• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HONDA XR650L OWNER'S SIGN IN

That pilot is a scam. I responded to the add. I think he said he was military . Out of the country . :angryfire probably more closer to 7k

That pilot is a scam. I responded to the add. I think he said he was military . Out of the country . :angryfire probably more closer to 7k

Yeah, I think you're right. I answered the email too, this is the response:

"Lauren Gillmore lauren.gil@msn.com to me

show details 3:11 PM (41 minutes ago)

Hello,

Sorry it has taken so long to get back in touch with you.
First of all let me say that the Honda Pilot FL400R is in excellent condition, run perfect and I have a clear title. I don't want to get rich by it's selling, just want to give it to someone who will take good care of it. I'm an US Navy Seaman currently stationed in Portsmouth, NH and the ATV is here with me, I can have it shipped from here so there won't be any shipping costs for you. Also I can arrange for a truck to transport it to your home address or you can pick it up from the nearest airport in your area. The shipping takes around 48 hours and is free, depending on your location. If you are interested in purchasing the ATV contact me back so I can provide you with more information. The ATV has around 120 hours , year 1989, Automatic Transmission, 400 cc Engine, 2-Wheel drive.

Thanks and God bless.

PS. Sorry for the long email I've tried to touch all bases"

Why would someone go to the trouble of selling and shipping for $1000 less than they could get on ebay? Scam.

hey ya'll........... myself..bigman..grasshopper..
just came across a 96XR400 for sale..at a small bike shop called
WWW.THEHOLESHOT.COM...by hwy-59-north an fm1960...
there asking $1000 for it however the man said he would let it go for $800
YES it has a title.. it need's blinker's an a tail lite..some TLC
it has some bling on it..WHITEBROTHER'S pipe tire's looked darn near new.
barkbuster's oversized tank all plastic's are white
the man to talk too is named TOM LANDELS (shop owner)
shop # 281-359-6686. sorry NO pic's did'nt have my camera........

well that's all for know XR-RIDER'S :rider:
later..........lonnie......

Last edited:
Yeah, I think you're right. I answered the email too, this is the response:

"Lauren Gillmore lauren.gil@msn.com to me

show details 3:11 PM (41 minutes ago)

Hello,

Sorry it has taken so long to get back in touch with you.
First of all let me say that the Honda Pilot FL400R is in excellent condition, run perfect and I have a clear title. I don't want to get rich by it's selling, just want to give it to someone who will take good care of it. I'm an US Navy Seaman currently stationed in Portsmouth, NH and the ATV is here with me, I can have it shipped from here so there won't be any shipping costs for you. Also I can arrange for a truck to transport it to your home address or you can pick it up from the nearest airport in your area. The shipping takes around 48 hours and is free, depending on your location. If you are interested in purchasing the ATV contact me back so I can provide you with more information. The ATV has around 120 hours , year 1989, Automatic Transmission, 400 cc Engine, 2-Wheel drive.

Thanks and God bless.

PS. Sorry for the long email I've tried to touch all bases"

Why would someone go to the trouble of selling and shipping for $1000 less than they could get on ebay? Scam.
this is the email i got. below is her reply back to me and so on

As i told you i am stuck here in this base and i have restrictions in communicating due to the medical and physical exams that i have to complete. If you are really interested in buying it I have to let you know that I want a fast deal.
The transaction will close only through eBay so we both will be protected.
I want eBay because as they are the biggest US company and I think that we can close this deal fast and safe for both of us. I don't have to much time and also I am not very familiar with the internet transactions and eBay is the only one I know. Please let me explain how this transaction works. In order to complete this deal the payment must be sent to eBay. As soon as they receive the payment will notify me to start with delivery. After that you will receive all information about delivery. eBay will hold your payment until you receive and inspect the ATV (you have 3 days for inspection) If you will find the smallest problem with the ATV you will ship it back on my expense and eBay will make you a full refund.
If interested I need your contact info for eBay, full name and shipping address so we can proceed.

im willing to come pick it up today, now???? no need to ship. i can be anywhere today in the lower 48 states. cash in hand, no need for ebay.

Ok I will wait for you today. The address is Bldg H-23 Code 833 Portsmouth NH 03804 and my name is Lauren Gillmore.

hey ya'll........... myself..bigman..grasshopper..
just came across a 96XR400 for sale..at a small bike shop called
WWW.THEHOLESHOT.COM...by hwy-59-north an fm1960...
there asking $1000 for it however the man said he would let it go for $800
YES it has a title.. it need's blinker's an a tail lite..some TLC
it has some bling on it..WHITEBROTHER'S pipe tire's looked darn near new.
barkbuster's oversized tank all plastic's are white
the man to talk too is named TOM LANDELS (shop owner)
shop # 281-359-6686. sorry NO pic's did'nt have my camera........

well that's all for know XR-RIDER'S :rider:
later..........lonnie......

That's a good deal if someone (one of your buddies <wink wink>) wants to jump in cheap. I ride a 96 xr400. Since it already has title then dirt conversion is relatively cheap - insure it, get it inspected, and get it plated.

