• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2022 Supercross bench racing!

Daytona track was very demanding. One thing I have always respected about Tomac is his fitness is always top tier. Being son of a MTB champion probably gave him a fit lifestyle growing up.

Great race, on an outstanding track!
McElrath broke the basic rule when being lapped. The nice guy on a KTM, over thought it, pinched Webb off like a you know what & Tomac, as he does was right there to take full advantage & wins the race. Congrats to The Beast 6 time winner - King of Daytona; Tomac!!!

I heard Roczen has withdrawn from Supercross. Bummer!!! But he has not been performing anywhere near his standards this season. Minus Rd.1.
I'm sure to him it feels like yesterday he was the young rising star & championship guy.

Not sure what has been going on with him (Roczen), but it seemed like he just didn't want it anymore.

Yea just saw that, I figured it might be coming as I heard him in an interview on one of the podcasts say he did not
have to race anymore if he did not want to that told me the fire and drive to push may be done.

Cant say that I blame him he has made millions and given a lot of his body to the sport

Yea just saw that, I figured it might be coming as I heard him in an interview on one of the podcasts say he did not
have to race anymore if he did not want to that told me the fire and drive to push may be done.

Cant say that I blame him he has made millions and given a lot of his body to the sport
Right there is what separates the very best from the best.

True, but it could mean just the opposite. By him saying that he "doesn't" have to race anymore, might mean the he "want's" to race more. He also said the he's very loyal to Honda (as they have been to him) and that he "owes them a championship", so I'm not counting him out just yet. I sure hope he can find the right doctor to figure out what's going on, and maybe get it fixed. If nothing else, the time off might get him through the "old" guys, Tomac and Anderson retiring, so that would also help, lol.

A lot of talk last year about Tomac leaving Team Green because of his buddy Gilly.
Now we know its official. Great interview with John Tomac.

Wow! Thanks for posting. Talked about leaving Honda over frame. So did McGrath I believe. For John (Dad) to still be so involved & a crucial element with Eli's (son) racing is nothing short of amazing to me. Countless opportunities for that close of a relationship at this level to go south.

The manufacturers dont like it when folks speak the truth about them. Kawi and Honda are very strict and change doesnt come easy. Yamaha was like this with Kieth McCarty at the helm. He was a Complete Jake Leg. I tried to deal with him and a rider back in 2010/11. He would promise things and a day later deny it. Now, you see Star having a completely different attitude with its riders and look at the results. I hope KTM takes a long look at this year. It didnt start out well and may or may not have cost them an SX championship.

Might see some hand guards tonight. The rocks at Detroit are unreal. 1st turn is really tight so might see some mayhem. Track looks drier than normal but will tack up.
The whoops will be what separate the men from the boys. Double level left hand turn. Don't remember ever seeing that. I see rocks! Chiz says the Star yammy 250 is as fast as his stock 450. Sexton might do well here.

Last edited:
No predictions from me tonight.

I was thinking Sexton earlier as well, but he had trouble staying upright in qualifying again.

May be the night for Stewart ???

Probably a first for the premier SX class:
4 top 10 riders, all riders who have won this season or are capable of winning, DNF this race. The track surface was tricky, but you can't blame the track for the most part. Webb made a mental mistake. Sexton wrong place, wrong time. Anderson's, he's probably slid out like that many times & nothing happens. Ferrandis, not sure about.

Ferrandis looked like he just slid out, but he had just landed off of the Finish line jump and was trying to make the next corner. He probably hit his head pretty good as his visor was messed up and when he tried going through the rhythm section after picking his bike up, you could tell he wasn't at all stable.

I think you're talking about Anderson, right? I never saw what happened to Ferrandis, but they just showed him holding his right arm. They'll probably all be back next week though:

1647214672881.png

So true.
I think everybody but Webb (no word) has reported to be in for next week. I'm surprised Anderson is not on some kind of concussion protocol.

I think you're talking about Anderson, right? I never saw what happened to Ferrandis, but they just showed him holding his right arm. They'll probably all be back next week though:

View attachment 315794
No , Ferrandis. They showed him lose the front wheel in the corner after the finish line jump causing him to go down and it looked like he landed on his face/forehead. He picked the bike up slowly and while trying to do the rhythm section afterward, he was out of control, running off the track, into the tuff blocks.

No , Ferrandis. They showed him lose the front wheel in the corner after the finish line jump causing him to go down and it looked like he landed on his face/forehead. He picked the bike up slowly and while trying to do the rhythm section afterward, he was out of control, running off the track, into the tuff blocks.

Jason Anderson is the rider who lost the front end in the corner after the finish line jump and crashed, then wobbled through the next section and pulled off. Definitely not Ferrandis. Ferrandis cased a jump and hurt his wrist is what is being reported. It was not caught on camera that I know of.

Ok, well I was only half awake when they were showing it and could have sworn they said Ferrandis.

So true.
I think everybody but Webb (no word) has reported to be in for next week. I'm surprised Anderson is not on some kind of concussion protocol.
Bryan, where did you get your news? I've been looking for reports on all these guys. Not much out there.

Back