• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Mum-mum-mum-mah 2021 Honda Trail 125

I'm 6' 3" and it pushes the air over my head.

Also used a factory button (first pic) for an Africa Twin for the driving light circuit.

At work now, but I'll be home at about 4:00 and get some info for you.
After hours of comparing photos I have come to the conclusion that I have the same windscreen as yours. I'm only 6ft tall but I think the screen is still a bit short for my liking. I am thinking about adding a lip.

IMG_20211116_163651148.jpg

Looks like it's 18 1/4 from bottom to top.

I went for a ride last night. Riding at night isn't my thing but I am trying to plan out my 600 mile service so I can ride my bike to San Antonio for a family Christmas. I did a little over 90 miles. All highway. I'm used to riding in traffic so this felt like a pretty relaxed ride. No crazies out there (or fewer of them) and the weather was perfect. Are we really in mid-December? My take away from this ride is the wind protection: it's not enough. I have the tall Honda windshield and the wind hits the top half of my helmet. I will order a lip and go from there.

I'm at 570, gonna go ride around this morning, buy some oil, and change it and the filter this afternoon.
I'm really enjoying this bike so far. The display says it's getting 65 mpg average. You're right about the wind protection. After riding it some more, I've noticed it.
nc1.jpg
nc2.jpg

After hours of comparing photos I have come to the conclusion that I have the same windscreen as yours. I'm only 6ft tall but I think the screen is still a bit short for my liking. I am thinking about adding a lip.
Congrats ... I have a new to me 2020 DCT. Other popular additions are front fender extender, rear hugger, radiator guard, and possibly engine guards.
As for the windscreen besides the clip on screen some add an adjustable extender like this one:
Windshield extender

My take away from this ride is the wind protection: it's not enough. I have the tall Honda windshield and the wind hits the top half of my helmet. I will order a lip and go from there.

I know it's not the same bike, but the best solution on my Africa Twin turned out to be the stock windshield with a lip. I tried a real windshield too, but ended up selling it. Good luck figuring it out!

I'm at 570, gonna go ride around this morning, buy some oil, and change it and the filter this afternoon.
I'm really enjoying this bike so far. The display says it's getting 65 mpg average. You're right about the wind protection. After riding it some more, I've noticed it.
nc1.jpg
nc2.jpg
Where did you get those highway pegs and how do they attach?

I know it's not the same bike, but the best solution on my Africa Twin turned out to be the stock windshield with a lip. I tried a real windshield too, but ended up selling it. Good luck figuring it out!
I know what you mean. The wind protection is something that needs tweaking for some reason. I've tried a lip before and had some pretty good results. Looks like I need another Christmas present. :lol2:

I just came back from a ride. Not what I expected. I'll make 2 posts.

The good part:

Beautiful weather, beautiful roads, fun time. I took 288 South and had an absolute blast. I took the obligatory pic:

FG1Y6gJXwAowXZK?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

And of course, my brand new helmet - more on that in the second post:

FG1Y81ZXMAYohln?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

The bad part:

I turned around at some point and headed back home. Took 288 one more time. I got to a point where there was a tanker in the left lane and a car in the middle lane and another car in the right lane. I thought about finding a way through but thought I would simply relax and take is easy. I was really upset at that tanker for being in the left lane and driving at the same speed as everyone else because traffic was building up behind me. I was in the middle lane. I hesitated about over taking the tanker or a car but kept telling myself to take it easy. The tanker blew a tire and a large chunk (see pic below) flew toward me and hit me in the arms/ chest/ head. It hit me at about 60 mph. I don't know how I held the bike upright. I don't know how it didn't knock me out of consciousness or seriously injured me. It hit me from the side so may be that helped.

I was able to pull to the shoulder. Some guy in a pick up stopped behind me and came to my help. Within a couple of minutes of checking myself and catching my breath, I called 911. They dispatched a car. My head hurt, I took my helmet off and asked the buy if I had a cut or anything on my face. He said I have a cut on my chin. My jaw really hurt and my head was ringing. I sat down. The cop came and took my statement. He offered to call it in and get transport but while I was hurting, I was okay. He offered to drive up behind to try and catch up to the tanker. We never found him. I think he probably saw me being hit and freaked out and took off. Or may be he didn't notice and kept driving (in spite of the super loud noise the tire made).

Verdict? A cut on my lower chin where the strap is, a bruise on the tip on my chin, a huge bruise on my right bicep. My jaw is really sore. My bike has... a bent left mirror. Actually, it's not even bent, it's turned. I'll have to use to screw it back on properly. Nothing else. My helmet took a hit. The sun visor I had on popped out and it's got some scratches on the face shield. Nothing else. I could have fallen. I didn't. I could have probably died or got seriously injured. I didn't. I have thanked the Lord many times over for keeping me safe and giving me another day.

Check out that tire:

It was on me until I got off the bike - it's heavy!
FG1ZQbeXoAIIoGC?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

The mirror

FG1ZHklWQAkmKmR?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

You can see the sun visor popped on impact. Nothing else. No cracks in the face shield.

FG1ZO8_WQAkJgdY?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Back