• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Motorcycles in Movies

Not a movie, on the TV series, Person of Interest,
John Reese, the "man in the suit" played by Jim Caviezel,
rides a 2010 Moto Guzzi Griso 8V SE.

109poi_001013_c52.jpg

Seems to me there was a woman riding a motorcycle in the movie Sideways

found it

sideways_zps9f87bbdb.jpg

And I seem to recall a really bad motorcycle street racing move I the early 2000s sorta like the Fast and the Furious. Can't remember the name.

The 2012 crime drama, The Place Beyond the Pines, casts Ryan Gosling as a motorcycle stunt rider turned bank robber on his Honda HR 650 R.

i616653.jpg

i616643.jpg

someone probably jumped that motorcycle, but I bet the landing was no where near as pretty as it was in the movie, and I doubt it was arnie in the saddle when it happened

Arnie didn't ride it- a stunt guy did, and the whole bike was on a trolley hanging on from cables while they did it.

In "We're the Millers" some thug kid made a brief appearance on a blue ZRX1200.

In "Tron Legacy", Sam Flynn rides a newer Ducati while running from the cops and later his dad's older Ducati is seen gathering dust.

In "Pulp Fiction", Bruce Willis rode a Harley chopper that he took from Zed, because "Zed is dead".

Jeremy Renner and Rachel Weisz on a Honda dirt bike being chased by the bad guy on a Honda police motorcycle in the "Bourne Legacy" chase scene, which I liked better than the James Bond rooftop chase scene on the Beemer.

Laurence Fishburne and Steven Baldwin both riding Ducati 916's through Stone Mountain park in Atlanta, in a bomb of a movie called "FLED".

The 1977 Clint Eastwood movie, The Gauntlet. Eastwood rides a Harley chopper with Sondra Locke.
A biker gang with assorted choppers appear in one scene and there are also some police motorcycles.

077612-005C_CR.jpg

i062116.jpg

I was watching Cheech & Chong Up In Smoke last night and there is a scene with a sidecar rig, couldn't really tell what kind.

Not a movie, but Keira Knightley Riding a 1973 Ducati SuperSport 750 in a Coco Chanel Perfume Commercial.
You can view the full 3 minute commercial, see more pictures and read more about it at leatherup.com.

Keira-Knightley-3.jpg

In the classic '71 cult classic chase movie Vanishing Point there's a fairly gratuitous scene featuring a totally nude young lady on what I think is a CL 350...

Producer (director?) noted in comments with CD that hot sun on the seat between takes was a problem, to put it delicately.

I would post a link but preview pic wouldn't last long here...google "vanishing point nude scene" if you're interested in trying to identify the bike...

In the 1985 movie, Jewel of the Nile, the sequel to 1984 Romancing the Stone,
a relaxed Michael Douglas rides away confidently with Kathleen Turner sitting side saddle on a 1976 BMW R100S.
It may be her stunt woman in this picture, but she rides off from a standstill in the movie.

i036474.jpg

what was that movie in the late 80's i think that Michael Douglas was in where he raced a H-D Sportster in the first part of the movie?

Not a movie, but Keira Knightley Riding a 1973 Ducati SuperSport 750 in a Coco Chanel Perfume Commercial.
You can view the full 3 minute commercial, see more pictures and read more about it at leatherup.com.

Keira-Knightley-3.jpg

IIRC that whole thing was very fake. The bike was never "ridden" but put on somesort of rig.

Back