If they cant round up the parts themselves on the cheap, then these guys sell some good kits or just the missing parts to get it converted.
http://www.procycle.us/dskits/dskit.htm If you got questions - give-em a call they are friendly and very supportive.
When all is done someone could be enjoying some d/s rides on a decent bike for around $1100 - $1200 total investment - tax - title - license - out the door (I mean trail) :rider:

well thursday...myself..an grasshopper (shane) met THE.REAL.BIG.MAN. (marko) in humble.. and shane bought the CRF450R :clap: front end + wheel an tire.:thumb:to swap out on the XR650R for the USD fork's
this should be fun :rofl:
any coment's or advice before we start.???
have any of you done this.???:coffee:..........lonnie...

well thursday...myself..an grasshopper (shane) met THE.REAL.BIG.MAN. (marko) in humble.. and shane bought the CRF450R :clap: front end + wheel an tire.:thumb:to swap out on the XR650R for the USD fork's

Check it out Hancock

http://www.allballsracing.com/index.php/forkconvertion

Looks like the

crf top 30x51x15 xrr top 26x47x15
crf Bot 30x51x15 xrr bot 30x51x15

looks to me you need 1 conversion bearing to do the swap you can use 1 of the bearings off crf tripps and order 1 from All Balls, it would be a

26x51x15

at least that what it looks like to me . :clap:

hey marko. yeah i looked at the specs for all balls also. they no longer make a straight conversion kit with both bearings for the crf to xrr swap. i was looking at the info and i believe that i need a 30x47x15 bearing for the top of the three. the inside diameter of the crf is 30 and the ouside diameter for the xrr is 47. the 51 od is for the diameter of the crf cuz its a little beefier. i'm still looking for a top bearing that will fit.
at least thats my take on it
i have a feeling im gonna have to machine the stem down a bit to get the right bearing. that way i can use stock xrr bearings

hey marko. yeah i looked at the specs for all balls also. they no longer make a straight conversion kit with both bearings for the crf to xrr swap. i was looking at the info and i believe that i need a 30x47x15 bearing for the top of the three. the inside diameter of the crf is 30 and the ouside diameter for the xrr is 47. the 51 od is for the diameter of the crf cuz its a little beefier. i'm still looking for a top bearing that will fit.
at least thats my take on it
i have a feeling im gonna have to machine the stem down a bit to get the right bearing. that way i can use stock xrr bearings

I would call them first , someone was telling me all their coversion stuff was not listed anymore, and yep , Ur right , 30x47x15 , dont know what I was figuring ,

Give them a call 1st, Betcha they can help.

If you do get the stem machined , looks like only the top section, that should be a little easier.

So are you saying there are XRR USDs coming off? Are you getting them?

Sorry to interrupt the current topic but I finally got a chance to sit down for a sec. So here we go...

:sun: :sun: :sun:

CIMG0411Copy.jpg

Now and then you get a chance to ride somewhere that is simply unforgettable, Agman's place was one of 'em!!

CIMG0394Copy.jpg

I'd like to apologize, particularly to Agman for taking a week to get these pics up but it's been a very busy week.

I arrived at Agman's last Friday afternoon and as it was getting kinda late we took off for a quick spin around the neighborhood.

CIMG0468Copy.jpg

I took my TW200 pit bike along since the back tire on the 650 has seen its better days and I figured I'd better have a spare bike. We went by this hunting camp on the Panzer to see some of Agman's friends but they were gone so we rode on.

CIMG0397Copy.jpg

The roads were pretty washed out in places but all were rideable. Believe it or not it had rained a few days earlier.:brainsnap Agman even found some mud!:trust:

CIMG0398Copy-1.jpg

Of course the camera makes everything look flat but that's hardly the case, it's very hilly!! I'm quite a bit higher (in elevation that is:mrgreen:)than Agman in these pics.

CIMG0400Copy.jpg

CIMG0399Copy-1.jpg

We took off for the house and Agman and Vera May made us hamburgers for dinner.:eat: We turned in early and were up before the crack of dawn to watch a spectacular hill country sunrise! :sun: :zen: I'll have you know it was cold that morning!!:eek2:

And off to the Pie Run!:rider:

CIMG0414Copy.jpg

We met up with DJ, Mudclod, Clark, Mr2much and a non TWT member named Richard in Gatesville.

CIMG0420Copy.jpg

Oops! Borrowed camera! Yeah, that must be it!:mrgreen: :doh:

CIMG0419Copy.jpg

Not exactly sure who mapped out the route from Gatesville to Thurber but thumbs up:thumb: and hats off :chug: to a great ride!!!!!:flip: We were moving very fast with few stops so I only have a few pics. Excellent, twisty backroads all the way with only a handful of dogs (ask Agman about the DOG incident:eek2: :eek2: :rofl:).

CIMG0423Copy.jpg

CIMG0421Copy.jpg

Made it to Thurber and a great turn out for the Pie Run....

