• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Do Music and Motorcycles go together?

perusing for old Buffet song I found this
Anyone remember Suzanne Vega - she can paint a hi-def video with her lyrics, performing live, in perfect pitch, and so mesmerizing, the audience is quiet through the performance.

Last edited:
I wonder if he ever found his lost shaker of salt. That Margarita song was sung by a countless number of drunks. Smooth sailing...

I wonder if he ever found his lost shaker of salt.

Funny, I lost my salt shaker yesterday. Seriously! Found it this morning. It's the same size as a supplement bottle, and this morning (I got home at 6:30am, and yes, I was working) after I got up at noon, I was puzzled why a supplement was with the spices, and then saw the shaker on the top shelf where the supplements sit. :doh:

Being worth a billion bucks, I'm betting he got a couple new ones. This ain't paradise, but I'm seriously considering a cheeseburger for tomorrow. 🍔

Was out drinking with new friends in Houston (before moving there) and wound up in a joint where Omar and the Howlers was playing.
Was it Fitzgeralds? I'd never heard of them, and two hours later, we had been rocked out hard. I was so drunk I had no clue where my hotel was.

Omar and the Howlers have been really popular around Houston since the 80s. Saw them in Rockefellers back in the late 80s (all kinda fuzzy - I was in my 20s).

Omar and the Howlers have been really popular around Houston since the 80s. Saw them in Rockefellers back in the late 80s (all kinda fuzzy - I was in my 20s).

Maybe that was it. We might have both been there. :thumb:
Did you ever go to Cardi's? The band I toured with played there a few times, and that was my introduction to Houston crazy.
Dang near couldn't finish mixing one night when I "discovered" the 5$ Hurricanes they called as specials in between sets.
When that band blew up again, I said screw Iowa, I'm moving to Houston.

Yep, went to Cardi’s a couple times and yeah, definitely was a seriously crazy place. You could easily find more trouble than you knew what to do with there.

Too cute! MUST-TURN-AWAY
admiral-james-t-kirk-*****-slap-u2gkty409toc6jkh.gif

We
Was out drinking with new friends in Houston (before moving there) and wound up in a joint where Omar and the Howlers was playing.
Was it Fitzgeralds? I'd never heard of them, and two hours later, we had been rocked out hard. I was so drunk I had no clue where my hotel was.

We used to listen to them in the mid 70's around Austin. I remember I liked the group.

Back