• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Honda Transalp 750

While pricing hasn't been officially announced in Europe, one website reports that pricing will be 10,199 euros for the gray or black version and 10,499 euros for the tricolor one. Transalp is set to go on sale in March. No announcement for the US yet.

The end of the video shows that the bike does not have cruise control. It's not a feature I use but may be some of you guys will care.

458 lbs 90 hp transalp 750
470 lbs 83 hp v strom 800de
412 lbs 80 hp tuareg 660
452 lbs 72 hp tenere 700

Would love to try all, then decide.
So many variables to weigh. Reliability, cost,hp ,weight,torque, smoothness, ride ability (cruise), COST $ etc,etc. THIS IS GETTING GOOD👍

458 lbs 90 hp transalp 750
470 lbs 83 hp v strom 800de
412 lbs 80 hp tuareg 660
452 lbs 72 hp tenere 700

Would love to try all, then decide.
So many variables to weigh. Reliability, cost,hp ,weight,torque, smoothness, ride ability (cruise), COST $ etc,etc. THIS IS GETTING GOOD👍

One of those things is not like the others. You've a dry weight listed for Tuareg and wet weights listed for the others. I think you'll find it's also in the 450 range wet.

Last edited:
One of those things is not like the others. You've a dry weight listed for Tuareg and wet weights listed for the others. I think you'll find it's also in the 450 range wet.
No William, I did a quick look, not going through the fine points for sure. Let the fact checkers do that. Notice I was not making pronouncements.

9,499 Euro equals

$10,113.11 United States Dollar

great price if it ever arrives here. Wonder why they wait ?

What country did you see 9500 Euros? The advertised price Europe includes 19-25% tax depending on county.
Upt, you fellas caught me, just making it all up as I go:lol2:

On a video. Why do they wait? manufacturing capacity? Is Europe considered best market for mc sales?

If they put cruise control on it, I will trade in my T7! Maybe! I bet that as soon as they announce it's US arrival it will be backordered for months!!!

If they put cruise control on it, I will trade in my T7! Maybe! I bet that as soon as they announce it's US arrival it will be backordered for months!!!
From what I have read so far the T7 appears to be on the dirtier side, which makes my well farkled T7 the bike for me.

Why can't someone get this niche right? Blows me away. I would love to know the facts behind why they won't build it. I might have some respect if you told me that the big makers worry nobody would buy big thumpers and nobody would buy bigger twins.....if they got this size bike right, like they use to.

1685473315508.png

Why can't someone get this niche right? Blows me away. I would love to know the facts behind why they won't build it. I might have some respect if you told me that the big makers worry nobody would buy big thumpers and nobody would buy bigger twins.....if they got this size bike right, like they use to.

1685473315508.png

I think they problem is that it's just that, a niche. The bike tire looking for is unlikely to have mass market appeal. Seems like the mid to large size road oriented adventure bikes are the hot ticket for the general market in this segment. Hence we keep getting more of them

I paid 4600 plus for my new 1990 red transalp 600. Tube tires, no offroad ability. Wimpy single disc on front . Fun bike for my wife to start adv touring on.

Back