• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Motorcycles in Movies

2005 The Island

Ewan McGregor and Scarlett Johansson in a sci-fi type show. At one point a motorcycle drives past this naive pair in the desert and she says "what was that?" and he says, "I don't know, but I want one!" LOL Of course we all know Ewan is a big motorcycle buff. There are pics later of him on several bikes, and there is an action sequence on some sky cycles.

MV5BMTkwNjA3NDczNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzAwOTUyMw@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

Ruckus - 1980 With Linda Blair riding a Kawasaki KX and Dirk Benedict riding KDX.

vlcsnap-2013-12-24-16h38m01s113_zps073385e4.png
[/URL][/IMG]

vlcsnap-2013-12-24-16h39m00s181_zpsfbd068e3.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Roku just added a channel called 'Popcorn'. I looked at it just last night, most of the movies are unknowns, not good enough for the dollar box at HEB.

I did stumble upon THE WORST MOVIE OF ALL TIME:

p92aqEo.jpg

This dude is driving his dirt bike (some kind 250cc, sorry I don't know my dirt bikes very well) around a top secret government installation. Suddenly he is hit by meteor and is turned into a MURDERCYCLE. The Murdercycle runs around shoot death rays that blow up 18 wheelers but only wing the hero.

I could feel brain death setting in as I watched, it, and had to turn it off at about the 11 minute mark. DON'T WATCH THIS SOBER. At least be drunk, but I recommend crack. Because clearly the writers, producer, director, actors, camera men, and the caterers were all on crack when they made this movie.

But it does have a motorcycle:

hFsuqox.jpg

One of the best movies I've seen in a long time is 'One Week'.

It's the story of a guy who is diagnosed with cancer, and decides to ride across Canada on a classic Norton before it's too late. It's not a downer movie, in fact much of it is very funny. And what the guy does will make sense to a lot of riders.

One_week_poster.jpg

[ame="http://youtu.be/c7wN4ogONxE"]trailer here[/ame]

The 2012 movie, The Cold Light of Day, has the adorable Spanish waif, Veronica Echegui, flogging a 2008 Peugeot Vivacity through Madrid carrying a strapping Henry Cavill on the pillion until she low sides into a Nissan Micra.

i526146.jpg

i526197.jpg

Bruce Willis is in the movie. He seems to be passing the action hero baton to Cavill.

The 2013 British movie, Welcome to the Punch, begins with Mark Strong leading a squad of four Yamaha XT660s in a suspenseful car chase sequence. Some good riding but they never appear again. The entire cop (James McAvoy) vs crook movie is filmed at night, has no love interests but if you like intrigue, gun play and car chases, it's worth a rental. Director Eran Creevy one ups Sam Peckinpah, known for slow motion gun battles, with a super slow mo, four man shootout across a coffee table.

i584778.jpg

Not a movie but the new TV, sci-fi, crime drama, Almost Human,
has no motorcycles in the not too distant future!
Is it a harbinger of things to come?

Evidently incapable of piloting single-track vehicles,
the android cops jockey almost motorcycles, Can-Am Spyders.

i649504.jpg

So in this thread

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114647

A motorcycles in movies tangent seemed to get some traction.

I searched and resurrected this thread started 4 years ago.

I read through all the clips and never saw a reference to:

Then came Bronson with Micheal Parks and Bonnie Bedelia
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIjJB9qVORc"]Then Came Bronson - 1969 TV Series - "Well, hang in there". - YouTube[/ame]

Freebie and the Bean with Alan Arkin, James Caan and Loretta Swit
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Szd7CyFE4AA"]Freebie And The Bean - Scene 7 - YouTube[/ame]

Race with the Devil with Peter Fonda and warren Oates
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q62Jtz0j-Y8"]Race With the Devil - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
What about Tom Cruise's red Triumph Daytona and Sean Ambrose's black Speed Triple in Mission Impossible: 2 magically transforming its street tires into offroad and back a few times? Hey, I wish my Triumph was so hi-tech! lol

Such a dumb motorcycle scene. Especially the full size armored chevy suburbans repeatedly gaining on and then bumping the back tire of the bikes. Sure, a 10 second 0 - 60 behemoth outgunning a 3 second sportbike. But hey, its Hollywood. They aren't the brightest bunch of engineers. But they are getting better!

There was a Norton ES2 in Lassiter with Tom Sellick.

In the mini-series "Danger UXB" there were several British Bikes and lovely British cars.

Chris Pratt's Triumph Scrambler was a major feature player in 2015's Jurassic World. While it may not be the most ideal bike for running through the jungle with a pack of velociraptors, it got the job done, and it looked great and sounded better.

Attachments

• ChrisPratt2.jpg
    ChrisPratt2.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 217
  • ChrisPratt1.jpg
    ChrisPratt1.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 157
Here's two.

Tom Hanks in Larrry Crowne. A middle-aged guy returns to college and ends up riding a scooter to save money. Some "joy of riding" shots.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UNtrqRG7GA"]Larry Crowne (2011) Official Trailer - Tom Hanks, Julia Roberts Movie HD - YouTube[/ame]

Pray for the Wildcats with Andy Griffith in his meanest role ever. I had a link, but it's better if you google the vid.

m

Last edited:
1990 Mr Frost with Jeff Goldblum as a serial killer who thinks he is satan. Or is he?

Movie opens up with two dudes (one of them is Charlie Boorman) riding a cruiser
on their way to eventually break into his garage.

Seven pages over nine years and I didn't see this one mentioned:

easy-rider-movie-motorcycles-rideapart.jpg

Maybe I missed it.

Last edited:
from the first post...

:ponder:

There are some that would call "Easy Rider" a motorcycle movie.

Most scenes have motorcycles plus motorcycles were there from the beginning to the end of the movie.

It was about what we represent.... Freedom Man!

Back