• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tour of the Davy Crockett NF 12/05/15 - RIDE FULL!!

Re: Tour of the Davy Crockett NF 12/05/15

Thanks, park and ride is fine.

Last edited:

Might be better to use the park and ride. I wasn't expecting so many people to want to do the ride :-P I only have room for a few trucks and those are spoken for.

So if everyone shows up, that makes for 17 people, which is a BIG group to keep moving. I may even have to cut the route short a bit just to make sure we can get it done before dark. With this many people, the odds of a problem coming up during the day goes up considerably.

As a result, I'm gonna call this ride full.

Would it be better to get 2-3 groups together? Just asking.

With everyone doing the same route, it won't make much difference if we try to break into groups.

The route is 233 miles long if we run the entire thing.

Is there any gas along the route or should I bring a siphoning hose? With only the stock tank on the SE, I'm thinking about gas at 80-100 miles. :eek2: I have a 1-gal rotopax which gives me an extra ~30 miles but nowhere near enough to run the full 233 miles. That said, I'm a big boy and will have the track file on my GPS so I can always make my way off route to gas and then return to the route to try to catch up to the group. :rider:

This is all assuming I manage to change both tires and the rear rotor without any major hiccups tomorrow. :zen:

Is there any gas along the route or should I bring a siphoning hose? With only the stock tank on the SE, I'm thinking about gas at 80-100 miles. :eek2: I have a 1-gal rotopax which gives me an extra ~30 miles but nowhere near enough to run the full 233 miles. That said, I'm a big boy and will have the track file on my GPS so I can always make my way off route to gas and then return to the route to try to catch up to the group. :rider:

This is all assuming I manage to change both tires and the rear rotor without any major hiccups tomorrow. :zen:

I'm not sure of his exact route but it's east Tx, lots of little towns. Might be best to get gas when you see it, even if a little early. See you tomorrow! Love those SE's!

Am trying to rearrange some work related commitments for tomorrow but if I can I would really like to join! Newbie to the site/area so hopefully I can get a reprieve from work and you've got the room for 1 more rider. Will be coming up from the Kingwood area but will have the bike in the back of the pickup so wherever you feel the best place to park would be please let me know.

One other thing, I cannot see the rout .gpx file. Every time I try to download it (will load it into Google Earth) it comes across as just an attachment.php file. Is there a trick or a setting in my browser I need to set?

Thanks,
Rich

I start hunting for gas at 120 miles or so, never an issue around there, like woodsguy said, lots of little towns to jump off to.

See you guys in the morning! I just washed my bike for some reason, it looks rediculous clean, tomorrow should fix that.

Am trying to rearrange some work related commitments for tomorrow but if I can I would really like to join! Newbie to the site/area so hopefully I can get a reprieve from work and you've got the room for 1 more rider. Will be coming up from the Kingwood area but will have the bike in the back of the pickup so wherever you feel the best place to park would be please let me know.

One other thing, I cannot see the rout .gpx file. Every time I try to download it (will load it into Google Earth) it comes across as just an attachment.php file. Is there a trick or a setting in my browser I need to set?

Thanks,
Rich

Downloads fine for me (Mac using Safari). Maybe try Chrome or Firefox? Also, you might try opening in Basecamp (free from Garmin). It's a decent tool for managing waypoints and tracks, etc.

My bad. I did not see the RIDE FULL annotation when I posted. Looks like a pretty large group so I'll try to be better prepared for the next one. Have a great ride.

Thanks rkptknight. Will try Chrome or Firefox.

Scott.....thanks for putting this ride on.....When I decided to join in, there were 4 committed......Now closed because of too many.... 17 bikes.
How do you say "Cluster ...."
The three of us are going to find some roads less traveled....But Thanks anyhow......
3 bikes have withdrawn.....

Good thing the 3 Palms ride is still open .... come on out.

You all have fun - see you next time.

I am shocked that there is not a single KLR in the group... :brainsnap

So... Is this Full, or did the back-outs create a few spots?

No sweat if it's full, I'm local and can ride these roads most anytime, so I'd definitely give priority to the guys driving in :)

Xman you can have my spot if I was in the count it's got a little to big a ride for me. You guys have fun and ride safe.

So many backing out somebody needs to still come! :rider:

So... Is this Full, or did the back-outs create a few spots?

No sweat if it's full, I'm local and can ride these roads most anytime, so I'd definitely give priority to the guys driving in :)

So many dropped out, come on, I enjoy riding with you!

Xman you can have my spot if I was in the count it's got a little to big a ride for me. You guys have fun and ride safe.

So many backing out somebody needs to still come! :rider:

I never thought for a second a group that large would all ride continously. Probably a couple smaller groups but meet up at stops and lunch.

dirtyrider we can still have a nice small big bike group. Rob can bring his new 1290SA. Is that what your new white KTM is?

_

Back