hunt. He could be about the only one capable (2 time champ) of challenging Anderson & Tomac to the end. On another note: wanted to give a mention of Houston based 450 rider Vann Martin. Last week he was riding incredible in qualifying & went down hard. Was (is?) in the hospital busted up pretty bad, had some surgeries etc.. Not sure of his current status, but I think my son is in touch with him though. He is such a good guy from a great family. Hoping for a speedy recovery for Vann 421.
Best to Vann. Hope he gets back to racing soon. Lots of Texas boys in the Futures class. Awesome to see that.
Looks like Sexton is taking up right where he left off last weekend. Fastest time in 1st qualifier. Fun track, tight, technical and dirt is slippery. Might be some bar banging. Hopefully Lawrence has some competition tonight.
1st nine guys in 450 class are in 1 second of each other. Pretty much every race now.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-02-26 at 1.22.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-26 at 1.22.01 PM.png
    348.2 KB · Views: 107
Yep should be good racing we just rolled into DFW checking into the hotel then off to eat something besides track food then off to the stadium

We'll, now that we're here, track doesn't look bad at all! Whoops aren't near as bad as what the track map shows, and these guys are blitzing them, so might be some real good racing after all. :thumb:

Chance Hymus is beyond fast. Kid was a mini sensation but that never guarantees you'll be good as a Pro.
Kid threw down a 50 second lap in qualifying. that would put I'm in 6th in the 250 Pro qualifying. I feel old today.

Predictions

450 O/A
1. Sexton
2. Tomac
3. Webb
4. Anderson

250 O/A

1. Lawrence
2. Forkner
3. Oldenberg
4. Mcadoo

Webb
Tomac
Stewart
Sexton

Lawrence
Martin
Hampshire
Forkner

Seeing Oldenberg running towards the front would be awesome after his bad luck last week keeping him out of the main. He's capable & will have some fire.

Hope Forkner is OK. I know this was his last shot at the 250 title. Honda needs to sit Lawrence down and tell him this is a long season and its about the championship not one race. Congrats to Tomac. Anderson is going to be there all season. That right hand after the start sure did some damage.

I saw Lawrence speak after the race, he looked genuinely sincere about the mid air collision. I don't think it was intentional. Seems a good kid. Hope Forkner is OK as well.

Lawrence said he clipped a tuff block which caused him to cross jump in front of Forkner. I really don't think he did it on purpose.

My worst ever crash in MX was similar, high pitch table top and my rear end fell into a rut on lift off, I was sideways 20' up and ghosted it LOL

Did something similar and landed in shallow ditch beside the track. Good thing was the ditch was soft mud and didn't break or even tweak anything. However, I was covered from head to toe with mud and probably looked like some kind of swamp monster. Where was that photographer for Crash and Burn magazine when you needed him? :lol2:

We were sitting right in line with it when he clipped that tough block as he was leaving the jump you could see it kick the rear of his bike over

Man all day his speed trough the whoops was a step above everyone, I think if you pulled segment times he may have been quicker than most
of the 450 guys though there as well.

We were sitting right in line with it when he clipped that tough block as he was leaving the jump you could see it kick the rear of his bike over

Man all day his speed trough the whoops was a step above everyone, I think if you pulled segment times he may have been quicker than most
of the 450 guys though there as well.
I believe it was not intentional. You're right, He was the fastest guy on the track. Just needs to keep on learnin

This is the best Daytona track I've ever seen. Some fast some tight and technical.
Lawrence might be the man to beat. I think Hampshire is the sleeper in the 2 fitty class.
Webb was fastest in practice. Maybe he can repeat that in qualifying. Anderson best in Q 1 followed by Sexton, Roczen, Ferrandis.
05a41b85738baeed7dd998f4e61c892e.png

6c6e45fbf58f2131d88b2bace1e5fa05.png

Last edited:
Im gonna go with:
450 Class:
1. Tomac
2. Sexton
3.Anderson
250 Class:
1. Lawrence
2. Mcadoo
3. Hampshire

Would love to see Mookie pull off the dark horse win.

Mookie would probably have a good chance if he can keep it upright. Seems to get taken out a lot.

Anderson was smoking during qualifying today. But on this track as hard as he is riding I'll be looking for engine smoke & clutch issues forcing him to back & salvage a podium..
Tomac
Webb
Anderson

Great pick on Oldenberg last week.
J. Mart has to be (as well as Forkner), but Martin has to be gutted. Just hard to get a good 450 ride even after a good year.
#135 Bobby Fitch just barely missed the night show cut (fast 40) in the 250 class. He has to be 40 years old. Impressive!!
Met him In 1999 @ a WMX Pro National near Fort Collins Co, He won the men Pro class & my son won the intermediate that day in the support classes.
McAdoo
Lawrence
Pierce Brown

Hope for some good but safe racing.

Late to the party this week. Have it recording and about to rewind to the beginning.
Without seeing anything yet, I think Tomac. But...

Back