• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Triumph Speed 400 and Scrambler 400 X

Wouldn't the deposit be refundable?
They said it would at Ride Now, but they were not clear on the fees like shipping and assembly etc. If I had a final price minus TTL or OTD price I would probably put a deposit down. Like I said I am not in a hurry. In the mean time if BSA comes to town then it may be a different ball game for me. There are rumors of who will handle distribution in the USA. I will believe it when I see it. They said sometime in 2023 the BSA 650 would arrive in the USA, No sign of one yet. :yawn:
Can you see if you can get an OTD price for a 400X somewhere in your area and post it.? MSRP is 5595. I figure maybe 7400 OTD but hope it is less.
Been waiting two years for the BSA a little longer won't hurt after all I have two scoots.

Last edited:
They said it would at Ride Now, but they were not clear on the fees like shipping and assembly etc. If I had a final price minus TTL or OTD price I would probably put a deposit down. Like I said I am not in a hurry. In the mean time if BSA comes to town then it may be a different ball game for me. There are rumors of who will handle distribution in the USA. I will believe it when I see it. They said sometime in 2023 the BSA 650 would arrive in the USA, No sign of one yet. :yawn:
Can you see if you can get an OTD price for a 400X somewhere in your area and post it.? MSRP is 5595. I figure maybe 7400 OTD but hope it is less.
Been waiting two years for the BSA a little longer won't hurt after all I have two scoots.
Do you think you would be able to negotiate a better deal if you didn't have a deposit?

Nice! My wife and I registered for the Houston event.
It didn't say where it was going to be in Austin. I suspect Ride Now. I was going to call tomorrow and see if it is there,
I went to one of these at Ducati to see the unveiling of the whatever scrambler. I felt goofy waiting in line to place my but on it. :lol2:
Doesn't look like test rides? It is just 4 hours. I am thinking the X will be more of a full size bike than the 400 street. When I had my RE 500 it felt like a 3/4 size. Not just in height but overall.
Last thing I need is another bike. We will see.

It didn't say where it was going to be in Austin. I suspect Ride Now. I was going to call tomorrow and see if it is there,
I went to one of these at Ducati to see the unveiling of the whatever scrambler. I felt goofy waiting in line to place my but on it. :lol2:
Doesn't look like test rides? It is just 4 hours. I am thinking the X will be more of a full size bike than the 400 street. When I had my RE 500 it felt like a 3/4 size. Not just in height but overall.
Last thing I need is another bike. We will see.
No location given for Houston yet either. I think it's just a launch party. It's from 7 pm to 11 pm. I'm sure the bike will be featured but I doubt there will be test rides.

It says it is. Now that is confidence and interesting
Two years would be enough for me.
I don’t see anything in the article that says the 5 year warranty is being offered in the US. In fact, since it’s being offered by Bajaj, I expect it will be India only. I’d love to be pleasantly surprised, however.

And RSA= road side assistance, I think.

Printed out tickets which I doubt are necessary. Probably just a way to get Email. Called Ride Now Austin and there is still no official word where it will be, but since they are the Austin Triumph dealer I bet it is there. On Triumph's site it says from 7 pm to 11pm. They close at 7pm on Tuesday's. Hope it becomes clearer as Feb. 13th approaches.

Well well well.
Looking at Los Angeles recently it mat not be at a dealer. If it is downtown Austin anywhere near 6th street I doubt I will go, unless :thumb: But Moto 2 Joe Roberts playing bass backing up Johnny Cash in theRritish invasion may be worth it :-D That 660 Daytona looks good and the Mot-X looks ready to race.

Last edited:
Some Indian owners have reported a stalling problem. I think Triumph India reflashed bikes and it seems it took care of the problem. One British owner on ADV Rider reported his bike stalled. Will the US bike have this problem too?

Some Indian owners have reported a stalling problem. I think Triumph India reflashed bikes and it seems it took care of the problem. One British owner on ADV Rider reported his bike stalled. Will the US bike have this problem too?

That's a bummer. he BSA owners report stalling too. Makes me wonder if they would still pass Euro 5 after reflash. A staling bike can be dangerous I dropped one making a slow U-turn. My helmet saved me as head whiplashed onto boat ramp. Knocked me senseless for a while.

Last edited:
That's a bummer. he BSA owners report stalling too. Makes me wonder if they would still pass Euro 5 after reflash. A staling bike can be dangerous I dropped one making a slow U-turn. My helmet saved me as head whiplashed onto boat tramp. Knocked me senseless for a while.
BMW had a stalling problem on their G650GS. I owned a 2016 G650GS and my bike stalled several times. There was a recall and the bike was reflashed. It didn't cure the problem. I got rid of it pretty quickly.

Lots of reviews out there already but I think this one is really worth watching. It's from MotoDeal. While the guy is from the Philippines, he's covering the launch in Thailand. Beautiful ride and insightful review... in English.

Well I won't be going. 6th street is the arm pit of Austin IMO. Plus it is a long way from my Casa. Maybe dealer will get one. What I really want to do is test ride one. Maybe that dealer in Katy or who know Ride Austin. Maybe Killeen Tx. No test putt then I don't need it . :mrgreen:

The Venue ATX - Austin Live Music & Event Venue

516 East 6th Street Austin, TX 78701

Back