• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Why USPS is soooo efficient

Cycledelic Relic

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Last Name
Powers
Pardon me if you work for the USPS

Tracking info for my ebay purchase....
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Departed USPS Regional Destination Facility
FORT WORTH TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER
July 28, 2023, 10:56 am

Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
July 28, 2023, 7:57 am

In Transit to Next Facility
July 28, 2023, 7:15 am

In Transit to Next Facility
July 28, 2023, 4:29 am

Departed USPS Regional Facility
NORTH HOUSTON TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER
July 28, 2023, 2:13 am

NORTH HOUSTON TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER
July 28, 2023, 12:18 am

Departed USPS Facility
HOUSTON, TX 77032
July 28, 2023, 12:00 am

Arrived at USPS Facility
HOUSTON, TX 77032
July 27, 2023, 3:50 pm

July 26, 2023, 3:07 am

DALLAS TX LOGISTICS CENTER
July 26, 2023, 2:35 am

DALLAS TX LOGISTICS CENTER
July 25, 2023, 11:13 pm

CHICAGO IL NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
July 25, 2023, 6:47 am

Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
CHICAGO IL NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
July 24, 2023, 8:56 pm

Departed Post Office
LOWELL, IN 46356
July 24, 2023, 5:12 pm

USPS picked up item
LOWELL, IN 46356
July 24, 2023, 4:22 pm

Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
LOWELL, IN 46356
July 24, 2023, 11:43 am
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

The pkg went from Lowell IN to Dallas Tx in 1.5 days
Since that time...3 DAYS ago....it has travelled to FtWorth...Houston...FtWorth...& now on its way to Waco.....hopefully

Again...pardon me if you work for USPS

Yeah Yeah DeJoy has really messed it up bad. They've closed down so many sorting facilities (like here in College Station) that mail backtracks a ton to get anywhere. Anything we mail here in College Station has to travel to Houston before it goes anywhere.

I've gotten those loops, had one get to the Dallas Distribution Center and then go back out to Atlanta or somewhere. Stupid.

Funny: I used to work for Amazon. And they knew how to say the word 'Kaizen', but they sure didn't know how to do it.

Same experience. I ordered some moto stuff and it got to Houston from somewhere up in New England in one day. It then took another four days to get from Houston to Huntsville :doh:

At least you guys are getting your packages. My latest Amazon order with free shipping is hopelessly lost, and I live 1.7 miles from a distribution center.

At least you guys are getting your packages. My latest Amazon order with free shipping is hopelessly lost, and I live 1.7 miles from a distribution center.
I wonder if they would let you just come over and get it :-P

eh-hem !!!
Speaking on half of all who work at the Houston facility.
blah blah blah …
sorry ???
btw: regional offices like Bryan & Beaumont are now sorting their own mail.

...those pkgs do every once in a while jump into the wrong bin.
But have shipped over 10,000 pkgs via USPS....even to Moscow Russia [back before the current krazy].
Have literally only lost [1] one pkg and that one was into Canada.
Had one was to go to GA....it took the tourist route....went over to HI then wound its way over to GA finally.
All have ultimately gotten to their place....except [1] one.

All shippers/logistics companies have their occasional hiccups. By and large I think they do a darn good job, USPS included, forsooth.

If my pkg makes it to the Waco PO for my address....its usually delivered promptly...
However....sometime ago..I had a pkg make it to anuther Waco PO....only to be returned to the sender & then resent from the senders PO without issues.

Note the time it took for airmail to get to / from Guam in 1955.

Screenshot 2023-07-29 10.31.03 PM.png

upgraded my phone when they offered $1000 trade in on my old phone. new phone came express via fed ex and came with a prepaid return label for USPS. packaged it up and dropped it off at the post office, tracking shows it departed the Cleburne post office. still waiting for that truck to arrive in Fort Worth.. cost me a grand, I am ready to shut down the postal system.

I just got a part from RMATV via USPS 3 days early, and another part via USPS from China 5 days early.
I guess you guys just need to move to Dallas.

Back