• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What did you do in the garage today?

Dont skimp on the grease , if you wanted to get real creative and put a grease fitting on it while you have it apart it would probably last the rest of your lifetime . The only truck i have with that garbage hub design has Timkin Bearings in it and as soon as i get a proper ford diesel truck built it will go away . Both my fords are over 300,000 miles on original wheel bearings

Dont skimp on the grease , if you wanted to get real creative and put a grease fitting on it while you have it apart it would probably last the rest of your lifetime . The only truck i have with that garbage hub design has Timkin Bearings in it and as soon as i get a proper ford diesel truck built it will go away . Both my fords are over 300,000 miles on original wheel bearings

I crammed as much grease in there as I could. In fact, now I'm out. No place to put a fitting, and the whole thing comes off the car and apart so easily, preferred hand packing is the thing to do.

Chapter 2 of "Knock some ugly off my house" or "A man's garage is his castle" started today.

About 2' high of landscape pavers covered the bottom of this eyesore for as long as I can remember.

DSCN0014.JPG

That door hasn't opened in about 20 years, I just don't use it. And I can't see putting in a flimsy 400 dollar door just to get rid of the rotted mess.
I decided long ago to simply frame in the opening, then take the door apart from the inside and haul it to to dump.
Cut each one to size where it goes, as there's not a plumb wall anywhere in this lean-to.

DSCN0015.JPG

On the ground and assemble.

DSCN0016.JPG

Anticipating a little snugness, I got Dad's persuader hammer, which is my all time favorite.

DSCN0017.JPG

Just a couple well placed whacks and we be snug as a bug.

DSCN0018.JPG

Long screws into the frame of the garage, and she be tight. Time to cover.

DSCN0020.JPG

Had to get the clamps off the display, and doing that will be often for those tools, and set up the trick Dad showed me long ago to cut like that.

DSCN0021.JPG

And boom.

DSCN0023.JPG

I was well into a beer and ready to stop, but just HAD to get some paint on it in case the sky leaks.
OY, that bucket of paint must have had some temp damage from Snowmageddon. I worked the dickens out of it with the drill auger thing.

DSCN0025.JPG

But cover it I did. A huge time hurdle overcome! I rewarded myself with more beer and a tiny brisket sammich.

DSCN0026.JPG

Now tomorrow I can finally rip that rotted old crap outta there! :sun:

Saved money, a nice sammich and some cold beers. Sounds like a great day!

Yep! It's great to finally do something you've wanted to do for years, but life kept getting in the way, especially these last few years of weird.
"Pretty" isn't a big consideration back there, just a few houses have the driveway in the alley, and two fences and a ton of trees block the storage lot behind them. A couple neighbors and the garbage truck dudes are about all that see it, yet I'll trim it out some later.
But first..... more coffee, breakfast, and get that dang door outta there!!

I was well into a beer and ready to stop, but just HAD to get some paint on it in case the sky leaks.
OY, that bucket of paint must have had some temp damage from Snowmageddon. I worked the dickens out of it with the drill auger thing.

View attachment 377608

But cover it I did. A huge time hurdle overcome! I rewarded myself with more beer and a tiny brisket sammich.
Did you remember to paint the exposed edges?

Chapter 2 of "Knock some ugly off my house" or "A man's garage is his castle" started today.

About 2' high of landscape pavers covered the bottom of this eyesore for as long as I can remember.

View attachment 377600

That door hasn't opened in about 20 years, I just don't use it. And I can't see putting in a flimsy 400 dollar door just to get rid of the rotted mess.
I decided long ago to simply frame in the opening, then take the door apart from the inside and haul it to to dump.
Cut each one to size where it goes, as there's not a plumb wall anywhere in this lean-to.

View attachment 377601

On the ground and assemble.

View attachment 377602

Anticipating a little snugness, I got Dad's persuader hammer, which is my all time favorite.

View attachment 377603

Just a couple well placed whacks and we be snug as a bug.

View attachment 377604

Long screws into the frame of the garage, and she be tight. Time to cover.

