• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HONDA XR650L OWNER'S SIGN IN

Will be there with another coworker and his XR. Shaping up to be a pretty good showing. See you there

:lol2: :rofl: :lol2: :moon: Well the new one's in the mail, identical to the last one. Let's see how long to takes me to accidentally run over it with the truck or drop it in the dogs water bowl or...etc..etc..:doh:

I don't believe in photograhic evidence. Ok this time only I'll take some photos if I can borrow your camera, haha ouch!

Turns out nobody brought a camera today so no pics. Six of us rode and had a great ride, your's truly, Alex4218, Bikedork, Zojirushi, Hellwig and his friend James. SHNF trails are very very dry and loose deep sand in most places. Lots of slipping and sliding around, that really wears you out fast. Plenty of spills and a couple big thrills spread over the entire group but I'm not squealing. But dang I wish I had a camera with video for the after the ride thrill.

One XR650L (James) was in attendance to keep things topical to this thread.

Also guys 2012 OHV stickers are red so will look good on your BRP's. Get them stickers on and lets do some more riding, maybe when weather gets cooler even schedule an overnighter, camping at Kelly Pond?? Who would be up for that?

_

Re: HONDA XR650L OWNER'S buddy SIGN IN

managed to sand some more plastic off the bike and my gear today at SHNF, good news nothing broken but my already severely wounded spirit. All kidding aside, was a great time and cant wait to go back. I just wish my riding compatriots could get their acts together and admit it when they fall. Oh well, at least we didnt set the woods on fire. As far as hat tricks I would have to give the honors to the attending XR -very nice indeed. Bravo Monsieur, Bravo!

I gotta admire those BRP's. Engine can still run upside down dangling a foot off the ground!! :rofl:

Silver jixed him!!:rofl:

XR650L Dirt-bagz Brackets - $75

I have an extra set of XR650L Dirt-bagz Brackets if anyone is interested.

$75 local or I could ship them once I find out the shipping cost.

Product Info: http://www.dbzproducts.com/models.htm

Here's what they look like on the bike. Does not include top rack wear that the bags are on.

2010-MexTrek110.jpg

2010-MexTrek092.jpg

2010-MexTrek026.jpg

Stock Picture of brackets
brackets1.jpg

Rmann gets the brackets!! - thanks!! :thumb:

Do any of you guys live near Katy, TX? There is a bike I'm interested in and trying to find out how to get out there and see it.

Hey saw this link to a thumpertalk post about adding kick start to your L within another post (previously linked here about rebuilding an XR650L motor).

Thought some of you might want to save it to you other saved links for the "L" Just in case some of you didn't follow that thread.

The Kickstart link - http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=829540

thank's for the info..EnduroRdr.!

BUT I like my E-BUTTON i'm to old to be kick starting aBIG-RED-PIG!!...:rofl::lol2::rofl:

That's a stock xr4 pipe from a 2001 (my stock 96 pipe has a bigger outlet but these days I prefer the quieter pipe)

Some old timers may remember the Less sound = more ground movement from when we were just starting to loose riding areas.
Besides I like a more stealth approach - scares the crap out of riders when you pass them on the trail - :eek2:

LessSoundMoreGround.jpg

Back