• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Why USPS is soooo efficient

rear master cylinder on Honda develops a partial failure, I shop around and partzilla has it $13 less than everyone else, use the savings to pay for upgraded 3-5 day shipping.
a bit surprised when I get the notification it has shipped two day air via UPS thursday aug 31st.

08/31/2023
4:40 P.M.
Label Created
United States

it was shipping from Mesquite, TX 66 miles away, two day air.

Service

UPS 2nd Day Air®

09/02/2023
5:20 A.M.On the Way
Fort Worth, TX, United States 08/31/2023

two days later it has come 36 miles closer, and is scheduled for delivery on the 5th of september and I started this by ordering it last monday the 28th

This was ordered the 29th for delivery on the 31st via FedEx. Looks like they lost it at Hutchins as it was never scanned out, but it was scanned in today in Phoenix, but apparently too late to make it on today's delivery truck which means it will be Monday at the earliest for a scheduled Friday delivery, so I guess the USPS is not the only one that has glitches.

Screenshot 2023-09-02 7.21.40 PM.png

I did 36 years at USPS, trust me, i am not at all offended by your post. The problem is that they let any idiot be a Postmaster and/or a supervisor. You should see the clowns they let run these places, it's a joke.

This was ordered the 29th for delivery on the 31st via FedEx. Looks like they lost it at Hutchins as it was never scanned out, but it was scanned in today in Phoenix, but apparently too late to make it on today's delivery truck which means it will be Monday at the earliest for a scheduled Friday delivery, so I guess the USPS is not the only one that has glitches.

View attachment 359574
It actually made it to me on Sunday.

EDIT: NOT USPS fault
The seller is misleading customers as to the shipping location of these valve stems. Ebay seller info sez Los Angeles....tracking info first post shows Irving Tx leading me to believe these were drop shipped from a warehouse supplier.
I now suspect these were actually overseas & being shipped to LA & then Irving. This seller is off my list!!

On Its Way to USPS
Departed Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item
IRVING, TX 75038
September 20, 2023, 3:18 am
Shipping Partner: DING HONG
Arrived Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item
IRVING, TX 75038
September 20, 2023, 2:15 am
Picked Up by Shipping Partner, USPS Awaiting Item
IRVING, TX 75038
September 20, 2023, 1:15 am
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
IRVING, TX 75038
September 19, 2023, 8:09 pm

I bought these tire valve stems 9-19 @ 6am
Ebay ship location said Los Angeles
=============================
I bought these handlebar riser blocks 9-20 5pm
Shipped from FL

Delivered, Neighbor as Requested
WOODWAY, TX 76712
September 25, 2023, 4:37 pm
Out for Delivery
WOODWAY, TX 76712
September 25, 2023, 6:10 am
Arrived at Post Office
WACO, TX 76702
September 25, 2023, 4:33 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
WACO, TX 76702
September 25, 2023, 2:55 am
In Transit to Next Facility
September 25, 2023, 1:48 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility
FORT WORTH TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER
September 25, 2023, 12:59 am
In Transit to Next Facility
September 24, 2023
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
FORT WORTH TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER
September 23, 2023, 9:43 am
DALLAS TX LOGISTICS CENTER
September 23, 2023, 9:14 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
DALLAS TX LOGISTICS CENTER
September 23, 2023, 5:37 am
OPA LOCKA FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
September 22, 2023, 7:25 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
OPA LOCKA FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
September 22, 2023, 2:45 am
Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
HOLLYWOOD, FL 33024
September 22, 2023, 1:30 am
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
HOLLYWOOD, FL 33024
September 21, 2023, 8:14 am

They were delivered today
Go figger?

Last edited:
All carriers do crazy stuff if/when you really dig into tracking info, and it's something from Amazon... lot of times, Amazon is just blowing smoke trying to imply it's the end carrier when its really still within their network/hands. Quite a few orders that missed delivery guesstimate because Amazon was getting the package to the PO @ 11am+ on delivery day.

I am so mad I can taste it! I ordered a new fruit phone after a long wait it showed to be shipped via UPS after 8 days they showed it to be out for delivery last friday and I would have it by 7pm. well when 10:30pm rolled around the status change to " we will update the delivery date when there is a delivery date" which I translate to "I will never see that phone" complicating things is I have to trade in my "old" phone and it has to be there in 14 days or no trade in credit and that box came nice and fast and we are already one week down. call the fruit people fight with robot over lord for 10 minutes till it gets tired of playing games and passes me off to a live minion and after pulling teeth states that they have to give ups 48 hours after scheduled deliver date before they can even request a track I explain it was scheduled for delivery friday this is tuesday 96 hours have passed. she himmed and hawed saying I can change it to a pick up from a UPS hub. surprise no you can't I even signed up for the completely useless customer junk at ups and you can not change the delivery of something they don't have a clue where it is.

