• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

RIDE TO EAT: Aprils MEETnGreetnEAT..With a Ride on the side

You meet the greatest people on a Motocickle. Great time camping. Great time eating and riding. Thanks for the great route suggestion home Ron! KP thanks for the invite.

Hey Chiricahua,

Loved your bike and, awesome wheelie!:mrgreen:

Last edited:
You meet the greatest people on a Motocickle. Great time camping. Great time eating and riding. Thanks for the great route suggestion home Ron! KP thanks for the invite.

Thanks for coming and camping along with the twisty short cut to camp. Thanks to everyone who made it to eat and camp.

Hope the KLR has dried out and running 100%.

Anyone take some inside pictures to post,please do. We had a weather disaster but still 10 crazy folks showed their wet faces. We left puddles inside especially around chiricahua and DFWTom.

Saw a yellow wing on the way home with a trailer being loaded onto a wrecker. Not sure what happen there.

Anyhow thank you all for participating. Hope that next time mother nature will be a little kinder.:sun: KP

Drew, I had a great time. Meridian State Park's tent-only-area is full hammock poles (de-limbed, tall, cedar trees). Could easily accommodate fifty suspended swingers, if the rangers didn't patrol it so closely. I think one of their vehicles past slowly by every half hour just to admire our bikes. The cedars trees also blocked the wind, so the weather didn't bother me. It was dry Sunday morning until we reached Meridian. I decided to believe the dark clouds and put my waterproof liners on. The rain wasn't heavy but did make the ride a little more of an accomplishment. Enjoyed the food and service at Granny's. Bob's light string had red solo cups , beer mugs, and wine glasses in it. It was the best in the Park. None of our group was rowdy enough to attract the officials attention. Catskinner did have a discussion with the One-Who-Jails about a number discrepancy on his paperwork but she parted without causing pain. Thanks Bob, for the chili and hot dog. Otherwise I would have eaten something a lot less satisfying. Rod always reminds me, by his and everybody else's motorcycling skill, that I need to have the courage and confidence to lean my bike over more rather than slow down on the curves. Chiricahua gave me a seminar on properly upgrading my KLR. That was one of those fortunate things that happens during a TWT campout. The actual face to face time is too short at lunch. That's why I always camp, if possible.

Last edited:
That's cool to know about the hammock trees. I'm a long-time hammock camper but had never heard of Meridian State Park until I stumbled onto this thread.

Rates seem reasonable too. Is it a pretty decent park to camp in? Noisy? Crowded?

Drew, I had a great time. Meridian State Park's tent-only-area is full hammock poles (de-limbed, tall, cedar trees). Could easily accommodate fifty suspended swingers, if the rangers didn't patrol it so closely. I think one of their vehicles past slowly by every half hour just to admire our bikes. The cedars trees also blocked the wind, so the weather didn't bother me. It was dry Sunday morning until we reached Meridian. I decided to believe the dark clouds and put my waterproof liners on. The rain wasn't heavy but did make the ride a little more of an accomplishment. Enjoyed the food and service at Granny's. Bob's light string had red solo cups , beer mugs, and wine glasses in it. It was the best in the Park. None of our group was rowdy enough to attract the officials attention. Catskinner did have a discussion with the One-Who-Jails about a number discrepancy on his paperwork but she parted without causing pain. Thanks Bob, for the chili and hot dog. Otherwise I would have eaten something a lot less satisfying. Rod always reminds me, by his and everybody else's motorcycling skill, that I need to have the courage and confidence to lean my bike over more rather than slow down on the curves. Chiricahua gave me a seminar on properly upgrading my KLR. That was one of those fortunate things that happens during a TWT campout. The actual face to face time is too short at lunch. That's why I always camp, if possible.

That's cool to know about the hammock trees. I'm a long-time hammock camper but had never heard of Meridian State Park until I stumbled onto this thread.

Rates seem reasonable too. Is it a pretty decent park to camp in? Noisy? Crowded?

I missed all the fun. :headbang:

It the first time I've been there but compared to Garner it was a quite, peaceful place. As far as I can tell, it was sold out but it has a limited number of RV and camp spaces, so, it can't get too crowded. The tent-only-area is in a little bit of wooded bottom land. The only down side is the highway to Meridian is about fifty foot away but the vegetation kinda gives privacy and the traffic wasn't noisy, except when that group six Harleys that rumbled by :) If you're in the area it's worth taking a look. Bob's RV site wasn't tent friendly (rocky and hilly) but it did have trees that could support a hammock.

