• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

My Dad has gone on hospice care (2/26/22) - Update: he has passed (3/4/22)

Sorry for your loss, my dad is in bad health and I'm fearing I'll be where you're at soon.

May your father Rest In Peace.

Scott, Thank you for sharing the details of your Father’s life, and your relationship with him. I know that your family will miss him so very much. Take care, love each other.

So sorry to hear of your loss. We will pray for comfort for you and your family during this time. As time passes the memories such as the ones you are sharing here will become even more precious to you. It will surprise you, or at least it does me, how often your father's words will come to mind when doing things.

I'm sorry for your loss Scott. Your dad sounded like a great man. Prayers for you and your family.

Always difficult with close families when they pass. Was the same for me. He will remain however inside you. As has my dad.

Sorry to hear this Scott. It is hard to lose a parent, especially a close and nurturing one. I lost my Mom this past Thanksgiving and still not over the grieving. Was crying daily for a long while. But now the tears are quickly followed by happy memories.

Cherish your memories. Take time for grief, all you need. Be sure to have some sort of service. Then, let go and move on.

Scott, what a legacy your father left, I like all here will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Lost my dad in '89. It is a difficult thing to lose a parent, regardless of how 'grown up' you are when they pass.

There is comfort in that he was clear headed and faced the next chapter with no fear.

Thoughts and prayers for you and family as each navigates the grief.

Very sorry for your loss Scott, but it really sounds like he was able to leave on great terms with everyone, I can’t imagine he could ask for more.. thinking of you at this time. My father is 87 and deteriorating fairly quickly, but living in France makes it difficult to be with him, very grateful for the telephone.. cherish those memories of your father.

My deepest condolences. My Dad passed 49 years ago, and I'm not OVER it, but I am past it.

May he Rest In Peace. Prayers to the family.🙏🏻

I'm so sorry, I wish you and yours the peace of resolution.

Condolences and strength to you and your folk.

Dad's memorial service will be held 3:00pm March 13th, 2022.

First United Methodist Church of Huntsville, Tx.
1016 Sam Houston Ave.
Huntsville, Tx. 77320

In lieu of flowers the family would ask that anyone interested in honoring Vernon’s memory please consider donating to the New Danville organization where his grandson Justin Friday resides. This can be done online,

https://www.newdanville.org/donation/

Or, donations can be mailed to,

New Danville
10951 Shepard Hill Road
Willis, Tx. 77318

In either case, they ask that the donations be marked as being for Vernon Friday for their records.

If you would like to send a card or anything else to Lois Friday (Vernon's wife), please mail it to

Lois Friday
52 McShane Lane
Huntsville, Tx. 77320

Thank you.

Prayers for you. I know your pain my friend. I lost my father three years ago. My mother is on hospice and my sister passed away two weeks ago. That is part of the reason why I kind of backed off of all the stuff I used to do on here. I am principal caregiver for my 89-year-old mother with cancer.

Dad's memorial service will be held 3:00pm March 13th, 2022.

First United Methodist Church of Huntsville, Tx.
1016 Sam Houston Ave.
Huntsville, Tx. 77320

In lieu of flowers the family would ask that anyone interested in honoring Vernon’s memory please consider donating to the New Danville organization where his grandson Justin Friday resides. This can be done online,

https://www.newdanville.org/donation/

Or, donations can be mailed to,

New Danville
10951 Shepard Hill Road
Willis, Tx. 77318

In either case, they ask that the donations be marked as being for Vernon Friday for their records.

If you would like to send a card or anything else to Lois Friday (Vernon's wife), please mail it to

Lois Friday
52 McShane Lane
Huntsville, Tx. 77320

Thank you.
Scott and Beth, thanks for introducing me to your wonderful parents, it was an honor for me to meet Vernon and Lois. My condolences, may he rest in peace.

Back