• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Around the Bend Rally March 2nd to 5th 2023

I will be there again this year (Vernon from Magnolia on black DR) along with my son Robert (white DR) and my wife 1st time, (Honda VTX1300 Motor Trike) street stuff only. I'm going to spend the week there. I rented an Airbnb house on the Study Butte side of Terlingua along the main road, I've seen it going by the last two years, nice place. This will be my 3rd year in a row and Roberts 2nd and wife's first.

My truck is an old white 97 F150 that is my shop truck and daily driver. Robert has a new company F150.

Looking forward to meeting up and having some good times.

Vernon

FAAF1001-C029-4FCB-9D3B-0D06E480D491.jpeg

I was able to download files to this free app. Seems to work ok. This was on an iPhone however.

Registered and paid.
Looking forward to orientation meetup 5pm on Starlight Theater Patio.
Main concern is getting a secure tent campsite to safely leave a bike while I ride the other
Dave Deal

We arrived late this evening. Is there anyone else here yet? I know I registered late but I haven't been added to a What's App Group.
Anyone riding tomorrow?

Vernon

Registered and paid.
Looking forward to orientation meetup 5pm on Starlight Theater Patio.
Main concern is getting a secure tent campsite to safely leave a bike while I ride the other
Dave Deal
I was able to get a room at Big Bend Adventures Wed. and Thurs. (because of wind) then secure a campsite at Rancho de los Arboles Muertos. I think they are about 1 1/2 miles up 188 North(?) Brian is the contact 512-808-6025. I suggest not to use hipcamp. They have been nothing but trouble (for me) over the years.

I should be hauling the mail out there tomorrow on a couple crazy out and back loops in the np, but it will have to wait until next year.

Crashing stinks.

What? Joel, are you ok?
I crashed last hard in the Sam Houston National Forest in September as I was just getting started training for the run I planned to do tomorrow.

I broke my hand and gave myself a very, very nasty concussion, I honestly figured my riding days were over. It was bad, very bad.

I'm riding again, wrenching a lot, but it was hard on my family to see me as bad off as I was. It may be a little while before I can push my riding again.

They are worth it.

Last edited:
Is anyone riding on Monday? What bike would y'all bring? My wr250r or Tuareg 660? I've ridden my old T7 on all the national park roads, including old ore and black gap.

Attachments

• PXL_20230221_185838884.jpg
    PXL_20230221_185838884.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 66
  • PXL_20230123_234901847.jpg
    PXL_20230123_234901847.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 59
I crashed last hard in the Sam Houston National Forest in September as I was just getting started training for the run I planned to do tomorrow.

I broke my hand and gave myself a very, very nasty concussion, I honestly figured my riding days were over. It was bad, very bad.

I'm riding again, wrenching a lot, but it was hard on my family to see me as bad off as I was. It may be a little while before I can push my riding again.

They are worth it.
I misunderstood and thought you had crashed again, more recently. Yup, totally understand putting family first.

I misunderstood and thought you had crashed again, more recently. Yup, totally understand putting family first.
30-35 mph winds forecast for tomorrow Thursday the 2nd. Not good. I will either wait until Friday or trailer in tomorrow. 6 hrs in high winds is no bueno on a Norden 901.

Man today was rough. We rode East West River Road and Black Gap. Both were harder than I remember and the wind coming back was brutal. Going to take a nap since the power is out.

How's the power? Still out? Have reservations there, but did not have enough gas to chance driving all the way in, and not be able to get gas. We ended up turning around and staying at a hotel in Alpine. This slurps! I hope someone will please post up if it comes back on. Thanks

Good news! Ok, wasted some $$ staying up here, but could not have taken the chance. Guess we'll head down in the morning and maybe I'll see some of y'all out on the trail.

Back