• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

My Dad has gone on hospice care (2/26/22) - Update: he has passed (3/4/22)

God Speed to your father and family and friends. I read where you had a great relationship with your Dad. Thats Platinum!

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness"

These times must come to us all.

So sorry to hear Scott. Hopefully some of the hole he left behind will be filled with the memories you two made together.

Scott - so sorry to hear of your loss of your Dad. Prayers lifted for his journey to the other side and the glory that waits him there.

Lost my dad the day after my birthday in 1994 and still had a dream about him a couple nights ago. He may be gone, but in some way, he'll always be with you.

Just saw this. Sorry for your loss Scott and I'll pray for your family again now.

The memorial service today for my Dad was great. I really appreciate all of you who were able to attend. It means a lot to myself and my Mom. I did not realize how packed the church was until I got up to the podium. That was kind of overwhelming, not so much because I was about to speak in front of a lot of people as I have done that before, but that they were all there because of my Dad. I managed to read the TWT 10 year anniversary reflection email I sent out back in 2013 before it all hit me like a TON of bricks. I managed a few concluding remarks and handed it over to my brother. I think he did a fantastic job. It was really cool to hear from so many people after the service that shared their own stories of their experiences over the years with my Dad. It is also a little intimidating. Dad set the bar pretty high.

Attachments

• Vernon Friday.jpg
    Vernon Friday.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 111
When a man's dad passes it is a transition for the man. Its like becomming ceo instead of vice president. You reflect on the bar's height, experience a new profound sense of increased responsibility and feel the full wight of dependence as family looks solely to you. Then you look upwards and are reminded of God's strength and will for you to carry onward with his plan. It fills you with joy to know you are not alone at the helm; in fact not even at the helm, rather just God's servant doing an inspired work for him. May he lift you and your family up!

Back