• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Honda Transalp 750

I think it looks good for what it is. It's a Honda. Fit and finish are always excellent IMO.

But the seat... Is it just me? But being trapped in a scooped out pocket where you can't move around just doesn't seem appealing. Instead of sitting inside the bike, I want to sit on top of this. I think I'd want a flatter seat from front to back, like a dirt bike. Just take the height at the rear and continue to the tank at that seat height.
You’ve never sat on or ridden the bike and you’re already bashing it lmao

There will be all kinds of skid plates from the aftermarket before you know it. In a lot of markets the bike will only be used on blacktop so there is no need for a skid plate. That said, here is the factory Honda set up:

Fully loaded
vgg-vice-grip-garage.gif

2024 TRANSALP​

$13,954.00TOTAL MSRP​

Destination Charge: $400.00
Freight Surcharge: $200
base-image-0
base-image-1
Screen
PassengerPegs
Grips
NA
NA
NA
NA
NA
NA
Saddle
NA
NA
NA
NA
NA
NA
NA
NA
GripEndCaps
RiderPegs

BUILD SUMMARY​

Last edited:
Fully loaded
$13,954.00TOTAL MSRP
Destination Charge: $400.00
Freight Surcharge: $200

OMG that's quite the markup from $9,999. 40% above MSRP. Plus fees and TTL. Thanks, Brian. I am not ready to shell out for a new bike, but I wouldn't be blazing a trail to that establishment. I was willing to pay a little extra for my CRF a couple of years ago but 40% is outrageous. Hopefully there's more to this story ... maybe they include a golden skid plate.

I got a flat tire riding my wife's beautiful brand new 1990 Transalp on the way home from the dealership. I'd just paid a whopping $4,500 otd and I had a flat so it was DOA. Had to get a trailer to get it back to the shop. That was way back in the days of antiquity, of tube tires on adventure tourers. Oh wait....

I'm still in the Yamaha Tenere 700 camp for a big ADV bike that has a surprising capability for some dirt. My real unicorn...no such thing really...is the one Europe is getting that has all the Rally Raid options for suspension and performance. Oh, and on the saddle?...there's a reason the T7 has a flat seat. I'm not really bashing the Transalp, and if it gets used like 90% of ADV will use these bikes, it may be a better choice where a dirt road is as tough at it gets. Otherwise the T7 meets the middle of the road better than the Transalp IMO.

I just don't understand the tube hate. Carry the right tools and skills and it's not that big of a deal.
BUT if we dismiss tubes, that only leaves
WEIGHTS (<500<400<300<bla bla)...
MATT PAINT...
PAINT COLOURS
P/TWIN vs.V/TWINS vs.TRIPLES...
ABS/DISABLE NONE, BOTH, REAR ONLY...
CAST WHEELS/SPOKE WHEELS...
SEAT SHAPES^^^
Just to mention a few, it falls short of my needs, my wants, and my desires... I could be wrong...
First world problems...
Carry On 😎

Last edited:
I am firm believer the Trans Alp is a bike designed for Europe as a mid sized all roads bike where there is almost not dirt to ride on, just like the original was.

As a general use street bike it will be great for a lot of people. Its only a few hours work with some sealant and 3M tape from being tubeless if its that big a deal to someone.

I just don't understand the tube hate. Carry the right tools and skills and it's not that big of a deal.

Do some long self supported solo rides with treks off the beaten path and you'll change your mind quick on that. Best case you're delayed 30 minutes using up a $20 tube versus 5 minutes with a 50 cent plug. Easy to carry a dozen plugs and extra rubber cement for repeats. How many tubes would you carry?

Do some long self supported solo rides with treks off the beaten path and you'll change your mind quick on that. Best case you're delayed 30 minutes using up a $20 tube versus 5 minutes with a 50 cent plug. Easy to carry a dozen plugs and extra rubber cement for repeats. How many tubes would you carry?

One spare of each size and a patch kit is what I carry. I don't get many flats, but I have had a handful. They're inconvenient for sure, but manageable.

Honestly, even if I had a tubeless setup, I'd want tubes if I was going truly remote. There's flats that can't be fixed with a plug.

I run tubeless on my bigger Adventure bikes including my S10 (factory tubeless), Africa Twin (taped wheels) and T7 (taped wheels).

I still carry one tube for each wheel when doing off the beaten path travel along with the necessary tools in case something bad happens where I bend a rim that will no longer hold air tubeless. I figure I get the best of both worlds this way.

To each his own i guess. But i think Jesus once said, "there are no more flat tires i heaven, despite the fact your new pain free heavenly body is certainly capable of changing one of those old tube style wheels in less than 2 hours".

I look at it from a transportation angle. Riding in to work, I would rather have a 10-15 minute delay plugging a tire than have to hustle the wheel off the bike and show up to work even later while dirty and sweaty. Besides looking for an easier way to do things as I age, I just plain suck and changing out tubes anyway. For ME street use big bike = Tubless. That’s just me though….

Back