• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Why USPS is soooo efficient

Waiting on anuther usps pkg....
Shipped from Marquette MI on the 4th
It arrived in Milwaukee WI yesterday...the 9th

300mi 5hr drive

UPDATE: in DFW on 11th...delivered in Waco on 12th

Last edited:
I placed an order from RGM in the UK for some Norton parts. Got them in 3 days by UPS.
Using the postal service it would still be sitting in the UK (Royal Mail) or US customs somewhere.
Private industry does things so much better than government run ones.
I remember a conversation with a postal worked a few years ago. She told me the Congress had mandated that the USPS pay for retirement compensation before they even hired the person. Not being a postal worker, I would find that difficult to believe.

Good to know it’s not just me cause I have a Klim Hardanger suit that shipped on Nov. 25 and has been in transit from Missouri City since the 27th. Maybe the carrier is on a GS taking the long way around.
View attachment 370177
13884C4C-D3DC-47F2-8214-D1E3F9FCC9F1.png

Day 16, Klim Onesie arrived at a post office 8 miles from my house yay! Oh wait, they shipped it back to Houston 🤬😢 where it’s been circling for two weeks.

I had two packages at my front door scheduled for pick up yesterday because they were too large for the mailbox. The mail carrier drove right on past and never stopped to get them. Fortunately for me, they go to the end of the street, turn around and come right past me again so I just carried them across the street. She gave me some lame excuse about the regular driver not being there but I don't know what that has to do with a notice to pick up my boxes. She was running about 4-5 hours late.

Everything mailed prior to yesterday has made it to their destinations even if they were delayed by several days, and the two that were picked up yesterday heading to Houston were in the main PHX facility at 3 this morning, much faster than the ones shipped at the end of November.

My mail carrier was delivering my mail at 7pm the other day! Im not even close to being the last house on their route....

I have a pkg of small parts that was shipped from China on Nov 24th. Shows arrival in Bensonville IL on the 30th. In Carrollton Tx on Sat the 2nd & transferred to Waco PO that day.....nuthin more as of yet.

The pkg made it from Carrollton to Waco in 11 days....gotta be a record

I sent a check to California on November 27th, still no sign of it. Christmas gift in the system since the 28th no updates or movement. USPS is certainly outdoing themselves this year lol.

The pkg made it from Carrollton to Waco in 11 days....gotta be a record
The Pony Express could deliver a letter from St Joseph in Missouri to Sacramento California in 10 days. :doh:

I sent two packages from Phoenix to an address in Houston on Dec 9th and they were delivered yesterday. Amazing.

Last edited:
I just submitted a claim for a bowl that was mailed on 12/03, rejected on 12/08 saying insufficient address - returning to sender, and that's the last I've heard of it. This should be interesting.

I just submitted a claim for a bowl that was mailed on 12/03, rejected on 12/08 saying insufficient address - returning to sender, and that's the last I've heard of it. This should be interesting.

I had an international package that the local post office lost and refused to make good on the insurance claim. I paid for a replacement four months later, it was delivered within a week from Poland and three days later the original package was delivered as well. USPS is a joke.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240123_074328_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20240123_074328_eBay.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 12
We now have five packages in either the North Houston or Missouri City offices. Two of these packages have been sitting there for 13 days.

Last week the mail delivery person left 2 soft pkgs & several letters in my box. They were for the address further down the road...so I left them in mailbox & raised the pickup flag.
Next day....all still there...flag still raised......
>>> & an xtra letter delivered for me!
So I made a sign stating NOT MY MAIL in large print & put it in the box facing the door.
Pkgs & letters gone next day

Its frustrating. I get it. I want my stuff today too.

Despite all their problems, USPS is still one of the few places left where you can get something for <$1.
You can send a letter or card clear across the country, even to AK or HI for 68cents.
No other shipping company or delivery service can do that.

We have an aunt in CA that sends us greeting cards all year long. We are thankful for that.

Its frustrating. I get it. I want my stuff today too.

Despite all their problems, USPS is still one of the few places left where you can get something for <$1.
You can send a letter or card clear across the country, even to AK or HI for 68cents.
No other shipping company or delivery service can do that.

We have an aunt in CA that sends us greeting cards all year long. We are thankful for that.

Nah, they get zero passes from me. I have two buddies that work for them as well and if you only knew the crap going on there on a daily basis you'd never give them another cent. They SUCK!!!

Arizona isn't untouched either. I used to get my mail delivered between 11 am and 2 pm. Lately it's been 5 pm - 7 pm. And Christmas was a month ago.

I asked the carrier if they were short-staffed and he said they were, but that wasn't the biggest issue; he said people are still ordering packages as if it was still pre-Christmas.

My guess is that a lot of folks got gift cards as presents and they are putting those to use.

Grrr. Package supposed to be delivered today. Now delayed till tomorrow because it took a day and a half for this?

Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
DALLAS TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER
January 30, 2024, 12:54 pm

Departed USPS Regional Facility
DALLAS TX LOGISTICS CENTER
January 29, 2024, 6:47 am

I have one over a month out now. Don’t trust the tracking and it’s constant movement, their entire system is jacked.

Back