Tis the season... for delays.

It took two days to move the 25 miles within the USPS system from my local post office to the regional center in Phoenix, yet they say that it's going to be delivered by 9 pm TODAY in Little Rock AR which is only 1,200 miles away although it hasn't left the Tolleson facility yet. ;-)

Screenshot 2023-12-01 7.39.58 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-12-01 7.43.18 AM.png

My local mail delivery usually gets to the house about noon to 2 pm. Today it was 6 pm. I'm guessing that like UPS, they are going to be pulling down some serious overtime in the next few weeks.

Amazon has been on a roll...

6 Delays notifications in a one week period.

...one came in via Usps, got a message it was out for delivery, 30 minutes later that it was on 'hold' at the customers request.
Went to the post office, lady went to check with the carrier who tried to state that we don't have a receptacle... I responded that we've got a black mailbox with our address on it, then I pointed out it wouldn't 'fit' in it. Guessing it was actually large enough the carrier wasnt able to get it on/off the truck by herself, so she flagged it to be 'held'.

Attachments

• amazon late list.jpg
    amazon late list.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 20
Just one Amazon delay for me last week and that's the first one in forever.

My two USPS packages I'm tracking that left my house on Monday have diverged. One has left the west Phoenix facility on it's way to Texas and they say it will be delivered on Monday. The other one going to Arkansas has been sitting in the west Phoenix facility since 9 am on Thursday and hasn't moved. They say it's delayed but that's all. For the second day in a row my local carrier delivered the mail at 6 pm.

There is a 1970 book about time travel called Time and Again that takes place in 1800s New York City, and I remember reading about how the mail was delivered multiple times a day; I think the number was four. The novel mixes in historical fact with the fiction and the postal deliveries was one of the facts.

Houston appears to be the place where packages go to die...

Screenshot 2023-12-06 7.46.41 PM.png

I have five other packages going via ground to various places around the country. For some reason they all checked in at the Albuq center and are now in transit from there. One of the five is going to Alamogordo and like the airlines today, "you can't there from here"... the package is currently in El Paso. ;-)

My mail carrier was delivering my mail at 7pm the other day! Im not even close to being the last house on their route....

I have a pkg of small parts that was shipped from China on Nov 24th. Shows arrival in Bensonville IL on the 30th. In Carrollton Tx on Sat the 2nd & transferred to Waco PO that day.....nuthin more as of yet.

Last edited:
From Phoenix:
Shipped on Nov 30th... delivered in Houston today
Shipped on Dec 4th... delivered on Long Island, NY today
:doh:

My current package coming from Revzilla has been in Houston for over a week now, lost in the system... :roll:
Good to know it’s not just me cause I have a Klim Hardanger suit that shipped on Nov. 25 and has been in transit from Missouri City since the 27th. Maybe the carrier is on a GS taking the long way around.
A7F5A85E-9528-423F-AF4A-2CE56A67536E.png

All democrats in the postal service in houston , you dont seriously think anything will work efficiently do you ? The only post office i will go to is in back of a ace hardware store . Problem is thats where everybody else goes too , its been discovered . If i need to do business at a post office i go when im in Wyoming in the summer .

From lost packages that never show up to those that get replaced by the seller/vendor only to have the original package randomly show up weeks or months later after the seller/vendor has already claimed insurance on them to packages that sit at the local distribution center for days without moving, it's always something with USPS. I have a good buddy who works for them and the amount of outright abuse of the system by lazy employees is baffling. Union reps show them how to use and abuse the system from day one and get away with it, from showing up late, calling out for weeks on end, to outright not working a single day for a year or more all while still keeping their job and benefits without termination. It's one of the most inefficient and misused federal programs out there and that's saying something lol.

Last edited:
Better yet - wife says it was not delivered to our house this morning
Showed up yesterday - local postmaser said it was delivered to wrong address
1 day trip, 6 just sight-seeing around Houston, 2 sight-seeing around Sealy/Cat Spring

I knew a guy who was a "Christmas" hire for the USPS. When a package said FRAGILE, they tossed it underhand.

Back