• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Mum-mum-mum-mah 2021 Honda Trail 125

So I've decided to sell my bike:

So what made you want to sell? What did it lack that you want in your next bike?
I bought the bike with the idea of doing some light touring. I am not and have not. I think I like the idea of touring but in reality, it's not the riding I do. I would like to try something more dirt worthy. I hesitated over a Triumph Tiger 850 for a while. The Aprilia Tuareg looks tempting too. I went with the NC because it reminded me of my X ADV. Honestly, I may buy a Honda Monkey for me and a Super Cub for my wife. I had a yellow 2019 Monkey. I should have kept it. They are perfect for light off road duty.

I bought the bike with the idea of doing some light touring. I am not and have not. I think I like the idea of touring but in reality, it's not the riding I do. I would like to try something more dirt worthy. I hesitated over a Triumph Tiger 850 for a while. The Aprilia Tuareg looks tempting too. I went with the NC because it reminded me of my X ADV. Honestly, I may buy a Honda Monkey for me and a Super Cub for my wife. I had a yellow 2019 Monkey. I should have kept it. They are perfect for light off road duty.

Why not a Trail 125? Or a pair of them for the two of you?

Why not a Trail 125? Or a pair of them for the two of you?
I don't about about a Trail 125. I haven't even seen one. Yes it looks nice and I would probably like it but they are as rare as hen's teeth and pricing reflects it. My wife is also on the short side at 5 foot tall. She can handle a Super Cub 125 but I think the Trail 125 would be too tall for her. A Monkey is out as well for her because she can shift a semi auto but not a manual.

I wasn't sure where to put this but since I have been hinting at my NC's replacement, here we go.

We went shopping for a Super Cub for my wife today. We went to 2 different dealerships.

2022 Super Cub retails at $3,799 plus $200 shipping Plus $100 freight surcharge so the base price is $4,100.

Dealer # 1: 2022 Super Cub is $5,500 OTD and leftover 2021 Super Cub is $5,000. No, thank you. Bye.

Dealer # 2: 2022 Super Cub is $4,700 OTD and leftover 2021 Super Cub is $4,500. Can you come down on price? No. I gave you the wrong pricing. The 2022 is $5,150 but we can do $4,700. No, thank you for your time.

Every dealer in town has one or more 2021 Super Cub. No one wants to deal. It's not even a popular model.

We'll try again later.

$5,500!!! :brainsnap
FMjIvDTWUAMrFx9?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Plenty of Monkeys!
FMjIwxtWQAQPLSZ?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

The new NAVI doesn't look like a strong seller
FMjIqzAXMAUdkBy?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Geez those prices are crazy.

Maybe it's just me being a motorcycle snob, but I can't even begin to imagine paying $5,000 (or anywhere close to it) for a scooter.....

FWIW, a lady recently purchased a Monkey at the Marshall location of H&W Honda; said it was ±$200-$300 less than the out-the-door price from the dealer over here in Northwest Louisiana.

I know that dealership. I went there, ONCE :doh:
It was my first time there too. I went because I wanted to check out the Monkey as well and it was the only dealer in the area that had both a 2022 Monkey and Super Cub.

How price goes from $5,500 to $4,700 for the same bike within miles is pretty crazy.

So I walked into a dealer this morning and they had a Trail 125!!! Never seen one before. I bought it. Right then and there. I traded in my NC for the Trail and a 2021 PCX for my wife. She's happy, I'm happy.

What an awesome little bike! It deserves all the praise it gets. I put 21 miles on it riding it back. I still can't believe it's in my garage!

FNGS9x-XEAA_YZA?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

FNG0B0iXIAIicF4?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

FNG0DebWQAco9CW?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Nice. Just curious; how tall is your wife? Mine is 5'2" with a 27" inseam, and finding things to fit her ain't easy!

Nice. Just curious; how tall is your wife? Mine is 5'2" with a 27" inseam, and finding things to fit her ain't easy!
My wife is 5' with a 26" inseam. She is literally 100 pounds. While she tiptoes on both bikes she rode a PCX several years ago and never had any problem.

Awesome! Thanks; that helps to put size into perspective.

I finally got a chance to put a few miles on the Trail this morning. I was going to say you get noticed on it but after getting almost taken out in a roundabout early in my ride, I guess the "glowing red" (Honda's words! Not mine) isn't bright enough. It's okay though because some 20 something kid told me later my bike looks cool.

That red really pops though.

FN-1Wp8XoAc0Sx6?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

FN_BCkgXEAAlhGD?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

It definitely pops, but if drivers can miss my broad shoulders atop my Africa Twin, they can definitely miss a CT... Heck, I've had someone not see my mom and I 2 up on the Goldwing!

It definitely pops, but if drivers can miss my broad shoulders atop my Africa Twin, they can definitely miss a CT... Heck, I've had someone not see my mom and I 2 up on the Goldwing!
I mean, if they can't see a Gold Wing, there's no hope.

I mean, if they can't see a Gold Wing, there's no hope.

For that person anyway! Thankfully it's only been once, but I'm more disturbed by the ones who merge in me in the Twin that just seem to not care. Then again, folks do that to me when I'm in my truck about as often.

First gas up today. I was able to gas up at 100 miles (100.1) and I put 0.993 gal. So 100 mpg. Now how full was that tank when I bought the bike? Who knows. You way you fill up and because the tank is so small, it can make your mpg vary a bit as well. I think my mpg will get better.

One thing I am not too impressed with is the tires. I'll consider changing them during the first service at 600 miles.

Back