I missed all the fun. :headbang:

Camping is a gamble. This time, it was good. Weather was mild. Five TWT'ers were there. We enjoyed each others company. On last July's and August's Pie Runs, camping was a sweat bath. Wise, experienced people don't summer tent camp in most of Texas. I wasn't either of those and got dehydrated quickly. Spring and Fall are the prime times. Even Winter camping is better than a hot night in a tent. Maybe a hammock would be a little better but I doubt it would be comfortable in Stephan F. Austin State Park. So, be there in Kerrville for Bob's April's campout and don't miss the Fall season.

Camping is a gamble. This time, it was good. Weather was mild. Five TWT'ers were there. We enjoyed each others company. On last July's and August's Pie Runs, camping was a sweat bath. Wise, experienced people don't summer tent camp in most of Texas. I wasn't either of those and got dehydrated quickly. Spring and Fall are the prime times. Even Winter camping is better than a hot night in a tent. Maybe a hammock would be a little better but I doubt it would be comfortable in Stephan F. Austin State Park. So, be there in Kerrville for Bob's April's campout and don't miss the Fall season.

I sorta happy I did not go. I was going to stay in that area playing and not come back till today. I sometimes wonder if not getting my racks in on time might have kept me from a bad wreck riding home in the rain/storm that has been going on in this area and to the southwest.

Hot weather camping does not bother me in the least.
Cold is a different story.

Note about meridian state park. The water and electric sites are listed as suitable for a 20' trailer. THEY ARE NOT! Our site was way too small for my 16' trailer. Lucky that the other campers had left when we pulled out I had to drive through the middle of two other campsites to get out without taking out ant trees.

If there with a trailer, spring the extra $5 for the full hookup sites. Much larger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Chiricahua,

Loved your bike and, awesome wheelie!:mrgreen:

Thanks, it was great talking story with you and the Zepher!

Here's the latest vid I uploaded while on route to the campout.

[ame="http://youtu.be/xz7UaJx3J9k"]GoPro Kickstand Pivot Pegz view - YouTube[/ame]

I'm glad it didnt rain too hard:doh: Had the best ride home in the dirt, saw some deer, cattle and a very fast red foxx. Along with some turkey looking bird and some big Jack Wabbits.

BeemerlessBob, thanks for the hospitality with the dawgs and chilli. Make sure you thank your wife for me again. And it was great sharing Baja stories and visitng with you two. Hope I didnt keep you up too long.

Hope to do it again soon.
Ride on, be safe! (But have fun)

Note about meridian state park. The water and electric sites are listed as suitable for a 20' trailer. THEY ARE NOT! Our site was way too small for my 16' trailer. Lucky that the other campers had left when we pulled out I had to drive through the middle of two other campsites to get out without taking out ant trees.

If there with a trailer, spring the extra $5 for the full hookup sites. Much larger.

Yes we all were nervous about you getting out okay. Thank you for the hot dogs and the company. Your lucky the rain was flooding out bikes and causing them to run ruff. The food was really good at Grannys. I got full quick and did not eat as much as normal. The chicken fried steak and fried chicken was very good and tasty. I have had the crud for two weeks and was not feeling 100%. KP

Everybody got a big kick about the heavily modified KLR. You got the Zep man really thinking. How did she so on the way home? KP

Lol. Thanks Drew. It did fine, everything was dry. Zephyr has it bad for the mods. He's gonna have some fun.
Those guys hooked me up with some dirt roads on the way home and I was in pig Heaven. Got home about two hours layer but it was the cherry on top of a great camp and ride and meet n greet!
Been trying to upload some pix but it's not working yet.

Lol. Thanks Drew. It did fine, everything was dry. Zephyr has it bad for the mods. He's gonna have some fun.
Those guys hooked me up with some dirt roads on the way home and I was in pig Heaven. Got home about two hours layer but it was the cherry on top of a great camp and ride and meet n greet!
Been trying to upload some pix but it's not working yet.

Don't get him started.:lol2: Loved the short cut road to camp with all the nice curves.:trust:

:)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 208
When / where is next Sunday RTE?

Normally it would be the 11th but it is mothers day trying to see if the 18th might work. What do you think??? Really do not want to interfere with mothers day festivities. KP

Back