CIMG0437Copy.jpg

CIMG0436Copy.jpg

CIMG0435Copy.jpg

CIMG0434Copy.jpg

I have not a clue what the name of this place was but it was/is a very unique restaurant. Thurber is a ghost town but was once a huge brick factory. Lots of historical markers and even a museum. People are renovating the old factory buildings and turning them into businesses like this place.

CIMG0428Copy-Copy.jpg

Left to right... Agman, Me, Mudclod, Clark, DJ and Mr2Much.

CIMG0430Copy-Copy.jpg

Agman..

CIMG0440Copy.jpg

DJ on his new Kawasaki ????. Whatever it is, trust me, it's real fast!!:eek2: :lol2:

CIMG0441Copy.jpg

Fixin' ta gear up and head out.... Mudclod, Me and Agman.

CIMG0439Copy-Copy.jpg

OK, enough Pie Run pics, let's get back to Agman's ranch.:rider: Please allow me to mention a few things here. Of course I already knew Agman but this is the 1st time I've met his bride, Vera May. What a wonderful lady, a pleasure to know and an outstanding cook!! She made this incredible pork chop dish Saturday night that was to die for! :eat3:She said it was one of Agman's favorite's and I understand why. It was really that good!:clap: Good company, good food, what more could you ask for?

Saturday was getting late and Agman and Vera May turned in. I sat outside for awhile longer and admired the Heavens thanks to a very dark Hill Country Sky, trillions of stars!!!!!

Next morning, not nearly as cold as the previous, we geared up and headed into Gatesville for the county wide Coryell County Volunteer Fire Dept. Fish Fry. Place was huge.... and packed!!! Met a cornmeal covered and fellow firefighter Ghostrider1964:wave: :patriot:. A pleasure sir, hope to see ya out on the trail sometime!

Ran by the Coryell County Courthouse in Gatesville for a complimentary pic...

CIMG0449Copy.jpg

...and headed back to Agmans. Downtown Evant. The guy on the porch was a character.:lol2:

CIMG0454Copy.jpg

We had much more time to explore Sunday afternoon so we geared up (Agman properly this time:lol2:) and headed back into the Panzer. I thought I'd seen pretty much the extent of it Friday afternoon but I was very mistaken!!:rofl: He took me WAY UP IN THERE this time!!!!!!!!!!:lol2: :clap: :trust: :rider: HaHaHa!!! That place is huge! This RR is getting rather long winded so I'll just dump some pics here, I think they'll speak for themselves....

CIMG0490Copy.jpg

But I might add here, the powerlines on the horizon aren't little telephone poles, they're the big ones. The gate we came through ^^ to get here is on the other side of those. :cool2: :flip:

CIMG0491Copy.jpg

CIMG0487Copy.jpg

CIMG0501Copy.jpg

CIMG0459Copy.jpg

CIMG0458Copy.jpg

CIMG0455Copy.jpg

Agman's guesthouse!:trust:

CIMG0474Copy.jpg

Just kidding!!:rofl: Seriously though, these little structures are everywhere out there. He says they were used by ranch hands as far back as the mid 1800's. I found them fascinating!^^

Getting late, heading back.

CIMG0481Copy-1.jpg

I had a long drive ahead of me getting home but one last time I had to stop for a sec and just sit there. These silly pictures do no justice, I could see for miles!!

CIMG0510Copy.jpg

So how's that for an XR650L ride report(with a little TW thrown in)? Agman and Vera May, the word 'host' is hardly adequate, Y'all are dear friends and I sincerely thank you for having me out!:sun:

Rman237 :flip:

Excellent Richard! Great riding with ya'll. Looks like next pierun is in your backyard-hope to see you then.

Rman, it was a great riding weekend. Mr2mch provided us with good routing on pavement to Thurber and it was fun riding the trails around here. Great photos, by the way. Vera May and I really enjoyed your visit and look forward to more riding up here. The temps are cooling off and the riding should be great this fall!

Found a set of 3.5 inch Rox Rises on Amazon.com. New and in the box.

This is a replacement for my 2 inch Rox Risers that I had matched with 1 inch Tusk riser. Now I can get my Turbo City windshield back on!! :thumb:

IMG_5896.jpg

Yes, I am keeping the old 2 inch Rox Risers to put on a dirt bike when I get it. :rider:

I was about to get grumpy if you were going to sell the 2" ones. I ordered a set of 2" today.
rollingjavatar%252521med.png

Hey Lonnie, so the XRR does not have usds stock? I have been doing lots o street miles with my neighbors. I added a driving light, I have a windshield on the way...

But for some reason I can no longer post pics!?

nice report Rman...

CIMG0398Copy-1.jpg

:clap:

finally got my cyclerack back on, thought it was a bolt thread issue; turns out there are two holes on two metal pieces to line up, just a bit of this :pound:

So who is chasing us around East Texas in a month? We've packaged it into one day so that nobody burns any vacation.

I'm in, what is the date and where is the starting point? Do you have another thread started for this?

_

Back