• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

RIDE TO EAT: Aprils MEETnGreetnEAT..With a Ride on the side

We are taking a good look at the prognostications and are considering parade options. An audible seems the wisest approach. I lost a windshield to hail laat week. It would have been much less pleasant bad it been a visor. :-/

It's Spring and wild weather is the norm. There is a system moving through this weekend. The National Weather Bureau forecast for Meridan is mainly high winds: around 25-28 mph with gusts in the 30's Saturday and Sunday. There's a chance of rain but less than a tenth on Sunday. It's going to be a learning experience for me. I've never tried to set a tent up in high winds nor listened to the fabric rattle and shake as I tried to sleep in it. I'm bringing steel tent stakes. I hope my little mid priced REI tent is well built. It's easy to dream of long motorcycle trips to a faraway place but this will be a reality check for this fair weather cyclist.

I also checked the weather forecast for Weatherford. The wind will be worse and the chance of a severe storm better. It won't be fun fighting the wind and looking at worrisome clouds. The parade was a good idea a week ago but not so now. Even in a audible, side winds can keep you awake. The forecast for Sunday afternoon is a little worse and the return trip up North on a motorcycle might be frightening but definitely fatiguing.

Wind does take its toll on a little guy like Q. Sticking to lower speed byways helps but also prolongs exposure. I just don't want to get clocked by baseball sized hail. That would definitely harsh the ride buzz :-)

Depending on your sites at Meridian, you will get some protection from the trees. On the other hand, you will likely get pelted with tree bits. For hangers, hammock tilt-a-whirl! In my head, it's hilarious!

It's Spring and wild weather is the norm. There is a system moving through this weekend. The National Weather Bureau forecast for Meridan is mainly high winds: around 25-28 mph with gusts in the 30's Saturday and Sunday. There's a chance of rain but less than a tenth on Sunday. It's going to be a learning experience for me. I've never tried to set a tent up in high winds nor listened to the fabric rattle and shake as I tried to sleep in it. I'm bringing steel tent stakes. I hope my little mid priced REI tent is well built. It's easy to dream of long motorcycle trips to a faraway place but this will be a reality check for this fair weather cyclist.

I also checked the weather forecast for Weatherford. The wind will be worse and the chance of a severe storm better. It won't be fun fighting the wind and looking at worrisome clouds. The parade was a good idea a week ago but not so now. Even in a audible, side winds can keep you awake. The forecast for Sunday afternoon is a little worse and the return trip up North on a motorcycle might be frightening but definitely fatiguing.

I will help you set up when I get there if you need help. I am using my new one for the first time so it might be a adventure in itself. Looking forward to getting away from work and enjoying my friends. KP

And remember, the faster you go, the less road contact you have. So gauge your speed in the high crosswinds.
Be safe y'all.

I've rode in some of the worst weather before but was caught in it unexpectedly, back then we didn't have cell phones etc.
Didn't have rain gear and still don't largely because we have so much technology! But it's on my 'to get' list near the bottom.
I remember vividly travelling with a paper map and watching the sky for weather changes!
I have my fingers crossed, still looking forward to meeting everyone, good eats and do some riding etc.
Fortunate for me to be about 1-1/2 hrs or less away from Dublin, I can decide late morning. We will see...

I've rode in some of the worst weather before but was caught in it unexpectedly, back then we didn't have cell phones etc.
Didn't have rain gear and still don't largely because we have so much technology! But it's on my 'to get' list near the bottom.
I remember vividly travelling with a paper map and watching the sky for weather changes!
I have my fingers crossed, still looking forward to meeting everyone, good eats and do some riding etc.
Fortunate for me to be about 1-1/2 hrs or less away from Dublin, I can decide late morning. We will see...

The Dublin area has a 70% chance of NO RAIN Sunday.:rofl::sun:

PATIENCE just crawled up in her cocoon(trlr) & said WAKE ME WHEN THE CHANCE OF STORMS HAS PASSED :giveup:

she was, also, mumbling something about protecting her show quality paint job :rofl:

as for THE PARADE, sorry folks, would've been a good ride, under happier skies & gentler breezes

sw & CHILI, the wonder monkey(in training)

PATIENCE just crawled up in her cocoon(trlr) & said WAKE ME WHEN THE CHANCE OF STORMS HAS PASSED :giveup:

she was, also, mumbling something about protecting her show quality paint job :rofl:

as for THE PARADE, sorry folks, would've been a good ride, under happier skies & gentler breezes

sw & CHILI, the wonder monkey(in training)

Truck pool down!!!:trust:

Things are changing here. Don't know if I can make it.

Already paid for campsite for Sat night at MSP. Someone else can have it if I can't make it.

Ordered side racks from place in CA. Shipped to wrong addy, they were shipped back.
Emailed the guy and he said he would send another set, just pay postage, which I did.
Have not heard from him with any tracking code, nothing.

Are you still going? Still have the campsite available?

Two people can camp at one site. IS there two going to be there? You could set up with Bob if you need. I can get a hold of him if you want. KP

The thing is they could not xfer the reservation to Bob, it had to stay in my name, listed as me being there also. Had to add Bob to it as well as keeping me listed. I told them I could not come.

The Dublin area has a 70% chance of NO RAIN Sunday.:rofl::sun:

KP I have been checking the hourly forecasts on W underground and Weather channel.
Although slightly different they both are saying the chance of rain after 11 am Sunday falls quickly throughout the day. Best chance of rain here (China Spring) and Dublin is early am and 40% only.
So it is looking better.... and if it stays that way I'm riding :rider: :eat: :rider: :mrgreen:

KP I have been checking the hourly forecasts on W underground and Weather channel.
Although slightly different they both are saying the chance of rain after 11 am Sunday falls quickly throughout the day. Best chance of rain here (China Spring) and Dublin is early am and 40% only.
So it is looking better.... and if it stays that way I'm riding :rider: :eat: :rider: :mrgreen:

See you there.:sun:

Heading that direction here any time with chricahua. Gotta make one stop at Wally world then be right on over. KP

Back