View attachment 377605

Had to get the clamps off the display, and doing that will be often for those tools, and set up the trick Dad showed me long ago to cut like that.

View attachment 377606

And boom.

View attachment 377607

View attachment 377608

View attachment 377609

Now tomorrow I can finally rip that rotted old crap outta there! :sun:
Looks like a nice Texas Taco.

Well, that's done! Some of the old hardware didn't want to give up it's old home. amd when Mr. Wreckingbar couldn't make them leave, Mr. Sidegrinder completed the evictions.

DSCN0030.JPG

DSCN0031.JPG

And a little Neosporin for my arm, where a flaming cut off nut landed. I wasn't surprised, it had to happen. It always happens.
And perfectly centered to make me look like a fresh junkie.

DSCN0032.JPG

And then......... boom.

DSCN0033.JPG

The other side of the frame built just yesterday, what a surprise! More??

DSCN0034.JPG

Naaah. I tapped out and gave myself the rest of the day off. There's all sorts of little repairs to be done around that and a little concrete needs to be poured to match the garage floor level. Then some sort of brick or other barrier on the other side for the turd floater runoff we get.

Did you remember to paint the exposed edges?

Skipped on purpose until I get it all caulked up. Maybe tomorrow when I get home.
The first couple days of this week have some pretty sharp teeth.

I still see door track there , the most offending part of a garage door . My doors have one track in the slab that i blow the dirt out of at least once a week , takes all of ten seconds and one overhead track that has been greased once in 39 years .

I used a torch and a heat gun. It’s absolutely the wrong way to do it, but looks better than it did to begin with.

View attachment 376969

View attachment 376970
That’s a good hack. Got a scraped up fender on one of my bikes, guessing on of the PO had a spill. This afternoon I sanded it smooth all the way to 3k grit. Smooth but dull. Hit with a heat gun and got the luster to about 75%. Not perfect but not too noticeable either. Certainly more invisible than the nasty scrape and better than springing for a new fender

…also done today was install a Moose tail rack and and a tail

3C232BD8-B0E0-4A6B-B2AC-12D5555116BA.jpeg

bag on my DR. While I was at it I added two steel mounting loops on each side. Thought they might be useful on the ride at the end of the month out of Montgomery.

I still see door track there , the most offending part of a garage door .

One of my bench lights hangs from the old one. It'll get moved eventually.
The other one right next to the one in use gets things hung on it now and then, so it's in temporary reprieve.

My pickup is W/T model, which stands for work truck. After 27 years it was time to do some upgrading.

Two weeks ago I found a nice split seat to replace the old worn out work truck bench seat.

Then last week I swapped the entire dash out for a nicer one from a junkyard truck in Kansas, land of mild sun and less sun damage.

This week I tore out the rubber floor covering and did a clean, sound deadener install, and put a new carpet in.

IMG_8205.jpeg

IMG_8210.jpeg

IMG_8213.jpeg

IMG_8215.jpeg

IMG_8219.jpeg

I cannot figure out why the forum software rotates some of my pictures but not others. They are properly oriented until they upload and it rotates them. But just some of them…

My pickup is W/T model, which stands for work truck. After 27 years it was time to do some upgrading.

Two weeks ago I found a nice split seat to replace the old worn out work truck bench seat.

Then last week I swapped the entire dash out for a nicer one from a junkyard truck in Kansas, land of mild sun and less sun damage.

This week I tore out the rubber floor covering and did a clean, sound deadener install, and put a new carpet in.

View attachment 377670

View attachment 377677

View attachment 377674

View attachment 377676

View attachment 377678

I cannot figure out why the forum software rotates some of my pictures but not others. They are properly oriented until they upload and it rotates them. But just some of them…
Wow that is clean. Is that seat from a Tahoe or Suburban or maybe a mid grade Silverado?I had a ‘97 1500 SWB, 5.7L I bought new. Cheyenne, and it came with a bench seat. Went to a conversion shop back then just east of Dallas who had factory take offs and had them install factory buckets. Same color and pattern as yours. Apparently the wiring for power seats was already there even though I had a base truck. Your setup looks nice, and brings back the memories

Last edited:
Back