• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Outdoor Nationals

Wow! Thought Malcom was stricktly doing SX. Wonder why change, especially this late in the season? Same with Wilson; he's supposed to be retireing! Lot's of news in the world of MX/SX lately, huh?

Wow! Thought Malcom was stricktly doing SX. Wonder why change, especially this late in the season? Same with Wilson; he's supposed to be retireing! Lot's of news in the world of MX/SX lately, huh?
Once Mookie signed with Factory Husky, part of the deal was outdoor MX as well. There is no change, just the timing of his recovery from injury . He had surgery on his knee at the end of the SX season (thanks Mr. Barcia) and he is now ready to go. His contract is two years, so next year he should race all the Outdoor season as well.

Wilson's situation is similar. Under contract to ride Ourdoors, but has been hurt until now. He may retire at some point, but he is under contract still with Factory Husky Team.

Well, spoke too soon. We got home, logged into FloSports, started the race stream, and we joined the 2nd 250 qualifying session. Then it went into the 2nd 450 qualifying. Then it went to blank screen for awhile, so we thought it maybe starting at 1:00 CT, but next thing we know, it comes back on, and we're watching some kind of GNCC race. I back out to the race stream again, only to see the very end of 250 moto 1!!! Missed the whole dang thing!!

Ride Red

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1660425889822.jpg
    FB_IMG_1660425889822.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 84
Stage is set for a great finish. 250's tightened up a hair.

Yep, that kid has a good future ahead and he's earning it. It's cool to watch the passing of the torch from Tomac to Sexton. Reminds me of Kwai Chang Caine snatching the pebbles. I like that he's not just getting top spot because Tomac is retiring, but he's proving that he's earned it by beating Tomac heads up. This is no fading Tomac either; they are just another level above anyone else. I feel sorry for Kenny fading away like he has though. He's one of (if not THE) fastest guys I've ever seen, and he still shows flashes, but just can't sustain. Ride red will be well represented for awhile though.

Amazing Sexton running Tomac down and running off from him! Next race will be interesting! Thought I heard them say Unadilla wasn't Tomac's favorite place.

Probably why they came up. I thought Brian said they were following the process. I think they're skipping one step in their plan. Kid looks ready to me.

Holy, smoke! Was that some great racing today or what?!! This has got to be the most excitingly close championship I"ve ever seen, and I'm loving it.

Wow great racing, and looks like Justin Cooper in the 250 class is getting to see what the back of Team Japan and Australia will look like

Wow great racing, and looks like Justin Cooper in the 250 class is getting to see what the back of Team Japan and Australia will look like
Yep, that was one of the dumbest choices I've ever seen. Outside of Tomac and Sexton (who are both already on the team), Anderson is by far the fastest American we have, and has publically said he'd be happy to ride the 250. Can you imagine?! That would have been soooo fun to watch! I'll still be cheering for ol' Coop, but don't think he'll have near as good a chance as Jason would have.

Yep, that was one of the dumbest choices I've ever seen. Outside of Tomac and Sexton (who are both already on the team), Anderson is by far the fastest American we have, and has publically said he'd be happy to ride the 250. Can you imagine?! That would have been soooo fun to watch! I'll still be cheering for ol' Coop, but don't think he'll have near as good a chance as Jason would have.
Anderson took himself out of the running a few weeks ago. Heard something about a medical issue that he needs to take care of as soon as the Outdoor season is over. Kawasaki has not supported their American riders lately for MXDN lately either. I am not wild about Cooper. Mixed in the 450s at MXDN he is not going to get a great start and he shown zero ability move up through the field. I think Star Yamaha had some pull on the selection. I would have rather had Anderson too for sure. Wish that would have worked out.

As far as the Outdoors series wrapping up with Pala--what a season! Have to give Sexton the edge if you look at the way he dominated the first race at Pala earlier this year. Not my favorite track at all. This final race deserves a better venue. So sad that Gen Helen is not in the National track rotation.

Last edited:
Anderson? He's third in the series, and just won last week, so not sure what problem he might have, but it's obviously not that serious. Craig would have been my next choice for the 250s after him. As much as I like Sexton, and am a staunch Ride Red guy, I'd be happy with Tomac taking it, just to send him out on a winning note. If he pulls it off, he will certainly deserve it too, as Sexton is the toughest competitor he's ever faced and is pushing him to ride more on the edge than he's used to. Beast mode squared!

Yep, just saw what you're talking about; he's gonna schedule some kind of back surgery at end of season. Wow! So the guy is that fast needing back surgery?! Crazy.

Well, I'm all in with Sexton and "Ride Red", lol.

I'm about tired of hearing about that kid. No fault of his own, mind you; he just had the (un)fortunate luck of being born with a "famous" name. While I think he's really good, and will maybe develop into a great rider, the "man-crush" that the MX media has on him is ridiculous. Meanwhile, the "other" very good rookie, Ryder DiFrancesco has been quietly putting in good motos, but getting no mention. He's finished 13, 8, 15, 14th overall in his 4 pro races so far, beating out some very good names in the process. They of course never show the back markers, but watching the scoring card, I think he even caught and passed Deegan during one or both of the motos!

I don't care either way, just a very violent crash. Also in this moto he had lost his rear brakes. Deagans as a family are overdoing it on social media. But it's got them what they wanted, boy in the pros, daughter has a truck ride, and younger boy coming along! Getting them "likes".

Well, I'm all in with Sexton and "Ride Red", lol.
Me too. Sexton has the heart, the drive and the talent to overall the MXDN and lead Team USA to their first win in over a decade. No pressure!

There is a Sexton to KTM rumor floating around too. Not sure how long Sexton's contract with Honda is.

Back