• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tour of the Davy Crockett NF 12/05/15 - RIDE FULL!!

Re: Tour of the Davy Crockett NF 12/05/15

This will not be a fast guy type of ride.

I like to run a relaxed pace and we always wait for everyone to make sure no one gets left behind. Relaxed means anything from 20-50mph on the unpaved stuff depending on surface and visibility. For the paved stuff, not more than 75 mph tops.

Given all the recent rain, I've no clue what the condition of some of the roads will be. Hopefully, we'll get a few good days of sunshine between now and Saturday.

Everyone WILL need to carry the basic tools/tubes for fixing a flat on their bike, front and rear. You can try the front tube in the rear thing, but I've never seen that work very well for more than just limping to the main road and parking to wait for a trailer. I'd like to say flats are not likely on these roads, but I've seen some crazy stuff. On one ride we had what we think was a bolt or piece of rebar put a finger sized hole through an exhaust header pipe!

Yep! Got the message.

br1Ca_yQkhKNTnuisXFns_NuG-aQo4dvA0_qHmelfN8qJ54SfhYUanCga00Wbflb_n-I7_njJ-V89ACWXp0=w978-h653-no.jpg

2vXN2rra92jM4W5lfLEOYGsn9YM3zO8qIeTxeZJsw2dlI_CEfcED3xfpgiN9Hmb90upvgOc0ZHXIp_Rq6OY=w978-h653-no.jpg

QCBWRjzaTlgqv93b7LvT7EDHK9bhVCsx6HPzWi2bgt-wLuoO1kqdHyCk7P9M98yjqd7O03WNC2UX-1EshyU=w833-h644-no.jpg

Holy smokes-that looks like an old spark plug wrench for a chain saw.

Looks like Snoopsters favorite road is on the route near Pennington.

Holy smokes-that looks like an old spark plug wrench for a chain saw.

Yep, exactly! And as Scott suggests, it was odd "finding" it on a fairly well traveled dirt road.

If somebody else has a big bike also. Or I won't go, I have a TORCS race Sunday and I can't ride the 350 for that long and still be able to ride Sunday. That's a long day on a buzzy little bike! I like it, but that's a long day, lol!

If somebody else has a big bike also. Or I won't go, I have a TORCS race Sunday and I can't ride the 350 for that long and still be able to ride Sunday. That's a long day on a buzzy little bike! I like it, but that's a long day, lol!

I'll be on my 950SE if I make it. . .:trust:

So... does that mean you are planning to join us?

Sorry to hear that.

I'm a firm maybe. Rode this area 2 weeks ago in the pissing rain, would be nice to do it in the beautiful weather forecasted for this weekend!

It looks like I was on alot of the same roads north of Apple Springs, there's a kickass creek crossing that was pretty deep when we hit it!

Pretty sure i will be there on my new 88 GS.

I'll be on my 950SE if I make it. . .:trust:

If I make it will be on the Super Turd (that one is for dirtryder Lol)

Rob I will PM or text you early that morning if definite for me so you can bring the bag. Can't commit yet as just back in the country yesterday and need to ensure my workload gets under control first.

_

Man we are going to have a lot of Big Bikes out there Rob but I'm on that thirty year old GS you guys will have to wait up for me. I've never ridden in the sand.

We'd be together. Lol. Sand shouldn't be a problem with all the rain.

3 more joining you for this DC ride.....
Trailering up from the Katy area......
2 KTMs
1 WeeStrom
Scott, if it's okay and you have the room, we'd like to unload at your place.
.....Gary

I'm in, also need a place to.park truck

Not sure how much room Scott has but if needed, less than a 1/2 a mile from start point is a park and ride. FM 2821 and FM 247.

Back