• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tour of the Davy Crockett NF 12/05/15 - RIDE FULL!!

Yeah... Don't think that hasn't crossed my mind. I'm 56 with 28 years of very specific experience that doesn't translate well to other work where I wouldn't be starting over almost as a newbie. Why hire an old guy that needs a lot of money compared to some young person that doesn't need as much money (yet...)? I am self employed and I get to work from home, but it is 24/7/365 and I can't find anyone that wants to do the kind of hours it takes to do my job. It wasn't too bad until my Dad retired in June of 2020 at the height of the pandemic hysteria. He was 81 so he figured it might be time :-P Since then though, it has been just me. It is not physically demanding (other than wasting away in front of a computer in a chair), but I have ZERO control over when I have to work, day or night, even on weekends and holidays. So there is no way for me to plan anything. I just wait for the phone to ring and I have to be able to respond within a few minutes and be ready to start working in about 30-45 minutes at most or the work goes to someone else. If you are curious...

www.tdsengineering.com
Understood. I was just giving you a hard time. A man’s gotta do what a man’s gotta do to make it in this world. Bills gotta get paid. Hopefully you’re enjoying it though. That sure makes it a little better when you can.

Wasn't able to open the link "securely". Anyone have the route specifics?
The link to the GPX file?

If so, it should open securely. Just do a right click, save as.

The link to the GPX file?

If so, it should open securely. Just do a right click, save as.
1663710338486.png

Never have seen this type of message before. You can choose to Discard, or Keep....I had to look for the "Keep" option.

Back