• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Do Music and Motorcycles go together?

A little more William Joseph...

And some Robert Earl to go along with it

And little Tommy Alverson to continue the tequila theme

Funny, I just picked up a little mescal on the way home. 😎

And while on the way home on a very busy street, I saw a squirrel walking over the road on a heavy cable, now I can't get this song outta my head.

Music to ride BMW's to

Make sure your earbuds have good bass response

Before there was the hillbilly's dueling banjo's there was Baroque dueling violins

Keep your speed down
'
For the R1200RT-P police rodeo riders
Above music fits below

And finally
The song for the rest of us

Not my generation but this is a great video, actually looks like they are jamming out (band and audience). The girls KNOW what's up and some of the guys are really in to it too. Others don't really know how to handle this musical revolution. This is pre 65' I think.

My sister was a teenager during the ‘60s and she had several of the early Beetles albums (wish I knew where they are). I kinda liked their music, but teen girls thought they were gods. Any time a song of theirs came on the radio, her and her friends would scream their heads off, even sometimes start crying. To me, it seemed like the oddest thing I had ever seen. Being 11 years younger than her, I was just completely confused by all of it.

My sister was a teenager during the ‘60s and she had several of the early Beetles albums (wish I knew where they are). I kinda liked their music, but teen girls thought they were gods. Any time a song of theirs came on the radio, her and her friends would scream their heads off, even sometimes start crying. To me, it seemed like the oddest thing I had ever seen. Being 11 years younger than her, I was just completely confused by all of it.

Very strange coincidence there, my sister was also 11 years older than me. Clear as yesterday is the memory of sitting on the livingroom floor watching that Ed Sullivan broadcast. I was about 7 or 8, but everything changed then and there. Sis wasn't too impressed, as she was a hardcore Elvis fan.

Heard about that in the news last night, saying they used AI to clean up John’s vocals. Has me wondering how many more “new songs” will be created by long deceased artists.

Heard about that in the news last night, saying they used AI to clean up John’s vocals. Has me wondering how many more “new songs” will be created by long deceased artists.

They told AI to hear the tape and that "this is vocal, that is guitar. Lose the guitar."

Jeff Lynne of ELO took a bunch of George Harrison's demos and half finished songs and crafted the outstanding posthumous Brainwashed album.
I was afraid that one was going to be a rag tag collection of edits, but was pleasantly blown away.
That was pure old school talent and determination. It will be interesting to see what FI (Fake Intelligence) can do in comparison.

This is apparently George playing as he was fully aware of his pending demise. More layers of emotion in this piece than I can count.
I played this at Mom's service. It's so far beyond perfect.

Very strange coincidence there, my sister was also 11 years older than me. Clear as yesterday is the memory of sitting on the livingroom floor watching that Ed Sullivan broadcast. I was about 7 or 8, but everything changed then and there. Sis wasn't too impressed, as she was a hardcore Elvis fan.
She knew who was 👑
also:
Woke up this morning with the words on my mind, "wind whipping down the neck of my shirt like I ain't got nothing on".
THE PRIDE OF COUNTRY MUSIC,

They told AI to hear the tape and that "this is vocal, that is guitar. Lose the guitar."

Jeff Lynne of ELO took a bunch of George Harrison's demos and half finished songs and crafted the outstanding posthumous Brainwashed album.
I was afraid that one was going to be a rag tag collection of edits, but was pleasantly blown away.
That was pure old school talent and determination. It will be interesting to see what FI (Fake Intelligence) can do in comparison.

This is apparently George playing as he was fully aware of his pending demise. More layers of emotion in this piece than I can count.
I played this at Mom's service. It's so far beyond perfect.

Fitting tribute.
Definitely his sound. Almost to me, has that new age infinite blues sound of Pink Floyd. Jmo.
Musicians are amazing

On my street legal dirt bikes out west and everywhere, there no music other that what the engine and off road venues produce on their own. However, I can recall a trip on my '83 Honda Gold Wing Aspencade with a stereo cassette player and headphones playing the Wall of Voodoo's album "Call of the West" as I approached the Mexican border and Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument. I later crossed the border and went down to Rocky Point Mexico at Puerto Penasco still rocking the "Call of the West". I never had the music match the venue in such a manner, and I still think back to that ride and the music that matched it.

playing the Wall of Voodoo's album "Call of the West" as I approached the Mexican border and Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument.

:clap:

Brilliantly weird band that so many hated. Dark Continent was my intro, hearing Back In Flesh on a college radio station in '82 and everything changed.
If you don't have Stan Ridgeway's album Mosquitos, get it.

Back